Looking for good exchange email/calendar app

Search This thread

theraker007

Jul 22, 2012
I used to use Emoze (http://www.emoze.com) on my S4 for my work email because I loved how it didn't make me password the phone with the ridiculous exchange requirements set by my employer, and it also automatically put my appointments and conferences on my main google calender without me having to do a thing.

Apparently this app is dead and the developer is long gone though so I am looking for a replacement.

So far everything I've found either costs too much, doesn't have the calender function like I want (Touchdown puts things in its own in app calender for example), or just doesn't push email notifications well.

Anyone have a good suggestion that suits my needs? My email is really not confidential at all and I don't want to put a stupid password with a capital letter AND a symbol on my phone every time I open it lol.

edit: On my GS4, someone modified the samsung email app to not require a password. I wonder if anyone has done the same for the LG default email app. That would work too.

GroovyGeek

Oct 11, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
The stock app is not bad, though it does not thread and is not as pretty as the Kitkat stock. Of course, the Kitkat stock does not work with Exchange, courtesy of Google dragging their feet for at least six months. There are some rumors that the problems have been fixed in the recent releases of ASOP and Cyanogen, but I have not confirmed that.

As for a password, you have an easy solution - install the XPosed Framework and then add the module "Complete keyguard disabler". Presto, keyguard lock gone. You need to be rooted for this. You can even install a module to hide the fact that you are rooted from your company's administrators, should they be so anal as to check for that.