Cracked Screen from Steam?
I had a Nexus 4 from late January/early February until last week. Not a scratch on the front or back glass, even though I used only a bumper about 60% of the time and nothing the other 40%. I dropped it at least 40 times, a few times on cement. I own the Moto X for one week, and already it has a cracked screen. I dropped it Friday night on the sidewalk with a CaseMate case on, and there appeared to be no damage. Through hours of use Friday night, Saturday, and Sunday, I noticed no scratches. Then, when I got out of the shower last night, there was a pretty nice sized crack.
What is the likelihood that the steam from the shower caused the crack? I can't imagine it was too hot in the bathroom, and I left my Nexus 4 in the bathroom while showering all the time. Or, alternatively, is it possible that the drop on Friday caused a microscopic crack that wasn't apparent to the naked eye? I know that the crack was not there in visible form before taking the shower. There is no way I didn't notice this for two days. Additionally, my girlfriend was testing out the phone for a few minutes about 20 minutes beforehand. I was beside her on the couch the whole time, so I know she did not drop it or break it. But most importantly, she didn't notice any crack or scratch. She definitely would have pointed it out, as she knows I'm very...umm..."meticulous" with my phones, especially since I wasn't completely decided on the Moto X yet (may trade it for N5 later). Would there be any way for me to prove a manufacturer's defect from this to get the screen replaced for free? Has anyone else heard of Moto X's having this problem?
Nexus 7 (2013)