[ROM][4.2.2][Aug 6th] Slim Bean-d2vzw [build 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cvsolidx17

Sep 30, 2008
Boston
Re: [ROM][4.2.2][March 22] Slim Bean-d2vzw [build 2.5]

Anybody having issues with their maps??? Mines locks up on me while in navigation...other than that 2.5 is really smooth , thanks Cordell & The SlimTeam

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

trbman

May 9, 2012
Berlin, NJ
Re: [ROM][4.2.2][March 22] Slim Bean-d2vzw [build 2.5]

Yeah, I have tried three cameras and they all freeze up. Maps during navigation does, too. Very frustrating.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

Anybody having issues with their maps??? Mines locks up on me while in navigation...other than that 2.5 is really smooth , thanks Cordell & The SlimTeam

literally right above your post...

Reactions: ddurandSGS3

ddurandSGS3

Jun 12, 2012
Gonna use maps/navigation for the first time on this rom today. Ill report back with anything i find.

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX
Build 3 is up! Again for stability Slim has the 3.0 Kernel. I realize a possible fix was pushed this morning, but there has been no testing, so I went with what I know is stable. Perhaps I will leak a 3.4 build in a few days :D

Make sure to Download the NEW gapps/addons. Qualifier was changed to keep from interfering with Google, so the old gapps/addons will not toggle on build 3!

Enjoy :good:

trbman

May 9, 2012
Berlin, NJ
cordell,

not sure if this issue is in your control or not. I use mighty text and from what i remember, when i was on Touch Wiz i could read a text on my computer through Mighty Text and have it be marked as read on my phone. non-Touch Wiz roms do not seem to have this feature. is this something that is even able to be implented? if so, any plans to implement it?

SkinnyT

Jul 11, 2011
Re: [ROM][4.2.2][March 29] Slim Bean-d2vzw [build 3]

Is there a way to switch the speech to text recognition to the one the comes with the regular gapps? I prefer the one that types out the words as I speak them as opposed to getting three or four choices of what I may have said.

lvgdgts

Oct 27, 2006
I just tried to sync Color Notes after a fresh install and app. download, but I get a FC. Anyone have an idea?

Dearborn1977

Oct 21, 2010
Kernel?

What kernel is the "stock" kernel? Is it the CM kernel or a custom Slimroms kernel? Or something else entirely? Just curious, didn't seem to find the answer in a search.

akakai

Oct 22, 2012
Im glad that the 4.1 camera and gallery were added to this rom, it seems that the quality is better for some reason.... Been meaning to add this back to any 4.2 rom i use.

d1ez3

Mar 27, 2011
Orlando, Florida
Is it possible to get email notifications without it vibrating? I've tried every option I can see but it won't stop vibrating with each email, it's extremely annoying.

cordell12

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 22, 2010
Dayton, TX

cvsolidx17

Sep 30, 2008
Boston

Has anybody else been able to replicate my maps issue?

ddurandSGS3

Jun 12, 2012

Has anybody else been able to replicate my maps issue?

If you were the one getting freezes, no. I used navigation for 90 minutes yesterday and it didn't lock up or lose connection once.

The initial lock took a minute, but nothing spectacularly long or out of the ordinary

AJ26T

Jun 28, 2007
nj

Does this rom allow saving pics to sd card

CraiaSoftware

Oct 26, 2011
Kernel Confusion

What Linux Kernel is Build 3? 3.0 or 3.4? I have seen conflicting posts:

the "stock" kernel is just the CM 3.0 kernel, the above is also 3.0

d2: Random SoDs due to new 3.4 kernel

Build 3 is up! Again for stability Slim has the 3.0 Kernel. I realize a possible fix was pushed this morning, but there has been no testing, so I went with what I know is stable. Perhaps I will leak a 3.4 build in a few days

Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SlimBeanOP2.png

Disclaimer: We are not responsible for any damages on your device.

