[ROM] [4.4.2] [Beta 2] VANIR (1/28) Unofficial

Search This thread

rsbear

Jul 19, 2013
tx
Man, you're not gonna stop till you have this development section locked up huh?! Awesome work. I build for my personal use. My wife would divorce me if I did as much as you.

You gonna give Ubuntu Touch port a crack?

Sent from my One X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

haha i like to experiment with the work that the community has put in. that being said though, i think im going to slow down on the random rom compiling front and start getting good at github and gerrit. I want to start learning the depths of the whole thing so i'd l ike to join a team here soon.

as for an ubuntu touch port, i think thats over my head.

Reactions: Z1cK

Black!Jack

Nov 9, 2013
haha i like to experiment with the work that the community has put in. that being said though, i think im going to slow down on the random rom compiling front and start getting good at github and gerrit. I want to start learning the depths of the whole thing so i'd l ike to join a team here soon.

Brotherross + pheonixita + jrior001 = Team Epic!!! Presenting Epic ROM experiences. Awesome.

Did you check out the link I left in the AOKP thread for learning Git? If not, here is the link again

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mlwujx8pt1kucv0/progit.epub

Guess I'll have to start the Ubuntu Touch port... Hopefully my wife won't leave me!!!

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
Brotherross + pheonixita + jrior001 = Team Epic!!! Presenting Epic ROM experiences. Awesome.

Did you check out the link I left in the AOKP thread for learning Git? If not, here is the link again

Guess I'll have to start the Ubuntu Touch port... Hopefully my wife won't leave me!!!

I'm looking forward to it!! Can't wait for Ubuntu on the evita

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk

Madcat8686

Nov 9, 2013
Konoha
HTC One (M8)
Google Pixel 2

Oh man. If I'd only started messing around with Linux sooner. Would jump at the chance to get on a project like this but I'm still in the crawl stage right now.

Z1cK

May 29, 2013
the web ;)

If you are new as your xda stats says, good start mate !! Hope you'll join a team soon. Thank you for the roms.

rsbear

Jul 19, 2013
tx
Haha well i started lurking a little less than a year ago when i got the device (my first android phone). I'd be lying if i didnt say it was partly for myself, but youre more than welcome man, thanks for tryin my builds out :)

anyways, for people that might be having trouble with androidfilehost, i uploaded and will start using dev-host from now on. the op has been updated with a new link, but here it is in case you dont want to go to the first page.
Vanir Evita (12/26)

Last edited:

Z1cK

May 29, 2013
the web ;)
This ROM is, for me the most stable KitKat ROM. No issue since the release!!

Skeeterdrums

Oct 30, 2012
Columbus
Having some pretty random boot loop behavior after just coming from a sense-based ROM and going to Vanir 4.3. Booted in fine one time, then started boot looping when I went to restart the phone. I've been running HBOOT 2.15 with the latest firmware (no issues with the touch screen when it did boot) and installed Vanir with TWRP 2.6.3.0. Anyone else have any issues like these? logcat1 was grabbed while the phone hung during the HTC boot splash, logcat2 was grabbed right as the phone crashed after briefly loading into the OS.

Attachments

• logcat.txt
    43.8 KB · Views: 0
  • logcat2.txt
    103.1 KB · Views: 1

rsbear

Jul 19, 2013
tx
yea the 4.3 build has the old cm kernel that was having those issues with bootloops on reboot. i don't think ill putting out another 4.3 build with the stable kernel sorry man. 4.4 vanir still has all the features from 4.3 and has been pretty stable for me. only randomly rebooted on me twice since i flashed it on the 26th. the 4.4 build has the newest cm kernel with that bootloop bugged squashed.

if you decide you want to flash 4.4 vanir, just make sure you update your recovery and youll be good to go.

Skeeterdrums

Oct 30, 2012
Columbus
yea the 4.3 build has the old cm kernel that was having those issues with bootloops on reboot. i don't think ill putting out another 4.3 build with the stable kernel sorry man. 4.4 vanir still has all the features from 4.3 and has been pretty stable for me. only randomly rebooted on me twice since i flashed it on the 26th. the 4.4 build has the newest cm kernel with that bootloop bugged squashed.

if you decide you want to flash 4.4 vanir, just make sure you update your recovery and youll be good to go.

