Normal VS GPE OTAs?

Search This thread

KuGeL94

Jun 5, 2012
Germany
esfmods.com
I wonder which Software Version will get the latest updates faster or first?

A normal Moto G or a Google Play Edition Moto G?

Would it be better to flash a GPE ROM on a normal Moto G to get the latest Updates that are going to maybe come this summer faster?

Ayrton990

Oct 20, 2012
Celaya, Guanajuato
I wonder which Software Version will get the latest updates faster or first?

A normal Moto G or a Google Play Edition Moto G?

Would it be better to flash a GPE ROM on a normal Moto G to get the latest Updates that are going to maybe come this summer faster?

This is a characteristic, The Moto G google play edition upgrades are always the first than the normal moto G because there's no motorola's customization and carrier's customization

Sorry about my english =) i'm learning

Last edited:

vincentallen2

Jul 9, 2009
OnePlus 7T Pro
OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
Id say go with the GPE. Its easier to unlock/relock the Bootloader because you don't have to go through the Motorola unlock website, you'll get updates before regular moto g will, and if you have any hardware issues after your rooted you can just unroot and relock the Bootloader and send it in to google. If you Bootloader unlock a regular moto g, the warranty is permanently voided and there's no way to hide it because you HAVE to go through the Motorola unlock website.

The GPE moto g is basically a cheaper plastic version of a Nexus 4 [emoji4]

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

myabc

Jan 27, 2006
not sure why for motorola edition is there version 176.44.1 and for google edition there isan older firmware?

and with google edition (gpe) the notification light without light flow doesn'i native work!!!!!!

Ayrton990

Oct 20, 2012
Celaya, Guanajuato
Motorola ROM

Hmm okay, thank you, what do you think is better the GPE ROM or Motorolas ROM?

i Think its better the Motorolas ROM because you can flash (With the bootloader unlocked) a kernel, for example the Hybrid Kernel by Faux
Motorolas has the F2FS file system and Google Play Edition has ext4 file system thats why most of kernels can't work with GPE.

Top Liked Posts