[Q] S-off mistake

Search This thread

tomlennart

Jun 20, 2014
Hey!

I tried to flash the Maximus rom onto my one s today and I needed quite a few tries.
Unfortunately I forgot to check if my phone is s off and it isn't. Now I flashed the rom and after I start the phone I only see the htc starting screen for a few seconds and then it turns black and flashes a little bit every 4-5 seconds.
Do you guys know how I can turn the device to s off and then flash it?
Thank you so so much!
Tom

tomlennart

Jun 20, 2014
Thanks for the answer but the problem is that I can't start the phone to activate the developers mode or do anything else! It would have to be through fastboot or recovery! Also my computer doesn't recognize the phone, even though I was able to push something on the phone through adb sideload!

808phone

Jan 28, 2014

What recovery do you have on there? You can flash a custom recovery on there like TWRP.
If you get TWRP on there, you can mount the sdcard and copy another ROM on there. Then do a full wipe and install the zip and then flash the boot.img to get something like CM11 on.

Alternately, you can relock your bootloader with fastboot usb, then install an RUU to bring it back to stock, then try something like moonshine.io to get S-OFF, then try maximusHD again.

Last edited:

tomlennart

Jun 20, 2014
What recovery do you have on there? You can flash a custom recovery on there like TWRP.
If you get TWRP on there, you can mount the sdcard and copy another ROM on there. Then do a full wipe and install the zip and then flash the boot.img to get something like CM11 on.

Alternately, you can relock your bootloader with fastboot usb, then install an RUU to bring it back to stock, then try something like moonshine.io to get S-OFF, then try maximusHD again.

I do have TWRP on there!
So, how does it work? I choose Mount, then which options do I pick? And does my computer automatically recognize the phone in the list of the connected devices or do I have to download a special program?
Which rom should I take and how exactly does it work? Is there a tutorial out there so you don't have to do all the work?
Thank you so much!!!

808phone

Jan 28, 2014
So reboot into bootloader. First see what HBOOT you are on. It will determine what ROM you should try.
If you have 2.15 you go with ROMS that support 2.15. If 2.16 then go with something that supports 2.16.
As far as mounting, go into TRWP. Choose MOUNT and choose Internal Storage. This will allow you to mount the internal storage on your computer.

Last edited:

tomlennart

Jun 20, 2014
I guess mine is 2.13 right? I don't have enough posts to post pictures so please delete the space between https:// and the rest of the link!

https:// fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/v/t34.0-12/10489061_699433320094234_38826939_n.jpg?oh=8ce1fb23d7e28d252398dd8f2d96a028&oe=53AD076A&__gda__=1403852663_8e60ad520e5b3c61a58cbf3dc20ba7c8
When I go to mount, I can't click on internal storage! I choose all I could, but the last two are "unclickable"

https:// fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t34.0-12/10382441_699434953427404_7278275326706422508_n.jpg?oh=7ced00497a3f1fc8ef6afd846c75d002&oe=53AD15FF&__gda__=1403850025_68d5f9975589a6e19adacdff5a3607df

Thanks for taking up with my stupidity!

Last edited:

808phone

Jan 28, 2014
Someone chime in, but maybe you will want to upgrade your HBOOT to 2.15???
What is the carrier? Where are you located?

This _may_ be your RUU - don't run it until we know your carrier/location:
http://mobilefileserver.com/download.aspx?get=167185

PJ40IMG_Ville_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_3.16.401.9_Radio_1.15.50.05.29_10.30.50.08L_release_314432_signed

Running an RUU will get you back to stock. After that, you may want to upgrade your ROM so it's compatible with moonshine.io or other S-OFF application. Once you become S-OFF you are much more free to do many things to your phone.

BTW: in your picture data might be the the choice to try. Try and mount data and see if you see your files on there.

tomlennart

Jun 20, 2014
I'm using AT&T right now, but the phone doesn't have a simlock. My location is a little bit complicated, I'm in Wisconsin right now, but the phone is from Germany, and I'll go back to Germany in about two months.

My computer doesn't recognize the phone at all, but makes the noise like you unplug something...

How would I upgrade the HBOOT?

tomlennart

Jun 20, 2014
Okay, finally I'm back in Germany and have time to try it!
I did what you just told me and it returned this:

C:\Users\Tommi>fastboot devices
HT23RW400512 fastboot

Thats good, right?
So what would the next steps be?
Thank you so much for your help!

tomlennart

Jun 20, 2014
No, I can't mount the internal storage!
Somewhere I saw how to fix it before but I don't remember how and where I saw it!

tomlennart

Jun 20, 2014
But where do I get the stock recovery? I googled a little bit and saw that there are like a thousand different ones!
Sorry for all the stupid questions :( And thank you all for the help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay, I relocked the bootloader, but now it says ***RELOCKED*** and under it it says ****Security Warning*** I assume that's normal?
    And don't I have to start up my phone to do the RUU?
    Which RUU do I need? It's a German phone without any branding or simlock! Thank you so much for your help!!

Yes, that is normal.

Yes, you can start your phone in boot loader mode and run the RUU, so you don't have to have a functioning ROM working.

Here is a Guide
    http://androidforums.com/one-s-all-things-root/691874-guide-how-run-ruu-your-htc-one-s.html

about halfway down that page there are links to RUU's. Where it says "You can find some RUU's for the HTC One S here and here."

I'm guessing there is about a 30% chance you find a RUU for your phone since it is from Germany. Sorry. So I wouldn't waste too much time looking.

So once you have given up looking for an RUU just install a custom recovery, install a ROM and flash the boot.img.

[Tutorial]Root, Unlock, Recovery and flashing a Custom ROM

[Tutorial] How to flash a new boot.img via Fastboot

[S-OFF] Moonshine S-OFF
    or
    Rumrunner Easy way to s-off!!!

An all in one tool you might use
    [TOOL] WinDroid Universal HTC Toolkit | Unlock | Root | Flash | One S

Yes, it's a lot of links, but honestly I don't have the patience to walk you through step by step. You will need to just dig in and do some reading and learn this stuff.

Good luck. :)
    Thank you so much for all the help!! It's finally working again!!

Just one problem now now. the phone says I only have 2GB left and the other 14GB are listet as "other" when I check settings->storage, but there is nothing on the phone. How can I fix this?
    Thank you so much for all the help!! It's finally working again!!

Just one problem now now. the phone says I only have 2GB left and the other 14GB are listet as "other" when I check settings->storage, but there is nothing on the phone. How can I fix this?

If you are on maximus and are still S-On, I think this is what the storage looks like. That firmware that is required for that ROM changes the partitions so that all of it is usable.

You would need to flash a different rom made for 2.15 hboot.

If you were able to S-Off, then make sure the ROM.zip is in the SD card. Follow Maximus install instructions.

Install firmware
    Install special TWRP
    Reinstall Maximus.