[Q] Need Modem firmware for unlocking SGH-T999 on 4.1.2

Search This thread

flfatboy

Apr 1, 2013
Hello,

I am a noob and trying to unlock SGH-T999 currently on 4.1.2 . Reading all forums, I learned that I have to downgrade to 4.1.1 . Also I read that I need to downgrade the modem , unlock , then upgrade the modem. I also managed to root the phone.

My problem is locating the files, everywhere I find is full spam and etc including Sammobile

I appreciate if someone can provide me a link that I can find the two modems I need.

Thank you in advance.

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
The only thing you need is to downgrade the modem.. You can either do a full downgrade to 4.1.1 or just downgrade the modem to LJA.. I don't know where you have been searching to locate these files but everything you need is in the development or general threads

Edit: they're all in the development thread and stickied

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: shalabhbatra100

flfatboy

Apr 1, 2013
The only thing you need is to downgrade the modem.. You can either do a full downgrade to 4.1.1 or just downgrade the modem to LJA.. I don't know where you have been searching to locate these files but everything you need is in the development or general threads

Thank you very much, I located them on development thread. Before I was on other sites that would end up being spam or all kinds surveys before they give the download link.

Just to clarify, I use the odin to flash the 4.1.1 ( Nov 2012) LJA modem, and after unlocking , I have to revert back to MD5. Is this right?

Also I see LJC modem for 4.1.1 ( Jan 2013 ) . Which one is better to use ?

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
No, you use custom recovery to flash the modems.. And I would flash LJA.. LJC was kind of iffy for some.. If you don't want to use custom recovery then flash LJA firmware via Odin, and after you do the unlock, flash MD5 with Odin

Reactions: shalabhbatra100

flfatboy

Apr 1, 2013
No, you use custom recovery to flash the modems.. And I would flash LJA.. LJC was kind of iffy for some.. If you don't want to use custom recovery then flash LJA firmware via Odin, and after you do the unlock, flash MD5 with Odin

My friend,

Flashing with odin failed: I selected Phone and pointed to the LJA.bin and AUTO Reboot was checked. Luckily the phone is still ok. Now, if I use custom recovery, which file should I point to as I do not see a DOT TAR file in the Modem zip files .

Thank you for your help.

Attachments

• 20140131_230620.jpg
    20140131_230620.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 93

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
No, you flash the zips with custom recovery, you do not extract them and flash the bin with Odin.. So you can use a custom recovery and flash the zip or download the LJA firmware and flash Odin.. The firmware is the one that will be a TAR file.. Luckily your phone didn't brick

flfatboy

Apr 1, 2013
No, you flash the zips with custom recovery, you do not extract them and flash the bin with Odin.. So you can use a custom recovery and flash the zip or download the LJA firmware and flash Odin.. The firmware is the one that will be a TAR file.. Luckily your phone didn't brick

It worked great from custom recovery, unlocked the phone , inserted ATT sim card, and it saw the AT network with the correct APN and etc. And now I am back on MD5. The actual unlocking thing took 10 min, and I spent about 6 hours researching it. Good learning experience though!

Thank you very much for your help..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.