[APP][2.3+]SENSE Bootscreen Changer v1.0

Search This thread

vsaravind007

Jun 19, 2010
Thiruvananthapuram
www.aravindvs.com
Hi everyone! :)

This is my first post here at the great XDA forums! Please bear with me if i made a mistake! :rolleyes:

Original Thread

Screenshot

attachment.php

Features
-> Ability To Change Bootscreen Of Sense Based Roms(only SENSE ROMs)
-> Checks Whether The Selected File Is A Valid Bootscreen File Before Replacing
-> Backs up Current Bootscreen File To The Folder /sdcard/SenseBsChanger/Backup
** More Coming Soon! **

What is Sense BootScreen Changer actually?
Well, as the name suggests, its a Bootscreen changer for HTC Sense based roms.

There are many apps for this purpose! Why did you made one?
There maybe many other similar apps! But none of them seems to work on Sense based roms since the location where the bootanimation file is stored in these roms are different. I've installed a Sense based rom on my HD2, everything was perfect except the bootscreen! :eek: I tried some bootscreen changer apps but they didn't do the trick! I had to manually replace the file using root explorer. Since i was a n00b on these kinda things, it seemed kinda hard :angel: but somehow i managed to get it done. It gave me an inspiration for making a simple app for this purpose because there could be others like me who wanted the same but failed!

Why SU Permissions are asked?
Because the bootanimation file is stored in the system directory, SU permissions are needed to replace the file.

Why Internet Permissions Are asked??
The program sends anonymous usage statistics about each released version to my server. The information sent does NOT contain any user specific data/personal data that can be used to trace back you! It just increments execution times on my server!

Backup Can Be Created But Can't Restore!??
Sorry! that functionality will be added soon! This was actually a learning exercise for me, this is my first android app! I'm a windows developer & i didnt had any idea about linux systems or android! I've started to catch up & further updates will be made soon as i learn more!

Feature Requests/Bug Reports
Feel free to report bugs or errors! Since this is my first app, there could be a ton of bugs! But, i've tried my best to release a stable version on to the public! Please suggest for new features also!

Tested on Android 2.3.5, should work on all greater versions!

Download APK File

-Thanks!
Aravind.V.S

Last edited:

elektrik2001

Jan 23, 2009
Moto G 5G
Just FYI. I tried it on the Sprint EVO 3D and the replace failed (probably because Sprint puts the boot animation in /system/customize/resource and calls it "sprint_bootanimation.zip")

Senacharim

Jun 20, 2010
Giving it a shot on my rooted HTC Amaze.

Can anybody recommend a good spot to get (or how to make) boot animations?

vsaravind007

Jun 19, 2010
Thiruvananthapuram
www.aravindvs.com
:)

Thanks Haeriz! :good:
elektrik2001, can you confirm that? Don't have any sprint devices to test! :eek:
@tjeannin, you should be able to get a screenshot of the bootscreen from where you download it from! :D
@Senacharim: Thanks! BTW, you can search the forums for bootscreens! Here is a link: Sensation Boot Animations. Its for HTC Sensation, but should work for your device too! :fingers-crossed: (I'm not responsible for bricks though!).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone! :)

This is my first post here at the great XDA forums! Please bear with me if i made a mistake! :rolleyes:

Original Thread

Screenshot

attachment.php

Features
    -> Ability To Change Bootscreen Of Sense Based Roms(only SENSE ROMs)
    -> Checks Whether The Selected File Is A Valid Bootscreen File Before Replacing
    -> Backs up Current Bootscreen File To The Folder /sdcard/SenseBsChanger/Backup
    ** More Coming Soon! **

What is Sense BootScreen Changer actually?
    Well, as the name suggests, its a Bootscreen changer for HTC Sense based roms.

There are many apps for this purpose! Why did you made one?
    There maybe many other similar apps! But none of them seems to work on Sense based roms since the location where the bootanimation file is stored in these roms are different. I've installed a Sense based rom on my HD2, everything was perfect except the bootscreen! :eek: I tried some bootscreen changer apps but they didn't do the trick! I had to manually replace the file using root explorer. Since i was a n00b on these kinda things, it seemed kinda hard :angel: but somehow i managed to get it done. It gave me an inspiration for making a simple app for this purpose because there could be others like me who wanted the same but failed!

Why SU Permissions are asked?
    Because the bootanimation file is stored in the system directory, SU permissions are needed to replace the file.

Why Internet Permissions Are asked??
    The program sends anonymous usage statistics about each released version to my server. The information sent does NOT contain any user specific data/personal data that can be used to trace back you! It just increments execution times on my server!

Backup Can Be Created But Can't Restore!??
    Sorry! that functionality will be added soon! This was actually a learning exercise for me, this is my first android app! I'm a windows developer & i didnt had any idea about linux systems or android! I've started to catch up & further updates will be made soon as i learn more!

Feature Requests/Bug Reports
    Feel free to report bugs or errors! Since this is my first app, there could be a ton of bugs! But, i've tried my best to release a stable version on to the public! Please suggest for new features also!

Tested on Android 2.3.5, should work on all greater versions!

Download APK File

-Thanks!
    Aravind.V.S