Votes: 194 62.4%
  • Samsung Galaxy S2

Votes: 117 37.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

jony013

Feb 18, 2008
HTC chip-set of 1.2 dual core and andreno 220 is far more better that SGS2's 1.2 dual core and 2008's Mali-400 chip-set. I used both the handsets and now using HTC Sensation after SGS2.
The main problem with HTC is it's locked boot-loader and it's stock rom which is really not ready to use the full power.. The power is not equally distributed. Benchmark is not everything as sensation has issues with sense 3.0 and better pixels than the SGS2. Below is some link where you can understand the whole technical issues.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1050968

http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-mali-400mp-gpu-and-vs-adreno-220-gpu/

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1169376

Last edited:
Reactions: Akatosh and forelli

jrwingate6

Aug 13, 2009
Charm City
The Exysnos processor is better than the Dual Core Snapdragon just like the Hummingbird was better than the single core Snapdragon. Just be happy with your Sensation and stop trying to justify your purchase. Once the Sensation becomes as smooth as the GSII then we can talk bench marks but for right now during every day real world use, the GSII feels faster. Not to mention the GSII brings hardware acceleration to the browser. Something our Qualcom can't do.

By the way...Error 404 on both links.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

*damo*

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 23, 2011
Cambridge
I prefer the sensation to sgs2 regardless of benchmarks or performence, mostly because of sense and nicer aesthetics ;)
But I do have one concern, if you got to system/lib/egl, all the libs say adreno 200, could that be affecting performance?

HTC Swyped from my Sensation using XDA Premium

Reactions: Product F(RED)

brusko1972

May 3, 2008
Brampton
Actually the OP is right about the adreno 220 being better than the mali 400. The difference is the way samsung optimized the performance of their GPU with drivers and such. But for what the GPU can do spec wise, adreno 220 is superior. Too bad htc did not do a good job of showcasing that.

Reactions: Product F(RED)

jony013

Feb 18, 2008
The Exysnos processor is better than the Dual Core Snapdragon just like the Hummingbird was better than the single core Snapdragon. Just be happy with your Sensation and stop trying to justify your purchase. Once the Sensation becomes as smooth as the GSII then we can talk bench marks but for right now during every day real world use, the GSII feels faster. Not to mention the GSII brings hardware acceleration to the browser. Something our Qualcom can't do.

Thanks for your reply, I updated those link. Now you will know what you said is not true. I am not justifying anything, True will be true. SGS2 is overclocked to 1.2 by samsung and its all software issues which is, what makes the benchmark result great. Main thing is Other than the GL benchmark, all benchmarking soft is not up to date for the sensation. As its use console-quality 3D graphics and high-end effects such as vertex skinning, full-screen post-processing shader effects, dynamic lighting with full-screen alpha blending, real-time cloth simulation, advanced shader effects like dynamic shadows, god rays, bump mapping.

psn1819

Apr 4, 2008
Philadelphia
I think both phones need a cyanogen 2.3.4 rom and then we can see how they perform against each other..sadly for us sensation owners... August couldn't come any quicker lol.

jrwingate6

Aug 13, 2009
Charm City
Thanks for your reply, I updated those link. Now you will know what you said is not true. I am not justifying anything, True will be true. SGS2 is overclocked to 1.2 by samsung and its all software issues which is, what makes the benchmark result great. Main thing is Other than the GL benchmark, all benchmarking soft is not up to date for the sensation. As its use console-quality 3D graphics and high-end effects such as vertex skinning, full-screen post-processing shader effects, dynamic lighting with full-screen alpha blending, real-time cloth simulation, advanced shader effects like dynamic shadows, god rays, bump mapping.

Let me ask you something. If the Adreno is so good then why does HomeRun Battle 3D lag sometimes on my Sensation but never lagged once on my Tegra II powered G2X. I could care less about benchmarks or how Samsung is reaching the high numbers. What matters more to me is real world use. I could also care less if Samsung or HTC optimized there processors better than the other. Bottom line. Both of them should be optimized for best performance upon mass release. HTC always has problems with there drivers and quite frankly, the Adreno 220 could be 10 times better than the Mali or the Tegra II but if it doesn't have the software to back it up then its no good to me or you. By the time we get root or better drivers, Tegra III will be out smoking everything in its path including the Adreno 220.

