[Q] change longpress home function?

Search This thread

XDM inc

Mar 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 9
Google Pixel Fold
so ive been googleling for a couple of pages now and is it really that hard to remap the home button on android? cant seem to find answer.

i want to map the home button to a app for now until i find a more long term solution.

sscsps

Nov 17, 2013
delhi
Not possible? Anyone?

so ive been googleling for a couple of pages now and is it really that hard to remap the home button on android? cant seem to find answer.

i want to map the home button to a app for now until i find a more long term solution.

Well, it's not that hard, there are some apps out there which can remap keys, but as per your wish, it's not actually remapping totally, total remap is easy, but you want to change some of the function of a single key, which is kinda difficult and a lot of editing work

May be there are some apps which do open apps from volume key trigger, I don't know if it have home key trigger also
I don't remember the app name, you can search for it.

Hit thanks if I helped :)

XDM inc

Mar 7, 2011
Xiaomi Mi 9
Google Pixel Fold
Well, it's not that hard, there are some apps out there which can remap keys, but as per your wish, it's not actually remapping totally, total remap is easy, but you want to change some of the function of a single key, which is kinda difficult and a lot of editing work

May be there are some apps which do open apps from volume key trigger, I don't know if it have home key trigger also
I don't remember the app name, you can search for it.

Hit thanks if I helped :)

depending on how hard i dont mind the editing the files.

Last edited: