[ROM-AOSP][BL-1.2]G-Harmony ICS 4.0.4 ODEXed (UPDATED 8/19)

Search This thread

nobe1976

Sep 11, 2011
The Darkside
TNT does boot up fine. When I shutdown and try to go into CWM, it just goes to a black screen, like you get when you nvflash. I did follow all the steps in the install. Just doesn't seem to be working for me.

Does the volume keys function properly on other NVflash builds? There is some tablets that have been distributed with the volume rockers wired reverse. Typical process for booting into recovery is holding the volume + button during the boot up process and holding the volume - button the same way will initial apex mode. Trying these process in reverse might solve your solution. If all else fails you can use adb process to reboot tablet into recovery.

Last edited:

qwsdert4

May 23, 2012
Qingdao
Dear tjohnsonjr I'm using a Malata T2 and all well with the installation of this ROM since it shares the specs with gtab except RAM. However when I finish booting into the system half of the screen begins to blink which keeps me from normal use, while other feature remains perfect. is it the problem from the kernel or refresh rate or something else? can u please tell me how to fix it? If it could be fixed, I would appreciate it very much. thanks

omkar62

Dec 4, 2009
Lovin it!

Absolutely loving this ROM, was able to get it installed on top of DRH 1.2 version, just by erasing Dalvik cache. I was able to flip back and forth without any issues.

Boot times are definitely faster on this ROM. I also installed system cleanup to move any non system apps to data.
One issue I have is that HD video using MX player is choppy -- with h/w decoding, s/w decoding looses synch of picture and voice. Any thoughts why ?

The overall memory usage for both this ROM as well as DRH is well over 60-70%, this rom bring it slightly lower, however, is there a better way to have more memory available ? over time as more apps get started, the performance definitley takes a hit . What are the ideal dalvik settings ? -- btw miss the ROM controller from ver 1.2

Looking forward to the microphone and camera fixed on both ROMs. Great work guys!

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

BTW during install I did get a 'offset xxxx' message ... not sure what that means, the rom worked fine

Reactions: tjohnsonjr

tjohnsonjr

Jan 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
Absolutely loving this ROM, was able to get it installed on top of DRH 1.2 version, just by erasing Dalvik cache. I was able to flip back and forth without any issues.

Boot times are definitely faster on this ROM. I also installed system cleanup to move any non system apps to data.
One issue I have is that HD video using MX player is choppy -- with h/w decoding, s/w decoding looses synch of picture and voice. Any thoughts why ?

The overall memory usage for both this ROM as well as DRH is well over 60-70%, this rom bring it slightly lower, however, is there a better way to have more memory available ? over time as more apps get started, the performance definitley takes a hit . What are the ideal dalvik settings ? -- btw miss the ROM controller from ver 1.2

Looking forward to the microphone and camera fixed on both ROMs. Great work guys!

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

BTW during install I did get a 'offset xxxx' message ... not sure what that means, the rom worked fine

Thanks. I've been testing a new build. I've been playing around with the dalvik settings. I'll have an update soon. Thanks again for the feedback

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Reactions: lekhwani

tsukaza

Aug 31, 2010
I am having sound issue. No sound at all.

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

I renamed musicfx.apk and odex then reboot. The sound came back . Testing the rom now.

luis250

Dec 16, 2010
Any link to download the. 250mb system stock tnt to install this Roman

Any answers

I'm stuck in android screen is because I need the 250mb system stock tnt. But where I download

Last edited:

Edubyah

Jul 1, 2010
Mobile
Really enjoying this, thanks so much for the work on our device. I want to take on a similar project to this anyway you could point me in the right direction? I'm no noob and I've compiled CM-5, 7 & 9 as well as AOKP but I have no idea how to start compiling AOSP for a device that came with a manufacturer's overlay (example being TouchWiz and HTC-Sense). I can't seem to find any good pointers and this is a grand example you have built.

tsukaza

Aug 31, 2010
So far so good after I disabled musicFX.apk. Everything runs great. Got a few hard lockup which required hard reset. I am pretty happy with the ROM, I will use it until TeamDRH comes out with a new release.

DaggerDave

Jan 18, 2011
Working great here, but I'm wondering if the V6 Supercharger will work with this?

It should work, as it isn't really rom or device specific. I have used it on froyo, gingerbread and ics roms on 3 different devices and it always works great. If you have problems, you can run the script again and 'un-supercharge', or re-flash the rom (or backup) if problems are that severe. Just follow the directions in the V6SuperCharger thread for ICS users, it looks like a lot of work but it really isn't, the script does most of the work for you.

wroark

Sep 29, 2009
Has anybody else had an issue with Chrome Beta not working on 1.5?
It worked fine in 1.4 but after going to 1.5 it won't start, just immediate error "Chrome Beta has stopped". The only thing different, for my part, is I went to the 120 density (of 1.5) from the 160 (of 1.4).

Other than that, 1.5 is a bit faster and smoother in general and a good bit faster than DRH.
Great build!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is AOSP Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.4 built from source.

This ROM is pure AOSP not CM or AOKP based. The ROM was built with the user tag so the framework and most of the system apks are ODEXed. The purpose of this ROM is give as close of a OEM feel as possible.

