App to adjust colors?

Search This thread

.psd

Feb 7, 2011
Looking for an app/tweak/hack/kernel tuner/xposed module or whatever to adjust display colors. Franco's Color Controls only seem to adjust the high mids, and I need more control over mid-range and the tints of the gray-scale range.

Specifically, my display is orange-tinted from the low-mids to the mid-highlights. I need to make grays more neutral any color in the midrange less orange.

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
I'm so confused... I have Busybox and Trinity Kernel installed as well as purchased the trinity kernel tuner, and the color settings aren't listed under "tunables" like it shows on the play store. Also the Trickster Mod kernel tuner doesn't list color options. Neither Trickster nor Trinity tuners list color options on Franco Kernel or Trinity Kernel.

What do I have to do in order to tweak the colors? This yellow-tinted display is messing with my eyes :/

trickster mod only shows and supports whats available in the kernel, the trickster app does absolutely nothing on its own. and trinity doesnt include color control.. yet. and tkt app diesnt support color control at the moment either.

.psd

Feb 7, 2011
trickster mod only shows and supports whats available in the kernel, the trickster app does absolutely nothing on its own. and trinity doesnt include color control.. yet. and tkt app diesnt support color control at the moment either.

Thanks for the help. Turns out Trinity color control was for Nexus 4 only.

Well, do you have any idea what DOES work for color adjustment on the Nexus 5?

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
Looking for an app/tweak/hack/kernel tuner/xposed module or whatever to adjust display colors. Franco's Color Controls only seem to adjust the high mids, and I need more control over mid-range and the tints of the gray-scale range.

Specifically, my display is orange-tinted from the low-mids to the mid-highlights. I need to make grays more neutral any color in the midrange less orange.

Franco app has a lot of preloaded color profiles available, surely there must be one to your liking ;)

.psd

Feb 7, 2011
Franco app has a lot of preloaded color profiles available, surely there must be one to your liking ;)

You sure? I was using Franco Kernel and bought his FKU and it doesn't seem to have any profiles. It does have minimal and incredibly confusing settings to adjust gamma, but there's no explanation of what the settings do or how to use them, and from my trial and error it seems the settings only adjust the brightest color ranges (highlights and mid-highs). I made a thread about it. I'm very interested in finding a way to fix my displays colors...

EDIT: ok so I just found an app by Franco called Nexus Display Control. Will report back if it helps with my situation.

Last edited:

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
You sure? I was using Franco Kernel and bought his FKU and it doesn't seem to have any profiles. It does have minimal and incredibly confusing settings to adjust gamma, but there's no explanation of what the settings do or how to use them, and from my trial and error it seems the settings only adjust the brightest color ranges (highlights and mid-highs). I made a thread about it. I'm very interested in finding a way to fix my displays colors...

Sure man, go into the FKU app and choose color control and choose load a color profile and pick one. I liked Vomer_balanced a lot.

Last edited:

.psd

Feb 7, 2011
Sure man, go into the FKU app and choose color control and choose load a color profile and pick one. I liked Vomer_balanced a lot.

There are literally no profiles to load. Furthermore, that Nexus Display Control app is literally just Color Control module from FKU, which itself is only some miscelaneous gamma settings — far from full color control like it shows in the play store...

Is something wrong with my device? Am I doing something wrong? There's so much more to color control (as demonstrated by Franco's own pictures for his app in the play store) than a mere few gamma settings, so what gives? As I pointed out in the thread I made for FKU's color control, the negative and positive settings both seem to do exactly the same thing, and none of them affect anything besides highlights and high mids. I've been working on this since yesterday with the slowest internet connection of all time, I'm pulling my hair out trying to get to the bottom of this...

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
There are literally no profiles to load. Furthermore, that Nexus Display Control app is literally just Color Control module from FKU, which itself is only some miscelaneous gamma settings — far from full color control like it shows in the play store...

Is something wrong with my device? Am I doing something wrong? There's so much more to color control (as demonstrated by Franco's own pictures for his app in the play store) than a mere few gamma settings, so what gives? As I pointed out in the thread I made for FKU's color control, the negative and positive settings both seem to do exactly the same thing, and none of them affect anything besides highlights and high mids. I've been working on this since yesterday with the slowest internet connection of all time, I'm pulling my hair out trying to get to the bottom of this...

You look but you don`t see bro. Open FKU, choose color adjustments, choose load a color profile, choose import preloaded profiles and pick one. Thats it realy ;)

Reactions: .psd

.psd

Feb 7, 2011
You look but you don`t see bro. Open FKU, choose color adjustments, choose load a color profile, choose import preloaded profiles and pick one. Thats it realy ;)

You're exactly right! I thought that was the description of the popup, I never would have thought it was a button, wow... Thanks!

Ok so I guess what it comes down to is whether you (or anyone) knows how to access the rest of the color controls other than the miscellaneous gamma controls? For example, as depicted in the play store?

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen
You're exactly right! I thought that was the description of the popup, I never would have thought it was a button, wow... Thanks!

Ok so I guess what it comes down to is whether you (or anyone) knows how to access the rest of the color controls other than the miscellaneous gamma controls? For example, as depicted in the play store?

I bought this app but don`t use it realy, i just pick a preloaded profile i like and use that one :) But that app allows you to tinker with the settings and create your own profile.

Reactions: .psd

.psd

Feb 7, 2011
I bought this app but don`t use it realy, i just pick a preloaded profile i like and use that one :) But that app allows you to tinker with the settings and create your own profile.

Ok well thank you! Vomer_balanced seems to have neutralized my display quite nicely, but I'll probably play around quite a bit over the next few days. Hopefully others will contribute to the thread I made so we can make sense of the controls, and it would be really nice if someone found out how to access the rest of the color controls like it shows in the play store.

Again, thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.