Cannot receive phone calls while using data

Search This thread

Vatofeo

Jan 23, 2012
Hi all,
I'm sorry if my question is kinda dumb, I already looked in the forum but I can't find an answer or someone experiencing the same issue.
I recently got a GS3 SCH-i535 which I'm currently using with Movistar from Mexico.
I configured the APN and I can't get 3G or 4G to work, but it works fine over EDGE. The problem is that when the phone is receiving data over EDGE I can't receive phone calls and I think messaging is not working either. The problem ends when I turned off mobile data, everything goes back to normal.
I already unlocked the bootloader, rooted the phone and flashed it with BoneStock 4.3 to see if changing the ROM fixed the problem... the ROM works like a charm, but it didn't solve the issue.

Any ideas or is this something I'll have to live with the rest of my life?

Thanks in advance

ThePagel

Jul 6, 2012
Minneapolis
Hi all,
I'm sorry if my question is kinda dumb, I already looked in the forum but I can't find an answer or someone experiencing the same issue.
I recently got a GS3 SCH-i535 which I'm currently using with Movistar from Mexico.
I configured the APN and I can't get 3G or 4G to work, but it works fine over EDGE. The problem is that when the phone is receiving data over EDGE I can't receive phone calls and I think messaging is not working either. The problem ends when I turned off mobile data, everything goes back to normal.
I already unlocked the bootloader, rooted the phone and flashed it with BoneStock 4.3 to see if changing the ROM fixed the problem... the ROM works like a charm, but it didn't solve the issue.

Any ideas or is this something I'll have to live with the rest of my life?

Thanks in advance

Could it be the sim?