[ROM][EXTRAS] PRIME! v1.8.4 | Latest Asus Build++ | HTJ85B.prime_epad-1.8-20110821

Search This thread

Dr Casemod

Jan 28, 2010
In the main window of SetCPU there are two sliders, one for the max frequency, one for the min. You should move them to change the values. If OC kernel is working correctly - maximum possible value should be 1600. If slider is stuck with 1000 maximum value - then something's wrong and you don't have OC enabled.

Hope that's helpful.

thanks, that is how i understood SetCPU
the upper slider for the maximum value is at 1000 max, 1600 ist not possible

so how to enable OC?
i just downloaded the OC Kernel from Post two 1.8_OC_Kernel.zip and flashed it via CWM (same way I flashed 1.8.2 and 1.8.4)

i did no wipe or factory reset, just flashed

mallman

Aug 17, 2008
i have a problem. I installed 1.8.2 with a clean wipe of everything. I then installed 1.8.4 patch. i booted up initially fine. I installed setcpu and clocked up to 1.6. It rebooted and went into boot loops. it wouldnt stop so i factory reset which still didnt fix

Last edited:

venomio

May 13, 2010
Auckland
Seriously, I don't know if it's SetCPU that's ****... But I have CPU Master, and it works perfectly fine with 1.8.2 and also 1.8.4.

Mr.Clark

Feb 15, 2006
I can't type shift @ when the keyboard dock is connected all I get is a " character. This is only when Thumbs keyboard is enabled as input method. Switching back to Asus/Android keyboard as input method fixes it. But that's inconvenient. Anyone else use Thumbs keyboard and have this issue with this firmware? It used to work OK so not sure if it's the firmware or the app (or both) at fault. I have everything set to UK layout.

Assuming you've got a UK dock and want the UK key layout, you can do the following:

Code:
adb remount
adb shell
mv /system/usr/keychars/asusec.kcm /system/usr/keychars/asusec.kcm.old
cp /system/usr/xt9/keychars/qwerty-en_GB.kcm /system/usr/keychars/asusec.kcm
mv /system/usr/keylayout/asusec.kl /system/usr/keylayout/asusec.kl.old
cp /system/usr/xt9/keylayout/qwerty-en_GB.kl /system/usr/keylayout/asusec.kl
Then reboot your device.

Replace -en_GB with your native language if you don't want the UK layouts.

Thanks to this thread and a mate of mine who found the shell stuff (I was doing it via ADB pull and push!)

itman2000my

Aug 16, 2010
PRIME 1.8.4 + OC

Where can i find the tun.ko + cifs.ko files?

I search everywhere and can't find this 2 files.

Then, i use the stock kernal tun.ko + cifs.ko and when i execute insmod /system/lib/modules/tun.ko, i got "exec format error".

Pls help.

TIA

JL

acomiskey

Mar 13, 2008
Installed 1.8.4 patch over 1.8.3, launcher force closed and system rebooted. Appears to be ok after the reboot. First issue I had had with Prime

sazfar13

Feb 22, 2011
I have flashed this update + flash. I also got a message to update the software for the dock which I did.

I ran Quadrant but my scores have dropped from 2500 back to 1500. Moreover, it is force closing on me.

The other thing I note is that I am unable to copy over stuff from the tablet over to my SDcard in the dock. This could be a TF issue as well as I never tried to copy over files before. Just thought I mention it here.

finalhit

Jan 12, 2009
thanks, that is how i understood SetCPU
the upper slider for the maximum value is at 1000 max, 1600 ist not possible

so how to enable OC?
i just downloaded the OC Kernel from Post two 1.8_OC_Kernel.zip and flashed it via CWM (same way I flashed 1.8.2 and 1.8.4)

i did no wipe or factory reset, just flashed

standard practice for flashing a kernel wipe your cache/dalvik. also, 1.8.2 comes with the OC kernel, you didn't need to flash it again manually. are you sure you didn't download the stock kernel, that one is not OCable.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

SilverZero

May 18, 2010
Hi All.