Advantages of an ODEXED
    The odexing bring some advantages, less ram usage, faster boot times and reduced Space occupied in /data/dalvik-cache , so MORE spare for Apps and Data

Thanks to Team DRH(credit goes to these guys, without their hard work this ROM would not be possible) Preludedrew, Gojimi, Kornyone, The Cyanogenmod team, Leonnib4, roebeet, pershoot, and all the devs out there.

*YOU MUST DO A COMPLETE WIPE BEFORE FLASHING THIS ROM. If you get stuck on the "android" screen, in Clockwork, go to mounts and storage>format system and format data. Then wipe data/factory reset and wipe dalvik cache. Then reflash the Rom. YOU CAN NOT FLASH THIS OVER ANY OTHER ROM.

SAME AS TEAM DRH ROM..DO NOT LET YOUR TABLET SLEEP WITH THE USB PLUGGED IN TO YOUR COMPUTER.

This ROM is now V6 SuperCharged!!! The services.odex has already been modified and the all the needed files are included. Credit to Zeppelinrox. Go to his thread for more info: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276

To start the V6 SuperCharger:

1. Download and install a Terminal app
    2. Type: su and then click "ALLOW" on the SuperUser pop up
    3. Type: cd system/xbin
    4. Type: sh V6SuperCharger.sh
    5. Follow the prompts

**If you any audio issues, turn off GPS and then reboot the tablet

G-HARMONY ICS v1.6.2 V6 Supercharged(160 density)

G-HARMONY ICS v1.6.2 V6 Supercharged(120 density)

G-HARMONY ICS v1.5 V6 Supercharged
    G-HARMONY ICS v1.5 V6 Supercharged(120 density)

device-2012-05-16-213038.png

device-2012-05-16-212752.png

UPDATED(8/19)
    *Added SuperUser
    *Added Google Now

UPDATD(8/6)

*Updated to latest ICS 4.0.4 release from AOSP(4.0.4_r2.1)
    *Changed dalvik settings
    *Updated kernel to TeamDRH 1.3
    *Disabled the Google Setup at first boot
    *System is faster and more stable
    *Updated to lastest V6 supercharger services.jar/odex customizations
    *Added Jellybean screen animations

UPDATE(6/4)
    *Added V6 SuperCharger

UPDATE(5/29)
    *Different tweaks for better perfomance
    *All apks were optimized and Zipalighed
    *Dalvik settings were adjust for optimal perfomance
    *Downloads in the Browser no longer fails

UPDATE(5/16)

*ODEXed system
    *The ROM is now properly rooted
    *Removed the File Manager. It didn't work
    *Added a 120 LCD Density version

*AOSP ICS 4.0.4
    *Stock Launcher
    *Team DRH kernel(from beta 1.3). So HW acceleration works
    *GAPPS are included
    *build.prop tweaks for better performance
    *2 LCD density versions 120 and 160
    *Jellybean Screen Animations
    *All apks are ZipAligned at boot
    *Home,Menu, and Back soft keys are slightly theme to match the Asus TF Prime
    *Asus TF Prime Weather widget
    *Asus TF Prime Live Wallpapers
    *TNT TS Calibration(built with source, same as in the Gingerbread version)
    What does not work:
    *Camera
    *Microphone
    I've been running the 1.5 release successfully for some time, no problems. The 1.6, however, I can't install - after I flash it, I hang at the birds every time. I can flash everything else, no problem, just that one seems to make me hang.
    Try this:

1. Download both the 1.5 and 1.6 versions of G-Harmony ICS.
    2. Unpack both into separate dirs.
    3. Copy the boot.img file from 1.5 into 1.6.
    4. Zip up the 1.6 directory (now containing the old boot.img) to create a new update.zip file.
    5. Flash the update.zip as usual after doing a "wipe data/factory reset".

Are you on cwm 5.5.0.4 beta 15?
    CWM version is not relevant here.

Have you verified the checksum of the rom download?
    Also not very useful. If the zip file is corrupt, the ROM install usually won't start at all.

Did you format system and boot after factory reset but before flashing the new rom?
    Not required. Any new ROM install will do that.

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

I tried both quick boot and notification toggles. Both have a recovery option, but neither works. Tablet simply reboots. No recovery.
    Anyone else try?
    On ICS, reboot to recovery from the ROM might not work with 3rd party apps. See this post for why not.

And, even if it did, rebooting like that might get you stuck in a always-boots-into-recovery loop.

If you want to get into recovery, or the bootloader, on the gTablet, use the HW keys.
    v1.6 is finally up.
    Any luck with the issues the others have reported tj ?
    Thanks for your hard work on this ...

Yeah. Ive been busy with work lately. I will update soon.
    Just got it loaded up and running using DRH touch recovery Beta 15 without any issues. Process taken was booted into Recovery went to mounts and format cache, mount Data then Format Data, mount System then format System, went into Advance Cleared Dalvic Cache, and just to make sure since I don't have anything important on the internal SD I partitioned internal SD 2048/0. Then installed rom and went through the first initial setup. The only issue I am having is getting Superuser to work. Su binary vnull is what shows up in settings and no binary is showing. Tryed work around through CWM as suggested at the Androidsu.com/Superuser and CWM wouldn't load. Going to try adding the necessarily files on computer and see if it will work. Must have SU can't stand Density settings at 160 sorry.

I'll look into the superuser issue tonight. 120 is too small for me but I will upload a 120 version tonight.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium