[Q] ATRIX HD EB20 Battery - Replace Flex Cable?

Search This thread

JewelsBoston

Jan 31, 2014
Boston
I've seen nothing BUT information on replacing the battery for the ATRIX HD, but nothing regarding replacing/switching out JUST the torn flex cable. Perhaps it's not physically possible, or the battery will burn up ;), but I would love to know if anyone has gone this far and attempted. Because my phone is out of warranty, Motorola refuses to sell me a new battery, and I refuse to ship for "repair" when I can do it myself. I've ordered an OEM battery, knowing it will be potentially old and not "new", so I'd ideally like to just take the flex cable; replace mine & keep my good battery.

I will appreciate any feedback. Thanks in advance.

deeje00

Jan 8, 2011
You can't replace the cable. You said you already ordered a battery. Just use that. It'll work fine.

Sent from my Galaxy Note III

Reactions: JewelsBoston

JewelsBoston

Jan 31, 2014
Boston
Follow up..

Thanks for responding to my question, Deeje. I was concerned about the new battery and was even more so after receiving it, not an OEM and not even the same size. After calming down (phone was down for 10+ days) and researching my new Sony battery, I found it was of the same power spec and ended up installing. All is good, finally. I recommend RepairsUniverse for the beautiful new screen; the battery shipper shall remain nameless for their lack of communication. :)

You can't replace the cable. You said you already ordered a battery. Just use that. It'll work fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.