I hv a small problem with the Google Maps installed together with PRIME.

Since im outside of US, i am not able to use the normal Google Maps, thus, i rely on Onwhere Maps.

How do i install Onwhere Maps in PRIME?

Is there a way to uninstall the normal Google Maps in PRIME?

TIA

JL

This isn't really related to Prime, but you can use Titanium Backup to remove Google Maps. If you have to

Roach2010

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2008
Glasgow
Had same issue. Rebooted, wiping cache and dalvik along the way, and that fixed the lag for me.

@Roach, BTW, I don't think anyone responded, but yes, I found the bug that seems to have gotten away. I used look forward to seeing a post from Roach, now all I want to do is grab a fly swatter ;-)

So it was you! ;)

The poor little guy... R.I.P. little mini me

Dr Casemod

Jan 28, 2010
standard practice for flashing a kernel wipe your cache/dalvik. also, 1.8.2 comes with the OC kernel, you didn't need to flash it again manually. are you sure you didn't download the stock kernel, that one is not OCable.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

thx
yes, i'm sure that i did download the right file, its called 1.8_OC_Kernel.zip

however, with clemsyns Kernel, it works fine

jefbal99

Aug 26, 2010
When I installed the 1.8.4 patch, the updater still said 1.8.3, other than that everything is great

itman2000my

Aug 16, 2010
This isn't really related to Prime, but you can use Titanium Backup to remove Google Maps. If you have to

I did as u suggested, however, still cannot install Onwhere Maps.

Previously on stock Asus HC 3.2, i can!

That is why i asked for help if anyone hv successfully uninstall Google Maps and install Onwhere Maps.

Any help on this is appreciated.

TIA

JL

mamaroro

May 16, 2011
Hi all,

Just reporting one issue and trying to get answerr.

After installing prime 1.84, my flash player doesnt work anymore. I did try wipe dalvik + wipe cache after uninstalling flash player then reinstalling but it still doesnt work...

Any help please?

By the way, thanks for the great work. I am under prime from 1st version... perfect!

Kasimodo

Dec 27, 2008
Android City
@Roach2010:
Hello and thank you for your last update of Prime.
I would like to try something but I don't know how to do.

By NVFlashing the Prime v1.5 there is the Mobile Network option but if I try the the same thing with the NVFlash version of Prime v1.8, these options are not here.
I've seen that Prime v1.8 NVFlash version has the CWM 3.2.0.1 included.

How can i do to extract this CWM 3.2.0.1 and include it into the NVFlash version of Prime v1.5 (to replace the CWM 3.1.0.1)? Is there a way?

Regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PRIME! v1.8

This is a tweaked stock rom for the Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101

Special thanks to: CaNsA | Hacre | afm | MoDaCo | dc13 | supercurio | Bumble-Bee | RaYmAn | netarchy | Vividboarder | CurtisBeef​

This rom is a work in progress and all feedback is appreciated. It is build from the stock rom and has a few tweaks added. As always whenever installing any rom, please take care to follow instructions as no one enjoys seeing their prized possesion not working.

Instructions:
    1. Copy ROM to sdcard
    2. Verify the MD5 of the zip on the sdcard, DO NOT FLASH IF THIS DOESN'T MATCH THE MD5 UNDER THE DOWNLOAD LINK!
    3. Boot into clockworkmod recovery
    4. Take a nandroid backup (optional but highly recommended)
    5. Install the ROM
    6. Reboot and wait... The more apps you have installed the longer the first boot will take... Please not that after the lock screen comes up your TF may be sluggish for a minute while the rom initialises.

Rom Details:
    Android 3.2
    GPS - V1.5.0
    WiFi - V5.2.53
    Bluetooth - V6.19
    Kernel - 2.6.36.3
    Build - HTJ85B.prime_epad-1.8-20110821
    MobileDock Firmware- EP101-0213 (Prompts for install after first boot if required)

See the second post of this thread for the changelog and optional kernels.

