[ROM][AOSP] [Nightly/Release] CarbonRom JB [evita]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

radjan

Feb 6, 2012
Salvador
Got some random reboots while using Navigation today. After that, got at least 3 reboots before starting the system. After that I entered Recovery and restarted without further action and the ROM booted ok. Can someone else try Navigation to see if it's just me?

Bhogan123

Feb 28, 2009
Charlotte, NC
tinyurl.com
No reboots here with nav. Has been smooth with the only issues being the ones that are known. Torch, HD video, low speaker volume, front cam. Neither being a deal breaker for me tho.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

pside15

Aug 5, 2010
Flowery Branch, Ga
I'm on the 6/15 nightly still. Is there any improvements to battery life on the newest nightly? That's really the only complaint I have. If I do anything on the phone at all the battery just plummets. I'm near a charger all day so it's not a deal breaker by any means. The speed and overall smoothness outweighs the bad battery life by a lognshot.

dshoe

Dec 8, 2011
No reboots here with nav. Has been smooth with the only issues being the ones that are known. Torch, HD video, low speaker volume, front cam. Neither being a deal breaker for me tho.

Thanks for this list, as CM fixes these bugs we will continue to merge them in.

I'm seeing the same thing. For me, it doesn't automatically switch from wifi back to data. Happens with both CM and Carbon.

Thank you for confirming that this is not solely a Carbon issue, looks like another bug we are waiting for the great guys at CM to fix. We will look at logs and do what we can to work on the issue, but rest assured that if CM fixes it we will bring it in.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reactions: CarbonROM

Digital_Cameltoe

Sep 4, 2012
Glendale, AZ
If I'm not mistaken, I believe they are the same kernel.
I'm pretty sure your right bud, Carbons 06/19 is a bit ahead than the unofficial 06/15 though. I get stereo sound out of Apollo without any additional tweaks on Carbon and it seems like my battery is draining normally now. Could be placebo though :) Anyway, I think that if CM is ever a bit ahead of Carbon you can probably flash the 3.4 kernel from CM over to Carbon. Having tried it though so not sure.

jrior001

Aug 12, 2010
Va Beach
Same kernels minus the changes since the last cm build h8 released. Development is moving quickly now on bug fixes..
Every few hours there's a new commit popping up either on kernel or device trees so its a little hard to keep up with. Not complaining though this is what we've been waiting for :D

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Bhogan123

Feb 28, 2009
Charlotte, NC
tinyurl.com
Data not returning after WiFi is turned off or disconnected is an issue as well. Didn't notice it until I left work but the problem is present. Have to turn on/off airplane mode to get it to reset itself

jeffwyeh

Jan 21, 2011
Data not returning after WiFi is turned off or disconnected is an issue as well. Didn't notice it until I left work but the problem is present. Have to turn on/off airplane mode to get it to reset itself

Hmm, on the 6/19 nightly, I'm not having any problems with the data not returning after WiFi is gone.

Something interesting I've discovered: I mentioned in the old thread that I was having a ton of issues with rebooting and QHSUSB_DLOAD and a non-responsive phone. After playing around with it for the last two days, I believe the issue lies with UCCW and it's clickable hotspots. I'm not sure why, but it seems like that was nearly instantly killing my phone on the 3.4 kernels. I'm not terribly keen on trying again, but if anyone can confirm or deny this, that would be appreciated.

As an aside, I do realize how ridiculous it sounds for that specific feature to be killing my phone, so if anyone could shed some light on possibilities as to why, that'd also be appreciated.

Bhogan123

Feb 28, 2009
Charlotte, NC
tinyurl.com
Hmm, on the 6/19 nightly, I'm not having any problems with the data not returning after WiFi is gone.

Something interesting I've discovered: I mentioned in the old thread that I was having a ton of issues with rebooting and QHSUSB_DLOAD and a non-responsive phone. After playing around with it for the last two days, I believe the issue lies with UCCW and it's clickable hotspots. I'm not sure why, but it seems like that was nearly instantly killing my phone on the 3.4 kernels. I'm not terribly keen on trying again, but if anyone can confirm or deny this, that would be appreciated.

As an aside, I do realize how ridiculous it sounds for that specific feature to be killing my phone, so if anyone could shed some light on possibilities as to why, that'd also be appreciated.

As of right now its not a huge deal a far as the data goes. Takes half a second to toggle airplane mode and toggle it back off and its good to go. I'm not sure what uccw is so I can't shed any light on that.

jeffwyeh

Jan 21, 2011
As of right now its not a huge deal a far as the data goes. Takes half a second to toggle airplane mode and toggle it back off and its good to go. I'm not sure what uccw is so I can't shed any light on that.

Ultimate Custom Clock Widget, a widget app. I don't have it installed anymore, and seem to be running into no further problems.

Something else I'm not able to get working is setting custom icons for custom lockscreen targets.

