Request help and advice in rooting and Installing a Rom on verizon Note 3

Search This thread

wilspeak

Jul 18, 2011
ga
Dear XDA guys, I am trying to Flash a Rom on my Verizon Note 3, I am on android 4.4.2, Model:SM-N900V, baseband version: N900VVRUCNC4 and I need to use Odin 3, the problem I am having is when I try to flash this firmware >>>- MJE tar file>> ( ALL_N900VVRUBMJE_N900VVZWMJE_2106277_REV03_user_lo w_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5.7z ) Odin does NOT see the firmware tar file when the PC is browsed and the file that it is installed in is opened, Odin will see other files , but not the MJE tar file, I even opened it with 7 zip and Odin still does not see it , also Safe strap 3.72 will not install every time I open the app up nothing but a blank screen shows up and I tried to root with towelroot, it didnt work is there any way to root this device so that I can flash back to android 4.3 ?, can you give me some advice on what I should do or what I am doing wrong , here are the instructions that I am going by >>>>http://xdaforums.com/show...8#post48627708. Thank You in advance and I appreciate your time :*)

Kneebs

Mar 6, 2013
If I am correct, you can not downgrade back to MJE if you are already on NC4. NC2 would be the KK release you can downgrade back to MJE. I believe you are out of luck with trying the MJE TAR.

wilspeak

Jul 18, 2011
ga
If I am correct, you can not downgrade back to MJE if you are already on NC4. NC2 would be the KK release you can downgrade back to MJE. I believe you are out of luck with trying the MJE TAR.
Thank You for the advice, So your saying try to flash the NC2 KK release instead of the MJR TAR ? would you happen to know where I could get the NC2 KK for the note 3 ?

Kneebs

Mar 6, 2013
Thank You for the advice, So your saying try to flash the NC2 KK release instead of the MJR TAR ? would you happen to know where I could get the NC2 KK for the note 3 ?
No. Unfortunately once you are on NC4 you can not even downgrade to a prior KK release. You and NC4 have tp become friends. The only way to downgrade now is by having Verizon ship you a new phone on MJE still.

---------- Post added at 06:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 AM ----------

No. Unfortunately once you are on NC4 you can not even downgrade to a prior KK release. You and NC4 have tp become friends. The only way to downgrade now is by having Verizon ship you a new phone on MJE still.