[Q] Running Malladus 1.2.5 w/4.2.2

Search This thread

RobbyRocks

Mar 3, 2014
Hey guys

I'm running Malladus 1.2.5 w/ android 4.2.2. on my VWZ lgg2 with twrp recovery.

Im getting a few wakelock problems, along with some random hang ups, so I want to upgrade to Malladus 1.2.7. I started backing all my data up via titanium root. Now my question: Should I just wipe everything via TWRP and install Malladus 1.2.7 or should I find a way to unroot completely and upgrade to android 4.4.2, then reroot and install .7 Malladus.

I'm just really confused as where I should be with this phone in terms of 4.2.2 vs 4.4.2, and how hard it would to upgrade to 4.4.2 in my current situation while still keeping my backed up data.

Thanks!

alone-together

Jan 7, 2014
Verizon has not released an OTA yet. Malladus is still on 4.2.2. If you want to upgrade to the latest version, just wipe everything but your internal storage and install the newest version.

If you want to try 4.4.2, the custom ROMs are getting very stable now. I'd suggest LiquidSmooth or the latest Mahdi. I'm using Mahdi (with furnace kernel) and it has knockon, no call echo, and I haven't had any SODs so far - I've been using the newest version 3 days now.

Reactions: RobbyRocks

RobbyRocks

Mar 3, 2014
Verizon has not released an OTA yet. Malladus is still on 4.2.2. If you want to upgrade to the latest version, just wipe everything but your internal storage and install the newest version.

If you want to try 4.4.2, the custom ROMs are getting very stable now. I'd suggest LiquidSmooth or the latest Mahdi. I'm using Mahdi (with furnace kernel) and it has knockon, no call echo, and I haven't had any SODs so far - I've been using the newest version 3 days now.

Wow, huge mistake on my part thinking that 4.4.2 was out on VZW! I'll have to give Mahdi a go, reading up on it now. But as a follow up question, when VZW does release an OTA, could I do it with my custom rom and root?

alone-together

Jan 7, 2014
Wow, huge mistake on my part thinking that 4.4.2 was out on VZW! I'll have to give Mahdi a go, reading up on it now. But as a follow up question, when VZW does release an OTA, could I do it with my custom rom and root?

No, you'd probably need to use the LG flash tool to go back to stock and then update. Personally I don't think that's worth it. There are ways to take the OTA and keep root, but you won't be able to use a custom recovery until it's loki patched again. I suggest waiting until devs incorporate 4.4.2 features into the ROMs so you don't risk losing root and so you don't have to wait for an exploit.

Reactions: RobbyRocks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No, you'd probably need to use the LG flash tool to go back to stock and then update. Personally I don't think that's worth it. There are ways to take the OTA and keep root, but you won't be able to use a custom recovery until it's loki patched again. I suggest waiting until devs incorporate 4.4.2 features into the ROMs so you don't risk losing root and so you don't have to wait for an exploit.