Inverted Apps

Making a Full theme. Which ROM does everyone use?

• midNIGHT ROM

Votes: 16 13.4%
  • AEMod

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Starburst

Votes: 48 40.3%
  • Stock

Votes: 52 43.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

h20wakebum

Nov 10, 2007
Santa Monica
Sorry bout that had a - instead of a _ in the name.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

still getting a 404 not found :-/ for gmail

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

This is strange...

I used root explorer and delete gmail.apk from system/app

I then placed the inverted gmail into system/app and renamed it gmail.apk...

It installs, but when i open it I just get a force close!

Any ideas?

-RR

JohnCorleone

Dec 19, 2010
Whittier,CA
Looks like Google+ and Docs are going to take a min. Don't know if it is a root/ROM/ or phone issue but neither docs nor Google+ will sync anything once they are installed. Just sits on connecting...

I have tried decompiling and then recompiling without changing anything and I still get this issue. If anyone knows a fix to this I would love to know what it is.

I have seen this before on my Epic. Did you try making it a zip and flashing it? I would get the hanging at "connecting" when installing a themed G+ with package installer...just a suggestion

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

jdefran

Nov 6, 2010
Metro Orlando
Newest Gmail (2.3.5.2) not installing. After pack installer runs, it just says 'application not installed'. I tried with and without the previous gmail installed. Any ideas?

rujelus22

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2007
Reno, NV
www.rujelus22.com
Newest Gmail (2.3.5.2) not installing. After pack installer runs, it just says 'application not installed'. I tried with and without the previous gmail installed. Any ideas?

If you are installing on the ET4G the Gmail is in the /system/app directory and can not just be installed. It will need to be pushed to the /system/app directory. I am going to make a flashable zip that does it, I just have not had the time yet.

jdefran

Nov 6, 2010
Metro Orlando
If you are installing on the ET4G the Gmail is in the /system/app directory and can not just be installed. It will need to be pushed to the /system/app directory. I am going to make a flashable zip that does it, I just have not had the time yet.

Guess it's finally time to teach myself adb or attempt using it for the first time. Thanks partner!

jdefran

Nov 6, 2010
Metro Orlando
You should be able to use root explorer to do it if you do not feel comfortable with adb. just move it there clear the app data and reboot.

if not adb works well and is not hard once you learn the commands.

I actually ended up using root explorer and everything is great! Glad you jumped ship from the Evo..I enjoyed using your themes there too!

cordell12

Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
Question, the Gmail looks bad ass, does it automatically download images though? I have a old version (inverted) that auto downloads images within the email, thats the only reason I keep hanging on to that version.

edit...installed 4 of them, they look awesome! the gmail has a "always show" option so if that is working then it will only take a few days to get all my regular emails set up for auto downloading of images, no biggie.

Thanks!!!

Last edited:

rujelus22

Sep 7, 2007
Reno, NV
www.rujelus22.com
Question, the Gmail looks bad ass, does it automatically download images though? I have a old version (inverted) that auto downloads images within the email, thats the only reason I keep hanging on to that version.

edit...installed 4 of them, they look awesome! the gmail has a "always show" option so if that is working then it will only take a few days to get all my regular emails set up for auto downloading of images, no biggie.

Thanks!!!

Glad you like them. Yes the always show option works. I can see if I can make a version that always shows images by default. I will let you know.

Reactions: mayfield103

rujelus22

Sep 7, 2007
Reno, NV
www.rujelus22.com
I have seen this before on my Epic. Did you try making it a zip and flashing it? I would get the hanging at "connecting" when installing a themed G+ with package installer...just a suggestion

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using xda premium

Yeah I have tried a zip but I get the same results with both G+ and Docs.

If anyone been able to decompress and recompress G+ or Docs and get them to work on the ET4G I would love to know how.

Reactions: mayfield103

AJordanWise

Jun 22, 2010
Roseville, CA
I am comfortable flashing things now through CWM and you drop this on me? I guess I need to learn something new because these look awesome. I can use Astro to do the same thing as root explorer right?

Also, I don't think it is an issue but just to verify, these will work with No CIQ right?

Thanks for all your hard work on these!

rujelus22

Sep 7, 2007
Reno, NV
www.rujelus22.com
I am comfortable flashing things now through CWM and you drop this on me? I guess I need to learn something new because these look awesome. I can use Astro to do the same thing as root explorer right?

Also, I don't think it is an issue but just to verify, these will work with No CIQ right?

Thanks for all your hard work on these!

If you don't mind waiting for this weekend I am going to be making flash-able zips for all the ET4G stuff. I am not sure if Astro can do it (I do not use it). As long as you can copy things to /system/app with Astro though it should work.

Really looking forward to Inverted Maps. Awesome stuff, thanks for the apps

Glad you like my work. Still getting things done on Maps (There is so much in this one). Here are some quick teaser screenshots of some of what I have so far.

Maps1.png
Maps2.png
Maps3.png

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts