[PORT] [ROM][4.2.2] Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) - Optimus G (LG-E975)

Search This thread

nchc

Oct 9, 2010
Huawei P30 Pro
Thankyou so much spleef. I will install your build this weekend and provide bug reports. @ all, development on int lgog is very limited, we need to support people like spleef or they wont support us... Chad and spleef dont even have international versions.

Sent from my LG-E975K using xda premium

spleef

Jul 6, 2009
port arthur, texas
goo.im
Uploading new build right now to my drop box for geehrc_Intl I'll edit this with link for those willing and wanting.... Please do a fresh/clean install there have been a few changes to AOKP since last one I put out for y'all... Mostly with theme chooser and some settings they add then remove then add... Lol, the sprint version I do nightlies/ every other night if we can get stable version going I'll do the same here

Aokp (built from 6/3 sources): http://db.tt/QDTamLMu

Had a report of black screen try flashing a kernel see if it still goes black... For some reason my source builds are missing some files and the kernel is always borked so I always end up having to borrow files that are missing and kernel related file and kernel.... been trying to figure out why buy idk as of yet...

Ok uploading another attempt same game try just ROM then gapps if no worky then try flashing kernel
changed a few things around

Link: http://db.tt/bswWSWkm

Sent from my Optimus G using xda premium

Last edited:

lasset

Jan 15, 2005
Malmo
Hi

I installed the rom using TWRP after a full wipe. When I reboot the system I got a black screen, nothing happened. Using on/off button a got a LG Logo for a second thats all.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Krusher1973

Feb 23, 2007
Hi

I installed the rom using TWRP after a full wipe. When I reboot the system I got a black screen, nothing happened. Using on/off button a got a LG Logo for a second thats all.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Soft? bricked my phone with TWRP after flashing a rom, my phone only would reboot in TWRP or with the LG logo in standard boot. I returned it at the store (was within 7 days after I bought it)

Fresh one: Flashed CWM on it and no issues. Apart from this rom though.

garduna

Feb 17, 2010
Nieuwegein
Hi

Any ideas?

Thanks

When the phone is off, press volume up and power button. In bootloader, press volume down twice and then powerbutton. Your device will boot into recovery.

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda app-developers app

bihslk

Dec 29, 2011
You wish to know :P
When the phone is off, press volume up and power button. In bootloader, press volume down twice and then powerbutton. Your device will boot into recovery.

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda app-developers app

OMG this is so wierd. Everybody saying different things to enter recovery. COME ON.

When phone turned off Press both Vol up + Vol down and Power at same time

When phone get into Fastboot press vol down twice and then Power then phone will boot into Recovery directly.

Power and Vol up at same time is Factory Reset MENU on my E975 so it isnt true

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download
    aokp_e975_nightly_2013-04-22.zip
    http://inclu.net:82/OPTIMUS/Optimus G/LTE LG/ROM/AOKP/

Nightlies changelogs are now integrated with the ROM itself:

At the root of ROM zip file (changelog.txt)
    Goo.im website (Drag mouse over the zip file and click "view file changelog")

Install

If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
    Flash ROM
    Flash Google Apps
    Reboot

Contribute
    All changes are now accepted through Gerrit. To learn more about the submission process, read this guide Roman wrote.
    For details on how to set up your environment, refer to distribution-specific guides below.

Ubuntu 12.04
    OS X 10.8
    Arch Linux

Join our IRC channel: #teamkang @ irc.freenode.net

Source
    Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

Credits
    Programming / porting

Adam Fisch, a.k.a. adamthecashew
    Bajee Baskararasa, a.k.a. Bajee11
    Stephen Bird, a.k.a. birdman
    Brandon McAnsh, a.k.a. BMc08GT
    Curtis Menard, a.k.a. cmenard
    Gary Danko, a.k.a. gdanko
    Will DeBerry, a.k.a. hillbillyhacker86
    Ilya K., a.k.a. K900
    Khas Mek, a.k.a. KhasMek
    Dirk Rettschlag, a.k.a. MarcLandis
    Chris Yeninas, a.k.a. PhantomGamers
    Pierpaolo Pernici, a.k.a. pier
    Jacob Bell, a.k.a. ProTekk
    Rohan Mathur, a.k.a. rohan
    Roman Bird, a.k.a. roman
    Gergely Szell, a.k.a. sethyx
    Jason Stewart, a.k.a. sixstringsg
    Steve Spear, a.k.a. Stevespear426
    Jonathan Steadman, a.k.a. Whitehawkx
    xoomdev, a.k.a. xoomdev
    Mike Wilson, a.k.a. Zaphod-Beeblebrox

Marketing

Josh Ciesla, a.k.a. JustReboot

Artwork

Alexea Whitehurst, a.k.a. Alexea
    Kyle Teague, a.k.a. kwes1020
    Kurt Colbeck, a.k.a. Nitroz
    thaPHLASH, a.k.a. thaPHLASH

Shoutouts

CyanogenMod
    RootzWiki
    so i received a request to make an updated aokp for you guys i have three builds to test out its built from source with after source additions such as a few third party apps, kernel, and some build tweaks

please report back which build is working and what is working.... i dont have a int. lgog... i have a sprint version so i cant flash it myself..thanks

http://d-h.st/users/spleef

if i had to guess test b or c would be the best bet for a working version.. but please let me know how it goes...

k so from reports back:
    test a= fail (boots to black screen)
    test b=fail (twrp errors)
    test c=fail (twrp errors)

new test posted use same link as above dated 527 and in description is called attempt d... gl and please report back thanks
    Uploading new build right now to my drop box for geehrc_Intl I'll edit this with link for those willing and wanting.... Please do a fresh/clean install there have been a few changes to AOKP since last one I put out for y'all... Mostly with theme chooser and some settings they add then remove then add... Lol, the sprint version I do nightlies/ every other night if we can get stable version going I'll do the same here

Aokp (built from 6/3 sources): http://db.tt/QDTamLMu

Had a report of black screen try flashing a kernel see if it still goes black... For some reason my source builds are missing some files and the kernel is always borked so I always end up having to borrow files that are missing and kernel related file and kernel.... been trying to figure out why buy idk as of yet...

Ok uploading another attempt same game try just ROM then gapps if no worky then try flashing kernel
    changed a few things around

Link: http://db.tt/bswWSWkm

Yes please try version d made a few changes but should boot now and run ( I hope ) thanks guys

Will there be any updates?

Yes, I haven't done another build for you guys because of the low amount of responses as to what is working and what not.... I'm almost done building today's update and I'll try again for you... it's just hard cause I'm still not sure if the latest release I had for y'all even worked..i have no way of testing for myself i have the sprint version. the reports were very varying...and very limited on information But if not tonight ( my computer is so ooooooo..
    . freaking slow) tomorrow I'll have another build for the geehrc_intl

edited to say its building as im typing this depending on the errors and how slow it builds......tonight or tomorrow for sure have another release for you guys.thanks folks...
    if anyone that has tried test d could pm me with what worked what didnt if it flashed you know the usual bug reports but on a personal level would make it a giant difference to troubleshooting... even if i had a few folks designated to send the rom to for testing would be great but with the small amount of replies and reports its very hard to know what to fix up.. soooo... in short.. if you guys want me to build aokp for yall i need some testers/committed flashers to get with me so we can whip out a stable build... please pm me if interested.... if i get enough responses and can get a stable build pt out ill make a new thread so as to not hijack this one... i dont have this thread subscribed to so unless you pm me or quote me i have no idea of any action going on here