No big deal. As mentioned by a few others, I installed the torched kernel, and everything's working great. Thanks for getting this rom working for the one xl. I've been looking for it over here ever since I put it on my Nexus 7.

Sent from my One Xl using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rsbear

Jul 19, 2013
tx
Whoops. Missed that when copying and pasting from another thread. This is the cm kernel mate. Lol I don't know diddly squat about kernels

downset00

Sep 11, 2010
Waynesboro
Having trouble getting the screen to auto rotate. Won't even work in messages. Auto rotate is checked in settings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TeamVanir presents
    VANIR

Based off of AOSP KitKat 4.4.2, with original modifications, as well as kangs from Linaro, CodeAurora, CyanogenMod, AOKP, EOS, Slim, and our belly buttons.

Our webkit, chromium, and skia are aosp/master merged with codeaurora, with linaro fixes on top.

BY LINARO, I MEAN GLOBAL "-O3 -fstrict-aliasing".... we didn't just switch toolchains. Here at Team Vanir, WE GO HARD.

Features:
    Super fast, lean, and optimized
    Rooted & Busybox
    Init.d/build.prop/cron/sysctl Tweaks
    Beats 5.1 - Not your mother's beats!
    CM T9 Dialer
    Lighter, meaner, Launcher
    Battery % icon option (Settings -> Statusbar)
    Extended Reboot Menu (with Safe Mode)
    Tethering enabled
    Optimized images + zip aligned + cleaned up scripts
    AOKP QuickSettings
    AOKP NavBar (including IME keys)
    CM Lockscreen mods
    Safe Headset Volume
    Volume Rocker Wake/Volume Rocker Music Controls
    Statusbar clock customization (bastardized version of CM's)
    Statusbar signal text
    Quickmessaging
    Emoticons
    Themechooser

Most of our settings are tucked inside Display or Sound settings! Also, note the performance and advanced sections.

Vanir config files - type vanir in terminal emulator for a usage guide

issues:
    CM issues mostly
    you tell me!

Sources:
    +VanirAOSP Source
    +Kernel Source CM for now
    Changelog:
    **Vanir Open Status
    Vanir modifications thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2454287

Credits
    Thanks to Peter Alfonso, CM, the Fruits & Veggies Project, Rascarlo, Pawitp, AOKP, GaryD9, Androcom, Chevycam94, Team EOS, Anarkia1976 for his kernel, and JakeDay for stocking our CRANE GAME with plush toys.

IRC
    You can always join us in IRC at #vanir on freenode - for support or just to chill.

Donations
    If you would like to thank us for our hard work, you can do so here, or you can find Donation links for all of us in the About Team Vanir section of Settings in the ROM:
    NuclearMistake
    sonicxml
    DHO
    PrimeDirective
    Styr

Download the goods.
    Vanir Evita (1/28)
    Vanir Evita (1/23)
    Vanir Evita (1/18)
    Vanir Evita (1/15)
    Vanir Evita (12/29)
    Vanir Evita (12/26)
    BaNkS GApps

instructions:
    S-OFF
    factory reset data
    flash rom
    flash gapps
    reboot.

get your socks blown off.
    Remember, this is in beta, not everything is going to work as intended yet but the team is working incredibly hard to get all the kinks worked out.
    vanir_evita_4.4.2.012314.zip - 180.96 MB

ive only been on it for like half an hour, but this is the first time out of like the past 5 times ive built and flashed this rom where androidOS isnt using 40% of my battery or draining it. so it seems the rom may be back to awesomeness? not that it ever lost it, but battery drain sucks.

i also dont know why the rom built about 20MB bigger this time around either but oh well, all is working.

still bugs here and there of course, but otherwise, enjoy. :)
    i like options. :)

updated the op but ill put the link here too
    Vanir Evita (12/26)
    bump for kitkats
    i mka'd bacon for a midnight snack and data came out of the oven!
    lol it took me a while but i finally got data working.

this is 4.3.1. i know its a little late with 4.4 starting to come out for our device, but i'm just getting some practice and knowledge in.

heres a download for you ladies and gents
    http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23212708291681464

also after you flash rom and gapps, select power off in twrp instead of just a reboot. otherwise itll bootloop. other than that though it seems to be running fast and solid so far! give it a shot, see what ya think.