[Program] Updated: 8-5-10: 1 Click SimpleRoot OTA 1.47.651.1 Edition

Search This thread

jiqqaman

Aug 3, 2009
Bronx, New York
well unrevoked basically let you do anything root would except remove bloatware and flash roms

cuz what i was planning to do was install the update directly from my phone and then root with this method .. if i do that will my phone have the latest radio wimax added on to it already? :confused:

No, you'll have to update those on your own. From what I've read unrevoked breaks your 4G because they delete your MAC address or something.. I'm not sure exactly sure on that so don't quote me..

Some bad news and good news..

Bad news is my internet stopped working... :mad:
Good news is I'm tethering to my PC to upload, so it might take a few...

bluedawgalex

Jul 7, 2008
No, you'll have to update those on your own. From what I've read unrevoked breaks your 4G because they delete your MAC address or something.. I'm not sure exactly sure on that so don't quote me..

Some bad news and good news..

Bad news is my internet stopped working... :mad:
Good news is I'm tethering to my PC to upload, so it might take a few...

well ive been using unrevoked since launch date and my 4g works perfectly im even able to tether in 4g speeds..

hmm well thank you very much for your input.. im gonna wait it out a little until i learn a little more about everything cuz i dont wanna brick my phone lol..

murdercitydan

Jul 6, 2010
What if I never had root and updated when I got the phone (which was right after they put the fixed OTA update out)? Should simple root work? Or should I go along with your video tut you made for the other root guide?

murdercitydan

Jul 6, 2010
Just started "Step 4: Reboot + Scan". Seems to be stuck on part 2...

prompt-
"Waiting on phone..."
"Starting part 2..."

This supposed to take a while usually?

jiqqaman

Aug 3, 2009
Bronx, New York
No. The most 45 secs - 1 min.

I tried this 3 times on my own phone unrooting each time and updating to the latest OTA without a single fail.

Either way, let me know your outcome..

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

murdercitydan

Jul 6, 2010
When you click step 4, what is supposed to happen exactly?

It restarts my phone and thats it. I clicked Step 4 again, because I got tired of waiting and adb spat out that my device was not found, but it also told me to move on to the next step, which starts at telling me to select something from the bootloader...

So is Step 4 supposed to take me to the bootloader after it reboots? Or do I need to go VolDown+Power on my own?

Edit: I got the same error on Step 1 as Frankie_Bones ""cannot stat 'part4' : no such file or directory".
I just waited it out, eventually it told me to continue on with the steps.

jiqqaman

Aug 3, 2009
Bronx, New York
Ok I see where the error is happening but part4 is not needed as I removed it I just forgot to remove the command. You might also see one for recovery.img, I just forgot to removed the command. It doesn't effect the root process either so continue to step 2. Ill update that later

Frankie_Bones

Jun 29, 2009
When you click step 4, what is supposed to happen exactly?

It restarts my phone and thats it. I clicked Step 4 again, because I got tired of waiting and adb spat out that my device was not found, but it also told me to move on to the next step, which starts at telling me to select something from the bootloader...

So is Step 4 supposed to take me to the bootloader after it reboots? Or do I need to go VolDown+Power on my own?

after you load the flash site it will give a message to continue on to step 4 you then click step 4 and it will reset the phone into the bootloader

murdercitydan

Jul 6, 2010
All done.

I think my problem was closing one of the command prompts too early,(it told me to press any key, so i did =])

Thank you very much jiqqaman, that definitely beats typing in commands by hand and everything.

Now I have a fully rooted EVO, whoohoo!!

Off to rom it up!

mad rep for jiqqa

One question though, do I need to update my wimax/4g/radios? (don't have 4g in my area, so thats not such a big issue yet.)

jiqqaman

Aug 3, 2009
Bronx, New York
All done.

I think my problem was closing one of the command prompts too early,(it told me to press any key, so i did =])

Thank you very much jiqqaman, that definitely beats typing in commands by hand and everything.

Now I have a fully rooted EVO, whoohoo!!

Off to rom it up!

mad rep for jiqqa

One question though, do I need to update my wimax/4g/radios? (don't have 4g in my area, so thats not such a big issue yet.)

Glad to know it worked for you! Well if its not a issue for you right now then no. Im in NYC and I get 4G in certain areas(4G is not officially released here yet) and I havent updated my radio to the latest one. I currently have 1.39.00.05.31

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys- stupid post but I did it so maybe others are.

In step one when the command prompt turns red make sure to follow the directions and reset the data on your phone. To do this go to settings>privacy>reset

If you do not do this step 3 will not complete.

How do you know if Step 3 completed? Did it tell you to refresh the browser on your phone and then press any button on your computer? If not restart from the beginning.

If you do have to restart delete the 6 files on your sd card that the hack created.
    Is there an update than can be used with froyo? I'm a complete noob when it comes to rooting and flashing roms on android

Android version 2.2
    Baseband version 2.15.00.11.19
    Build number 3.70.651.1 CL294884 release-keys
    Software number 3.70.651.1

If you've still got froyo (2.2), with your "noob" status, you'd probably be better off using unrevoked3... it's one click... just follow all instructions to a "t" and you'll be rooted in no time

Edit: here is a link to the unrevoked3 thread...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=787304

Tower, this is SkyRaider requesting a fly-by...