Download Links: - Main Rom (You need this one)

Torrent Link

PRIME! v1.8.2 - Alternate Link - 2nd Alternate Link

MD5: 5d37496fdd05963f7ad4c32417bd8da7

NVFLASH VERSION - Includes CWM 3.2.0.1

prime1.8.tar.bz2 - Alternate Link - 2nd Alternate Link

MD5: 50ed9536055bcd728eb959a65baba6f6

PATCH to 1.8.4 to fix Gmail, Alarm and Browser Bugs
    Even if you have come from NVFlash you will need to install this update with CWM Recovery to update to 1.8.4 - This supersedes 1.8.3
    1.8.4 Patch - Alt Link - Alt Link 2

MD5: 915e6c8517a07248baede119117d3d45

Previous versions:

See this thread

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD FOR DEVELOPMENT DISCUSSION ONLY.
    WHILE I APPRECIATE THE MANY THANKYOU MESSAGES, IT IS SUFFICIENT TO SIMPLY CLICK THE THANKS BUTTON.
    I WANT THE THREAD TO BE EASY TO SCAN THROUGH FOR PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS BY ALL WITHOUT BECOMING CLUTTERED.
    Changelog:
    v1.8.4
    Fixed Browser missing issue
    Also has 1.8.3 fixes

v1.8.3
    Fixed the Gmail and DesktoClock Alarm Force Closes
    Added Browser debug menu on by default

v1.8.2
    Based on 8.6.5.9-20110816 Honeycomb 3.2
    Google Maps updated to 5.9.0
    Choice of Touchpad Circles or Mouse Arrow
    Lots of bugs fixed (Rotate, Compass, Wifi disconnects)
    New Dock Update - EP101-0213
    Netflix Patch now supported natively by Asus
    Ad-hoc wifi now supported natively by Asus

v1.7
    Based on 8.6.5.6-20110728 Honeycomb 3.2
    Everything fom previous versions
    Compass calibration fault fixed - Thanks Dexter. I owe you one.
    Zipalign on boot
    CWM 3.1.0.1 Recovery included confirmed working with Keyboard Dock
    Google Maps updated to 5.8.0
    Google Music updated to 3.0.2
    New backgrounds added
    Netflix patch added
    AnyConnect libs added

For older changelogs see here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15191789&postcount=2

ROM EXTRAS

PRIME KERNELS

OC up to 1.6Ghz - Default
    OC Kernel based on Netarchy's overclock parameters - Alternate Link

MD5: 92c8999dbe753e8afac25bf3585e063c

Stock Kernel
    Stock Kernel with CIFS + TUN modules - Alternate Link

MD5: dd204d770b7074246629d0ccb5adeb5c

Stock kernel details:
    GPS - V5.5.8
    WiFi - V5.2.58
    Bluetooth - V6.20
    Kernel - 2.6.36.4

The source for the OC Kernel is available from my github
    After getting the setting page sorted as shown above I kicked back, had a few beers and watched Waterworld. A classic tale of how life would evolve if Mad Max and Al Gore got together. That and Jeanne Tripplehorn is hot!

After this I had a few more beers and had a stab at the rest of the Mobile Data stuff. I'm dragging my heels a bit but I might just have a release ready at some point over the weekend.

I for one can't wait to get rid of the stigma that is Prime! v1.8 as it is by far the buggiest rom I have put together for the TF. I have a few changes in the next release to make up for it.

The user experience of Prime! v1.9 to v1.8.wtf will be what Windows 7 was to Windows Vista!

Here's a few screenies of what I did in the past few hours...

mobdata_1.png

mobdata_2.png
    Reserved for me
    PRIME 1.8.2 XOOM Buttons: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?14pb6wtr1bkn02x
    MD5: 1F9088618709A6F2C7BEBC165964BB42

Unsure if previous versions work but here you go.