By the way, the Adreno may be better than the Mali but the Snapdragon is very much inferior to the Exynos which is more powerful when it comes to raw processing power. I wish HTC would just ditch Qualcom all together because TI and Samsung continue to **** all over them.

Reactions: forelli
Jun 27, 2011
I think both phones need a cyanogen 2.3.4 rom and then we can see how they perform against each other..sadly for us sensation owners... August couldn't come any quicker lol.

It will not be August/September for the Sensation. Yes it will be unlocked but that is when the custom rom process begins. It will be weeks to months later before you get any stable releases of everything.

pinhead

Sep 15, 2005
The final product Samsung has provided in the Galaxy S II appears to be significantly faster than what HTC provides in the Sensation. I do not use the individual parts of my phone. I use the final product. So whoever optimized what does not matter to me as much as what I see on the screen and hold in my hand.

I prefer the Sensation right now. That is also what I own. The phone before that was the G2x and I liked that one as well...I preferred it to the Galaxy S 4g and the MyTouch 4g. Before that I had a preference for GS 4g...and it goes on from there. I buy the phones I prefer. It is kinda funny to see people defend the smartphone they bought as though they designed and built it themselves.

Sent from my LG-V909 using XDA Premium App

Reactions: forelli

jrwingate6

Aug 13, 2009
Charm City
The final product Samsung has provided in the Galaxy S II appears to be significantly faster than what HTC provides in the Sensation. I do not use the individual parts of my phone. I use the final product. So whoever optimized what does not matter to me as much as what I see on the screen and hold in my hand.

I prefer the Sensation right now. That is also what I own. The phone before that was the G2x and I liked that one as well...I preferred it to the Galaxy S 4g and the MyTouch 4g. Before that I had a preference for GS 4g...and it goes on from there. I buy the phones I prefer. It is kinda funny to see people defend the smartphone they bought as though they designed and built it themselves.

Sent from my LG-V909 using XDA Premium App

Exactly, I buy whatever phone I like and right now I use a Sensation and a G2X. I think the Sensation is better than the G2X but I think the GSII is better than the Sensation and I'm not affraid to admit that just because I own the Sensation. If people think the Sensation is better than the GSII then they think the Sensation is the best Android phone available right now since almost every review I've read labels the GSII the best Android device to date. In fact, 9 out of 10 reviews state the GSII took Android to the next level but I haven't read any review stating the Sensation took it to the next level. Maybe if HTC would have released it with optimized drivers we would see reviews stating such.

anarchyuk

Mar 27, 2007
North East England
I am considering getting rid of the sensation due to it getting far to hot, I understand a dual core should put out more heat and its passively cooled but it shouldnt get any where near as hot as it does... I sold my sgs because of how terrible the flashing process is and if i didnt have the efs folder backed up I would of lost my imei :D

jrwingate6

Aug 13, 2009
Charm City
I am considering getting rid of the sensation due to it getting far to hot, I understand a dual core should put out more heat and its passively cooled but it shouldnt get any where near as hot as it does... I sold my sgs because of how terrible the flashing process is and if i didnt have the efs folder backed up I would of lost my imei :D

My Sensation gets extremely hot when playing Homerun Battle 3D and my G2X gets no where near as hot when playing the same game. In fact, after playing for 30 minutes it gets so hot that sometimes my screen becomes unresponsive to touch but the accelerometer still works. I think its definitely a driver issue but something shouldn't be getting so hot that it renders the phone useless.

Hoggles

Jun 9, 2011
under a doxie

I would imagine the heat you're talking about might be the battery not as much as the cpu.

I got my "1900mAh" Anker battery a few days ago and I can confirm, as others have in the Anker thread, that it doesn't get anywhere near as hot as it did with the OEM battery.

The easiest test for me was Angry Birds..... 30-45 min with stock battery, 45c avrg. Very hot to hold, even through my case. This Anker....28c avrg. Barley warm...huge difference.

No matter if the numbers are correct, one thing is for sure....I no longer feel ANY excessive heat even with prolonged heavy use.

If heat is why you'd get rid of your Sensation, spend 10 bones and get a new battery. Cheap and stays cool and lasts way longer :)

Last edited:

KingKuba13

Mar 28, 2011
That site is funny.

"These benchmark tests shows that Tegra 2 takes the lead over Exynos in almost every category. Specially, this is especially true for mobile gaming."

