[Serious Bugs] Android 4.4.2 Galaxy Note 2

Search This thread
Apr 10, 2013
Dubai
Hello, folks

Recently I upgraded to Android Kitkat 4.4.2 (Indian Version) on my Samsung Galaxy Note II, I have come across a serious BUG after upgrading to Android 4.4.2.

BUG Details: Memory card cannot be read internally

For Instance while connected to Winscp via SSHDroid new folder cannot be created in Memory Card but at the same time new folder can be created in Phone Memory

I guess writing has been restricted

It's not over..... While downloading videos via YouTube Downloader 4.2 (Dentex) when custom folder chosen to memory card downloading gets failed

Again I guess writing has been restricted

I tried 3-4 different memory cards guessing problem might be in memory card (formatted as well)

Flashed my Note II via Hard Reset

Tried all ways and I have come to conclusion the BUG is in Android 4.4.2 Kitkat (Indian Version)

Kindly share if you have encountered same BUG as well (Specially Indian Consumers)

Regards,

Note II

anesterian

Jan 15, 2013
Philippines
Hello, folks

Recently I upgraded to Android Kitkat 4.4.2 (Indian Version) on my Samsung Galaxy Note II, I have come across a serious BUG after upgrading to Android 4.4.2.

BUG Details: Memory card cannot be read internally

For Instance while connected to Winscp via SSHDroid new folder cannot be created in Memory Card but at the same time new folder can be created in Phone Memory

I guess writing has been restricted

It's not over..... While downloading videos via YouTube Downloader 4.2 (Dentex) when custom folder chosen to memory card downloading gets failed

Again I guess writing has been restricted

I tried 3-4 different memory cards guessing problem might be in memory card (formatted as well)

Flashed my Note II via Hard Reset

Tried all ways and I have come to conclusion the BUG is in Android 4.4.2 Kitkat (Indian Version)

Kindly share if you have encountered same BUG as well (Specially Indian Consumers)

Regards,

Note II

It's not a bug, it is included in the Kitkat update for security purposes.
There is a fix for that but you have to be rooted.

Apr 10, 2013
Dubai
It's not a bug, it is included in the Kitkat update for security purposes.
There is a fix for that but you have to be rooted.

Bro What kind of security is it? I cannot copy my own files into my memory card

iQuran cannot read my memory card in which has supporting files

I cannot save/download videos from YouTube Downloader to my memory card

anesterian

Jan 15, 2013
Philippines
What rom are you using?

You can simply transfer your files using a comupter...

Then paste it to your memory card..

That's what I did when I'm on Stock Kitkat ROM...

If you want to apply the SD Card fixed root your phone first.

Sent from my GT-N7100

note2nooby

Dec 20, 2013
They did what. You can't copy from internal to external memory. Omg i see no 4.4 on my device.

Edit : ok i understand now.

Sent from my GT-N7100

Last edited:

sora9009

Jun 29, 2013
you can copy or move anything with stock file manager My Files..only third party application has no permission to write.

Reactions: note2nooby

EmptyArea

Dec 17, 2010
Google chose to block write access, for third party apps (those not pre-installed), to external storage; except in their own directories.

There is currently a loophole which some developers have updated their apps to use, but with future iterations of android this will likely be blocked.

This change has been primarily to keep the sdcard clean; un-installing third party apps had left orphaned files the sdcard and resulted in a poor user experience. Personally I'm not sure how viable an explanation this is when you weigh it up against the affect to the user experience of preventing 3rd.P apps from accessing anything outside of their own granted space, or the space granted to a partner app. I think this is either google being evil, trying to lower the value of an sdcard slot to drive OEMs to make devices without one (for various profitable purposes) OR because google goofed on their first time really deciding what access they should have (previously there was no formal access rights definition, it was a free-for-all.)

Hold this space

Last edited:

goyalp

Nov 29, 2012
You can install my apks from play store to back up apk in external card and quick office for editing and saving dox in external card without rooting from play store..enjoy

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

domnic79

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2011
Panaji
Happened to me yesterday. I was goin to format my fone, so i took a backup of some apps on helium(Since im not rooted)on my sd card. I formatted my fone. After that wen i went in carbon folder, it was empty. No data.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you can copy or move anything with stock file manager My Files..only third party application has no permission to write.