I don't even know lol

Search This thread

brd912

Sep 7, 2010
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S7
Its been a very long time since I've had to dig this deep into flashing and I've always been a Samsung user so I'm somewhat use to the less difficult route. I'm running the 4.4.4 mokee ROM with the kitkat boot loader. Im trying to get miui running on my phone. The miui ROM is on 4.2.2 and I'm guessing requires a JB bootloader to flash. So my question is, is there a pre-rooted rsd package to get back to 4.2.2 so I can flash miui or do I have to flash back to stock, re-root and re-flash a custom recovery? Honestly I'm trying to get back for stability also. Unless someone knows where a KitKat miui ROM is for our phone? Other than the "V6" tablet ui ROM. It isn't no where stable enough.

rahimali

Its been a very long time since I've had to dig this deep into flashing and I've always been a Samsung user so I'm somewhat use to the less difficult route. I'm running the 4.4.4 mokee ROM with the kitkat boot loader. Im trying to get miui running on my phone. The miui ROM is on 4.2.2 and I'm guessing requires a JB bootloader to flash. So my question is, is there a pre-rooted rsd package to get back to 4.2.2 so I can flash miui or do I have to flash back to stock, re-root and re-flash a custom recovery? Honestly I'm trying to get back for stability also. Unless someone knows where a KitKat miui ROM is for our phone? Other than the "V6" tablet ui ROM. It isn't no where stable enough.

simplest route for you: install rsdlite, flash stock 4.4.2 which will upgrade you to kk bootloader. then install supersu from play store, then towelroot and root your phone. thereafter, use motocalypse to unlock bootloader.

after that you are free to pick and choose which rom you want to install. if you wish to install a jb rom, you will have to downgrade to jb bootloader. otherwise, you're free to install your favorite recovery followed by your favorite kk rom while still on the kk bootloader

lem22

Nov 25, 2013
So my question is, is there a pre-rooted rsd package to get back to 4.2.2 so I can flash miui or do I have to flash back to stock, re-root and re-flash a custom recovery?
You don't have to be rooted to flash custom recoveries, so just downgrade to stock 4.1.2 (there was no 4.2) and then flash a custom recovery for the old bootloader.

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013
I flashed the JB file but it failed to flash a 4.2.2 ROM...since it flashes back to 4.1.2 would I have to flash a 4.1.2 based ROM and then flash a 4.2.2 rom?

If meant for 4.1.2 kernel then use flash back 4.1.2 then when recovery reboots flash the 4.1.2bl rom. Which 4.2.2 ROM are you trying?

We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it within themselves.