Original Slim Features:

1. The Real Dark Slim
    2. Notification drawer Shortcuts
    3. Full hardware key rebinding!
    4. Keyboard rotation
    5. SlimCenter

Check out our full feature list here

Changelog
    Find our latest Changelog go here

Chat with the slim team and other slim users
    • IRC: #slimusers @freenode
    • New to IRC? Don't have a native app? Try the Freenode web client [link] or the Firefox extension Chatzilla [link]
    • Google+ [link]
    • Twitter [link]
    • Facebook [Link]

Installation instructions
    For Most Users
    Please keep in mind if a special instruction is needed it will be noted in the Changelog
    • Download the latest build from [here]
    • Addons ( if you don't have it already) from [here]
    • !Recommended! Full wipe, and manual format /system
    • Flash ROM and the addons you want, reboot

FAQ
    Check out out FAQ before posting! Keeps more common questions answered in one place!

Help us out!
    If you want to help us by translating slim to your language check out Crowdin.net and submite your translations.
    Or consider a donation.

Thanks!
    You can find the full list of credits here

Source
    Please visit here for the rom source code.
    Kernel source can be found here
    Status Update...

I've been pretty busy at work, 6 days a week, 12+ hours a day (outside/Texas/HOT!). So I am pretty beat to say the least. Just want to let everyone know that 4.3 IS currently being worked on, we have it booted and running on Nexus devices, so the rest will follow suit shortly :good:

also, the CDMA d2 devices (d2spr/d2vzw/d2usc) will be getting a new maintainer. I currently have 8 devices and its just to much to juggle with family and work. Plus I don't have a d2 any more and new maintainer does. If he wants to/ready to announce himself, then he can do so, or we will have a formal announcement later, as well as threads transferred. I want to Thank you all for supporting me and Slim, as well as helping me and each other with your devices and the threads. You guys are GREAT and are what makes all this worth it. Without your support the fun is gone, and it can become almost meaningless, job like :( This is definitely not the case here though! Not to get all mushy, but you guys have made this experience well worth it :good: just wanted to say "Thank You" and i hope to see ALL of you on a like device soon ;)

Thanks
    Well guys and girls, I have some good news, and some not so good news.

The good news is I switched back to sprint (verizon really pissed me off yesterday!). What this means is since my d2vzw wont work on Sprint, and I didnt want to sign a 2 year agreement and get a year old device. I got the galaxy S 4 :D

However, I will continue to push builds out for the GS3 for both verizon and sprint. And contimue to assist nicklovell23 with his un-official builds of SlimROM for d2usc, located @ Rootz. I will however need some "official" testers for d2vzw and d2spr as I cant whip something up and flash it real quick. I know I have some regulars that I send builds to, then some of you who know where my dev-host is. But we need to organize this a little better ;) I am going to need about 3 testers for each version sprint/verizon. To be a official tester you must be able to produce a LOGCAT (very important), download and install test builds within reasonable time (not 2 days later), willing to test the whole ROM (not just the cool things). Communication will be a must, I know sometimes it seems like I disappear, but I do have a life, lol. Even if I am not posting in the threads, more than likely I am doing something for Slim. Many posts go un-answered because the question was answered 2 pages prior! Also you guys rock on helping each-other out, I appreciate that. :good: So nothing will change with my move, just the test side will become more organized, and that is a good thing.

That said, If you would like to be a "Official" tester please PM me. In the subject let me know what device, d2vzw/spr. Also, please dont contact me if you dont have the ability, but want to learn. As much as I want to help, I dont have time to teach testers how to produce a LOGCAT or last_kmsg. There are plenty of guides out on the interwebz that will teach you basic debug skills.

SlimROM WILL continue to be supported on the GS3 by me and Team Slim. My switching carrier and device does not effect the ROM for GS3 at all.
    I enjoyed working with you all, we had some good times here in this thread. I look forward to continuing this, dont feel like I am abandoning you. This phone was my favourite device to date!

more important then before, if you find a bug in Slim. It MUST be explained how it can be reproduced (after a FULL wipe has been done), as well as a Logcat provided!!!
    Yes I am. And I'm excited to be here.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
    I know Im probably late to the party, but build 6 has been released!