RollTribe

May 23, 2012
Virginia, USA
Although it does say in the changelog for the 6/19 and 20 versions that the torch fix has been merged, it's not working for me. Audio is working though! HD video doesn't work, but I don't believe it's supposed to.

ttcrew

May 18, 2011
Denver Area
Does everyone use a custom launcher on carbon? No disrespect - but carbon's default launcher seems to have almost no options for customizing anything...grid size, dock number of icons...if you change the DPI to 240, you only get part of the home screen for your use...

Love the ROM, but I don't want to have to go to a 3rd party launcher to use carbon... :(

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

RollTribe

May 23, 2012
Virginia, USA
Does everyone use a custom launcher on carbon? No disrespect - but carbon's default launcher seems to have almost no options for customizing anything...grid size, dock number of icons...if you change the DPI to 240, you only get part of the home screen for your use...

Love the ROM, but I don't want to have to go to a 3rd party launcher to use carbon... :(

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Yeah, I use Nova with every ROM that I use.

Reactions: ttcrew

RollTribe

May 23, 2012
Virginia, USA
Didn't even know there was a 6/20 build out. Any huge improvements or just some minor stuff?

As I said, no torch still (even though there should be...) audio is all fixed up and that's about it. You have to go deeper into settings to enable Halo. Kinda strange way to do it, but not inconvenient once you do it the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About Carbon

CarbonRom is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project. We are dedicated to fast, stable, and feature-filled roms, honesty and communication with our users, and openness with our code. We like frequent builds, with the very latest and greatest hardware support and fixes. We strive to not only provide you with the best rom we can build, but also to give back to the Android community and our fellow developers. For us, this is about creating something we can be proud of and hope you will enjoy.

Please feel free to look at, build, and use our code on CarbonDev GitHub.

We would like to thank CyanogenMod for their device trees, framework/settings mods and their code that was incorporated into this project. We also extend our gratitude to the devs whose code that we have incorporated. Proper authorship has been maintained and can be viewed on our repository.

Special thanks also go to Slim Rom for some of their features, PA, AOKP, and anyone else we may have borrowed commits from that hasn't been mentioned here. If you feel you have been unfairly left out, please - let us know.

While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash! If you have questions, ask your fellow users or ask us in #teamcarbon on freenode IRC.

Screenshots

screen1s.jpg
    screen2s.jpg
    screen3s.jpg

screen4s.jpg
    screen5s.jpg
    screen6s.jpg

screen7s.jpg
    screen8s.jpg
    screen9s.jpg

Carbon Updates

Join us on these Social Media Channels to keep yourself up-to-date on all the latest Carbon news, updates, contests, and more! Join our completely open Google+ community for insider conversation with devs and other users.

Download Carbon

All Carbon downloads and further information such as features, changelog, and FAQ can be found on our goo.im page.

http://goo.im/devs/carbon

Changelog

For a detailed changelog, check out the changes made each night here:

Change Log

Support

We spend an astonishing amount of time developing this software. We can't spend much time on XDA as a result, so if you need support, please try the following:

1) Search. Search, search, search. Yes, you. I don't care how unique or important your question is, it's very likely someone has adressed it already. Especially if you're even close to new at this.

2) Read our FAQ, which can be found on our goo.im page linked above. It's new, but expanding fast. Just like us!

3) Ask a question in your device forum. Someone will no doubt try to help you. Warning: this help may come in the form of telling you it's a dumb question that has been asked before. See step 1 - such are the perils of asking questions when you haven't done the research yourself. Android is about helping yourself.

4) Ask a question on our IRC channel. Connect to #teamcarbon on irc.freenode.net or click here. You'll find several other Carbon fans and usually one or more devs as well. Please be polite.

Who is Team Carbon?

Andros11

BigShotRob

Bionic Beast

dg4prez

Kejar31

mattmanwrx

morfic

nocoast

pixeldotz

slick_rick

winner00

Remember, every penny you send to us goes right back into the rom. It's used for hardware, server costs, etc - all the things that help us make Carbon better with every release. Your support means the world to us! If you've enjoyed Carbon, please consider a donation toward this goal. Thank you, and we hope you continue to enjoy Carbon!

@CarbonDev

Just wondering if development for our device is still continuing? I'm in no way asking for an ETA, just looking for some clarification.

Sent from my Evita
    Yes it is, just trying to get it working again
    Thanks to bpear96 for maintaining a thread for Carbon on the evita while we were busy making the actual Rom for it. Now that we got some time freed up we made an official thread for Carbon on the evita and have it up and running. bpear96 will remain the unofficial maintainer of the official thread and will be happy to answer all of your questions I am sure . Thanks bpear96!
    Found it. Carbon needs to pull the last three commits on the cm evita device tree to mount the firmware partitions correctly for the radio...until then your stuck! @dshoe or @CarbonDev ..can you make this happen?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Just informed our evita maintainer. Thanks :)
    Torch fixed! :victory: :D

Envoyé depuis mon One X avec Tapatalk