[Q] S4 Powers off after android splash screen - any options other than factory wipe?

Search This thread

Valacer2

Sep 29, 2013
Or at least i think its powering off - i punch in my encryption passcode, it goes to android splash screen, then zip...

I have been looking at other threads and searching (this forum is huge!) but not yet found an answer, certainly not one where i dont factory wipe.

The phone was on the official optus 4.3 firmware

What i did was I used Odin 1.85, and the appropriate CF auto-root from here (cant link yet, not enough posts)

Powered off the thing, took battery out for over an hour, twice, still the same

Just trying to re-root the phone so i can back it up again, it had been a while since using Titanium

Follow the typical instructions, seemed to go fine, it just gives me the green android screen for about two seconds after encryption key is put in and always goes off

I wiped the cache too, and i flashed the current firmware again using odin (Aus OPTUS 4.3 official) - still the same.

Anyone got any ideas for me>?

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib
Or at least i think its powering off - i punch in my encryption passcode, it goes to android splash screen, then zip...

I have been looking at other threads and searching (this forum is huge!) but not yet found an answer, certainly not one where i dont factory wipe.

The phone was on the official optus 4.3 firmware

What i did was I used Odin 1.85, and the appropriate CF auto-root from here (cant link yet, not enough posts)

Powered off the thing, took battery out for over an hour, twice, still the same

Just trying to re-root the phone so i can back it up again, it had been a while since using Titanium

Follow the typical instructions, seemed to go fine, it just gives me the green android screen for about two seconds after encryption key is put in and always goes off

I wiped the cache too, and i flashed the current firmware again using odin (Aus OPTUS 4.3 official) - still the same.

Anyone got any ideas for me>?

If your phone keep's turning it off by it self then try to use a spare battery.maybe the problem is the battery and check your battery as well if the serial number starts with BD and that should need to be change soon.

Sent from Hell ?

Last edited:

Valacer2

Sep 29, 2013
If your phone keep's turning it off by it self then try to use a spare battery.maybe the problem is the battery and check your battery as well if the serial number starts with BD and that should need to be change soon.

Sent from Hell ��

Tried two different batteries.

I would think it coincidental both would prove faulty right after i tried to root! ;)

Thanks mate :)