[Q] HTC Sensation SIM unlock not permanent?
I have this HTC Sensation 4G from T-Mobile (S-Off, rooted, now with CyanogenMod 9) and I wanted to use it with an H2O Wireless pay-as-you-go
that is currently in use in an old Blackberry 8700 phone.
Of course, upon inserting the H2O Wireless into the HTC Sensation, I was prompted to enter a "SIM network unlock code".
After getting the unlock code
from T-Mobile I found out
how to get the unlock code on my own - so yeah, the unlock code provided from
T-Mobile seems to be the correct one.
* With the H2O Wireless SIM card inserted I have to enter the SIM network unlock code every time I boot up the phone or switch from "Airplane" mode to "Normal"
* After entering the SIM network unlock code, it says "Network unlock successful" - but the phone does not seem to pick up a GSM signal.
* Manually searching for network operators gives "Error while searching for networks"
* The H2O Wireless SIM card works just fine in this old Blackberry 8700 phone (with talk/text only, as I did not book any data services with H2O)
I found a similar thread
where the solution was to "choose a different band", but in my case there are no network operators to choose from.
Enabling "Use only 2G networks" (in "Mobile network settings", CM9) did not help either.
In the same menu "Select network automatically" gives "Registered on network" after a few seconds, but the reception bar stays "crossed out" and shortly after
"Error while searching for networks" is printed.
So, I guess my question is:
* Why do I have to put in the SIM network unlock code over and over again? Is this related to CM9 being installed on the phone?
Should I try with a stock T-Mobile ROM? (Would this
be "stock" enough?
* Even when the phone seems to be unlocked (until the next reboot), why is the H2O Wireless SIM card not picking up any signal?