Can't find USB debugging on p600...

Search This thread

djdelirius

Jan 5, 2014
Maybe I'm completely overlooking this option but I can't find the Enable USB debugging mode on my 10.1 p600. I have no developer menu anywhere in settings. The closest thing I can find is the install from unknown sources option under security settings which is usually listed under the developer options menu on my other Android devices. I'm running stock Touchwiz on 4.3 build MK1.

lightman33

Dec 14, 2007
Maybe I'm completely overlooking this option but I can't find the Enable USB debugging mode on my 10.1 p600. I have no developer menu anywhere in settings. The closest thing I can find is the install from unknown sources option under security settings which is usually listed under the developer options menu on my other Android devices. I'm running stock Touchwiz on 4.3 build MK1.

this option is hidden by default, you have to activate it.
in general option, you must "click" 7 times (if I remenber well) on the version number (in about device).

djdelirius

Jan 5, 2014
in general option, you must "click" 7 times (if I remenber well) on the version number (in about device).

Thanks a bunch!! It was actually the build number I had to click on 7 times. But thanks for starting me out. +1 Thanks. Now I only need to figure out how to do the same thing on my Note 3.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app

djdelirius

Jan 5, 2014
Thanks a bunch!! It was actually the build number I had to click on 7 times. But thanks for starting me out. +1 Thanks. Now I only need to figure out how to do the same thing on my Note 3.

Nevermind, it's the same way for Note 3. Weird but it didn't work the first time I tried it.... Just like the XDA website. :p

Hankafyin

Feb 2, 2014
I don't understand the need to "Hide" things

Yep that's definitely not a samsung thing. Even my Nexus devices had the developer options hidden. Hell even on some custom ROMs they hide the developer options at first :rolleyes:

I feel that this goes against the whole open source ideal. Sure, have a dialog box that states "you probably don't need or understand these setting", but to make an "easter egg" out of settings seems wrong. IMHO

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.