[MOD] MIUI Camera (No FFC option yet)

Search This thread

Terri M

Sep 9, 2010
Kansas
This camera app is great!! So much better than stock! Is there a way that you could zoom in on the picture? I use that option more than I use the FFC.

*edit: Played around a little more and found the zoom. LOL Thanks mistawolfe and nitroglycerine33!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Remember to hit the "Thanks" button when someone helps you!

Last edited:

mistawolfe

Nov 21, 2010
Can other instances still use the FFC even though the camera doesn't support it?

Absolutely. So if you have another camera app installed that has it, go for it. It'll work perfect. The only issue with this port is that it doesn't have the button. Still working on it. The developer that did all the work on it is very close to Bionic land. Drop his some dimes and he'll give us more goodies :D

Reactions: inkdaddy66

Influxvisions

Sep 17, 2011
I don't see any thanks button anywhere! , if you tell me where I will.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA App

mikeymop

Aug 15, 2010
You should make this into a full blown project, where you port all the miui system apps to the bionic and base it off the blur framework like Kejar and liberty are doing with aosp

Crey23

Oct 7, 2010
Ft. Lauderdale Florida
I am in the market for a new verizon LTE phone....the Bionic seems to be the ït"phone for now. I have read quite a few disappointing reviews of the camera of Bionic... something like it takes tooooo long to focus. Does the Miui app improve on that? ie the issue is software not hardware?

I am currently running a T-Mo G2 running Miui from tuna. I love it. The camera app is much better than stock HTC, and even the CM camera. I has some of the functionality of the sence 3.0 cameras, but IMHO it outperforms all of them.

Thanks for the feed back!

cwd500

Dec 13, 2010
Google Pixel 7
I tried installing the miui camera. I put .bak on blur camera, and moved the miui camera to system app. I set the permission and rebooted, not i dont have a camera. I went back and took off .bak and rebooted and i still dont have a camera. What did i do wrong?

Edit: i got the miui camera

Last edited:

mistawolfe

Nov 21, 2010
I just talked to Nitroglycerin33 about the camera. He said he has time this week to work on it.

We are trying to get him a Bionic. This guy brings magic to phones, most notably making the X2 a tolerable (and actually enjoyable) phone. He is responsible for all of the 1% battery increments you see on the D3, Bionic, and X2. He has P3droid's support for the Rootzwiki developer phone.

If this man gets a Bionic, he will port anything requested. By far the most laid-back, easy to talk to developer I have ever dealt with. Totally cool dude. Let's bring him over to Bionic land so we can get some sick ports, ROMs, and mods.

Go here to show your support: http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php?7171-Want-to-develop-on-a-Droid-Bionic-for-FREE

darionlear

Nov 23, 2006
El Paso, TX
This camera "glitch" fixes the focus time... yes, flagship phone for vz right now is the bionic

I am in the market for a new verizon LTE phone....the Bionic seems to be the ït"phone for now. I have read quite a few disappointing reviews of the camera of Bionic... something like it takes tooooo long to focus. Does the Miui app improve on that? ie the issue is software not hardware?

I am currently running a T-Mo G2 running Miui from tuna. I love it. The camera app is much better than stock HTC, and even the CM camera. I has some of the functionality of the sence 3.0 cameras, but IMHO it outperforms all of them.

Thanks for the feed back!

rooted, debloated, UNL3ASH3D and now unthrottled! >=)

Erwinputra

Oct 1, 2011
All credit goes to Nitroglycerine33, so if you like this, throw him a couple bones. He modified some files to make it work with the X2. I just extracted it from his Eclipse v7 ROM for the X2 and brought it here.

This will greatly increase your shutter speed and make your camera experience much better overall. I found the stock Bionic camera app to be garbage and was sick of waiting 15 seconds for it to focus.

I recommend using this with Gallery 3D. You can still view pics using the Blur gallery, but you won't have any options to share.

DIRECTIONS:

1) Using Root Explorer (or similar program) go to system/app and find blurcamera.apk. Mount system as R/W and rename app. I just added a .bak to the end so I could revert back if I wanted to.

***UPDATE--This is optional. Both cameras get separate icons (my reason for writing the original post as so) and now you can use stock for the FFC. Either way, Nitro said he'll get an update out soon. Maybe if you like this, you can find the thread here about getting him a Bionic. The man makes some stellar ROMs.

2) Download the attached .apk and move to system/app. Change permissions to:

XXO
XOO
XOO

3) Download Gallery 3D (if you wish) - Market link: Gallery 3D

4) Reboot and enjoy!

***You will lose your front facing camera option. I'm going to work on getting that fixed. Until then there is no known workaround.

Again, this is all Nitroglycerine33, so give him credit.

And of course, thank the MIUI team.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible if you mess your phone up.

My back camera failed to initialized... please help .. this is my uiderror 10/1/11 3:35 AM: No settings file; creating initial state
10/1/11 8:19 PM: System package com.motorola.Camera no longer exists; wiping its data
10/4/11 5:03 AM: System package com.motorola.Camera no longer exists; wiping its data
10/5/11 3:03 AM: System package com.motorola.Camera no longer exists; wiping its data
10/11/11 4:39 AM: System package com.motorola.Camera no longer exists; wiping its data
from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

mistawolfe

Nov 21, 2010
A screenshot would be hard to show the increase in shutter speed. Additionally, if it was picture quality, the quality would all depend on the screen you're viewing it from.

On a side note, Nitro got his Bionic today. Expect an update soon.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

darionlear

Nov 23, 2006
El Paso, TX
With app called screencast you cm record how fast it is and okay YouTube video. :)

A screenshot would be hard to show the increase in shutter speed. Additionally, if it was picture quality, the quality would all depend on the screen you're viewing it from.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All credit goes to Nitroglycerine33, so if you like this, throw him a couple bones. He modified some files to make it work with the X2. I just extracted it from his Eclipse v7 ROM for the X2 and brought it here.

This will greatly increase your shutter speed and make your camera experience much better overall. I found the stock Bionic camera app to be garbage and was sick of waiting 15 seconds for it to focus.

I recommend using this with Gallery 3D. You can still view pics using the Blur gallery, but you won't have any options to share.

DIRECTIONS:

1) Using Root Explorer (or similar program) go to system/app and find blurcamera.apk. Mount system as R/W and rename app. I just added a .bak to the end so I could revert back if I wanted to.

***UPDATE--This is optional. Both cameras get separate icons (my reason for writing the original post as so) and now you can use stock for the FFC. Either way, Nitro said he'll get an update out soon. Maybe if you like this, you can find the thread here about getting him a Bionic. The man makes some stellar ROMs.

2) Download the attached .apk and move to system/app. Change permissions to:

XXO
    XOO
    XOO

3) Download Gallery 3D (if you wish) - Market link: Gallery 3D

4) Reboot and enjoy!

***You will lose your front facing camera option. I'm going to work on getting that fixed. Until then there is no known workaround.

Again, this is all Nitroglycerine33, so give him credit.

And of course, thank the MIUI team.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible if you mess your phone up.
    I will see about getting the ffc working for you tomorrow. I am still trying to get a bionic but I should be able to get this working.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium
    Fix with FFC coming tonight or tomorrow. Hopefully.
    Can other instances still use the FFC even though the camera doesn't support it?

Absolutely. So if you have another camera app installed that has it, go for it. It'll work perfect. The only issue with this port is that it doesn't have the button. Still working on it. The developer that did all the work on it is very close to Bionic land. Drop his some dimes and he'll give us more goodies :D

Many updates lol