Looks like everything is better than Exynos.

But you are wrong, sensation is weak.

DazzXP

Aug 25, 2010
Let me ask you something. If the Adreno is so good then why does HomeRun Battle 3D lag sometimes on my Sensation but never lagged once on my Tegra II powered G2X. I could care less about benchmarks or how Samsung is reaching the high numbers. What matters more to me is real world use. I could also care less if Samsung or HTC optimized there processors better than the other. Bottom line. Both of them should be optimized for best performance upon mass release. HTC always has problems with there drivers and quite frankly, the Adreno 220 could be 10 times better than the Mali or the Tegra II but if it doesn't have the software to back it up then its no good to me or you. By the time we get root or better drivers, Tegra III will be out smoking everything in its path including the Adreno 220.

By the way, the Adreno may be better than the Mali but the Snapdragon is very much inferior to the Exynos which is more powerful when it comes to raw processing power. I wish HTC would just ditch Qualcom all together because TI and Samsung continue to **** all over them.

Sounds to me your phone is syncing in the background

|ErosizeD|

Jan 23, 2010
Hey people!! This reminds to me, old times with the HTC HD2 ( quetly brillant )

jajajaja yea yea... just quietly brillant... :D with the optimized drivers! :eek:

the_scotsman

Assistant Forum Admin
Staff member
I have to laugh at all these banchmarks between the two...they aren't exactly valid.

The Sensation has a higher res screen that is has to push...which obviously means it has more work to do....it's not a fair comparison.

And in any case...benchmarks mean nothing to me...I chose to buy the Sensation because it looks so much better than the GS2, it has a better interface in Sense 3, and it's HTC :)

jrwingate6

Aug 13, 2009
Charm City
I would imagine the heat you're talking about might be the battery not as much as the cpu.

I got my "1900mAh" Anker battery a few days ago and I can confirm, as others have in the Anker thread, that it doesn't get anywhere near as hot as it did with the OEM battery.

The easiest test for me was Angry Birds..... 30-45 min with stock battery, 45c avrg. Very hot to hold, even through my case. This Anker....28c avrg. Barley warm...huge difference.

No matter if the numbers are correct, one thing is for sure....I no longer feel ANY excessive heat even with prolonged heavy use.

If heat is why you'd get rid of your Sensation, spend 10 bones and get a new battery. Cheap and stays cool and lasts way longer :)

My Sensation doesn't get hot near the battery. It gets hot at the very bottom where all of the internals are.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This thread is to funny why does everyone care if they have the best phone out I mean all dual core phones are fast even my wife's g2 is fast when oc'd so why does it matter.there is no need to stand up for your phone. I love my g2x and it does everything I want so I see no need in comparing it to other devices. there all awesome devices and lets just be happy android has advanced this far since the g1 days. This is like a pissing in the wind contest lol

sent from a guy living in a van down by the river
    HTC chip-set of 1.2 dual core and andreno 220 is far more better that SGS2's 1.2 dual core and 2008's Mali-400 chip-set. I used both the handsets and now using HTC Sensation after SGS2.
    The main problem with HTC is it's locked boot-loader and it's stock rom which is really not ready to use the full power.. The power is not equally distributed. Benchmark is not everything as sensation has issues with sense 3.0 and better pixels than the SGS2. Below is some link where you can understand the whole technical issues.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1050968

http://www.differencebetween.com/difference-between-mali-400mp-gpu-and-vs-adreno-220-gpu/

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1169376
    I have to laugh at all these banchmarks between the two...they aren't exactly valid.

The Sensation has a higher res screen that is has to push...which obviously means it has more work to do....it's not a fair comparison.

And in any case...benchmarks mean nothing to me...I chose to buy the Sensation because it looks so much better than the GS2, it has a better interface in Sense 3, and it's HTC :)
    OMG can we just stop comparing this devices?

Its very annoying!

For me the Sensation is just a great Phone!

For the Sgs2 users the SGS2 is a great Phone!

**** off Benchmarks -.- They say nothing about the User´s experience!

Sense is better then TouchWiz thats the only thing that i can say! But this is only ME!
    I dont like Plastic i dont like Samsung! BUT ITS MY OPINION! For me the Sensation is better in every way!

Why are you comparing!? This is so stupid and senseless

be happy with your phone or buy EVERY phone that is new!