[Q] Best stylus for Xoom?

Search This thread

fondoo

May 25, 2011
i am thinking about upgrading my stylus to the adonit jot pro. online critics have been raving about them.

SimianJones

Oct 24, 2007
The Woodlands
I got this one last week, and I like it much better than the targus - which I lost. I have big hands so I find the targus stylus to be uncomfortable to hold. This thing is solid aluminum except for the tip, so it is nice and solid and feels comfortable.

Chunky Stylus

<== I'll take a Thanks. Thanks!

mightydr

Jul 19, 2008
The Adonit Jot and Jot Pro (purchased for gunmetal color, similar to Xoom) that I have are actually worth their high price.

Their precision and weight make it almost like writing with a pen.

I recently got a cheap set of pen/pencil clips so I can hook my stylii to the cases I use for my Xoom and Acer A100.

Reactions: okantomi

mdcykkk9

Mar 21, 2009
has any one tried the new active stylus by motorola ? Motorola support tell me that the stylus is compatible with original xoom ...

okantomi

Feb 20, 2011
Boston, MA
I hadn't heard of it...thanks...I'll check it out.

Edit: I can't seem to find it...do you have a link?

Last edited:

brianmoriarty

Apr 12, 2011
Miami, Florida
i have four styluses; a dagi, an o stylus, a boxwave with a rubber tip and an e stylo wooden one. I only use the last two. The boxwave is good for browsing, the estylo sucks for that. However, if you get your hand used to the tip I prefer to draw and write with the e stylo because it feels like a pencil. Pricey though. I have a pink one and a black one. The shipping took forever

wes_s

Jul 27, 2008
has any one tried the new active stylus by motorola ? Motorola support tell me that the stylus is compatible with original xoom ...

Yep they work with the OG xoom.
They aren't that impressive though. I really hope we get to the point with tablets where I can really go paperless.
VZW seems to be the only place that is selling them at the moment. Here is a link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=12908&accessoryId=49861

okantomi

Feb 20, 2011
Boston, MA
Yep they work with the OG xoom.
They aren't that impressive though. I really hope we get to the point with tablets where I can really go paperless.
VZW seems to be the only place that is selling them at the moment. Here is a link: http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=12908&accessoryId=49861
Why do you say it's not impressive? Can you compare it with any other stylii? What writing/drawing programs did you try it with?

I'd like to buy it and I wonder if it has major failings or just nothing special?

wes_s

Jul 27, 2008
I've tried the stylus on both my xoom and my xyboard.
I've used the cheapy stylus found on amazon like this one:
417tb3B43YL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

found here:http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Touch-Screen-Stylus-Silver/dp/B002BBJMO6/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327616315&sr=8-1-fkmr0

I've used the moto stylus with sketchbook pro, PsTouch, the stock floating notes app, and writepad.
I wouldn't say that it's any more accurate at recording handwrting than the cheap ones. The hard tip is nice because it doesn't grab the screen like the cheap rubber tipped ones do.
I was hoping (but not expecting) that the "active digitizer" we've been hearing about would be something comparible to my HP convertable laptop equipped with an n-trig active digitizer. I could actually take that to class or meetings and take legible notes.

Last edited:

eyriiii

Apr 27, 2012
Is it even possible to take notes for lectures etc with the xoom using a stylus? I just got my stylus from DX (2$) and tried every single note taking app on the market and not even one can write accurately

Dyelon

Jul 27, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Is it even possible to take notes for lectures etc with the xoom using a stylus? I just got my stylus from DX (2$) and tried every single note taking app on the market and not even one can write accurately

I also have run into this problem attempting to take notes for pharmacy school.....I personally do not think one can realistically take accurate notes at any kind of respectable speed using the xoom and any of the styluses I've tried.

Btw, I find the adjonit pro to be terrible. I prefer the cosmos cheapie ones over that thing

Sent from my Xoom using xda app-developers app

eyriiii

Apr 27, 2012
I also have run into this problem attempting to take notes for pharmacy school.....I personally do not think one can realistically take accurate notes at any kind of respectable speed using the xoom and any of the styluses I've tried.

Btw, I find the adjonit pro to be terrible. I prefer the cosmos cheapie ones over that thing

Sent from my Xoom using xda app-developers app

Agreed I mean people is praising apps like "quill" and lenovos "note mobile" but both of them are ****...

PS. Also palm rejection is not enabled in any note app I have seen..

Top Liked Posts