Lesson for all---Flashing Radios and Pulling Batteries = Brick

Search This thread

zeke1988

Apr 9, 2010
if i call VZN and told them my phone suddenly turned off and cant turn it back on. will they give me or sell me a cheap refurbish phone?

Just take the phone in as it is now, say it died, and you'll get a FRU unit at the very least (my phone was only 2 days old when it bricked, went into a boot loop, before I took it in, I did the double-load of the leaked OTA, had the same symptoms as you did). They'll replace it, just don't mention rooted, ota's, or any of that, it just died. Had my replacement in about 3 days (not including the weekend that fell between them tho, lol).

As much as we pay Verizon for our fees, etc, I don't feel bad at ALL about getting mine replaced...

thanks, i will try.

zeke1988

Apr 9, 2010
on the phone with tech support. they are sending me a replacement overnight to me and sending the old one back. for free.

reason: just die and wont turn it back on.

will they find out about my brick/root and charge me?

Captchunk

Oct 5, 2008
Phoenix
on the phone with tech support. they are sending me a replacement overnight to me and sending the old one back. for free.

reason: just die and wont turn it back on.

will they find out about my brick/root and charge me?

That's a tough break man, but at least you are getting a quick replacement and hopefully it'll help other people from having the same issue. Thanks for posting your problem.

pozer69

Jun 8, 2010
wow, this is happening to a few people...add me to the list, my replacement is on its way also. My story goes like this, I started the update at work, got busy talking to people, I wasn't paying attention to the reboot cycles and after a couple of minutes of a black screen, I pulled my battery...bricked :eek:

ilinfinityil

Jun 11, 2010
so basically the moral of the story is to not be impatient or else you'll brick your phone.

that should be the idea everyone in the community keeps in mind anyways.

May 13, 2008
For the record, it is four cycles with the green "update" icon. Three without a status bar, and one short look at the icon with a status bar at the end.

I don't know why the updates took so long for the rest of you, combined it was less than five minutes on my phone. Might be advisable to make sure the SD card is empty with only the required file on each pass through Recovery.

Kulaa

Aug 23, 2008
It should be noted in the OP for flashing that it has to go through 3 steps when flashing the radio. Not to confuse people and cause bricks. I thought mine was in an endless loop until I noticed the third reboot was shorter then the first two.

What is that old infomercial saying " Just set it and forget it". When booted, play.

zeke1988

Apr 9, 2010
I got my replacement!! rooted!

is there a way to find out its an AMOLED or TFT screen?

CaptainTaco

Jun 10, 2010
I got my replacement!! rooted!

is there a way to find out its an AMOLED or TFT screen?

Cover the lens, take a photo, view the photo in full screen in a pitch black room, if the screen produces light, TFT, no light, AMOLED. (if your stupid menu, back, home, search buttons are shining with furry, try to cover them.

zeke1988

Apr 9, 2010
Cover the lens, take a photo, view the photo in full screen in a pitch black room, if the screen produces light, TFT, no light, AMOLED. (if your stupid menu, back, home, search buttons are shining with furry, try to cover them.

tried to cover those 4 keys, but still little light shining out. any way, i think i got a AMOLED! :)

pozer69

Jun 8, 2010
I thought the Incredible wasn't switching to the Sony LCDs anyway? At least... HTC only confirmed it for the Nexus One and the Desire.

Thats what she said!
Verizon rep told me the same thing, droidx and incredible are NOT switching to lcd screens, but we all know how reliable those sources are.

TrailBlazer31

Jun 13, 2010
North Dakota
tried to cover those 4 keys, but still little light shining out. any way, i think i got a AMOLED! :)

Honestly can't believe no one thought of this.

To tell if it is amoled or tft, take your incredible outside. If you can see the screen you got tft, if not. AMOLED! Lol.

Also you may want to consider doing what I do. Buy a case for your phone that is a pain in the a$$ to take off (like a 2 piece snap case. Mine sucks so bad to take off, that I would much rather NOT have to. I will just wait it out. So when you go to pull the battery, you REALLY have to think to yourself...."do I really want to do this?".

Good luck man.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

shortbushemi

Oct 22, 2007
u know verizon has to be going "why are all these incredibles not turning on all of a sudden" lol

and easy way to tell if its TFT or AMOLED... look at it. if u can't tell the difference between AMOLED or TFT, does it really matter??? and for the record I can tell the difference by looking at it. AMOLED is much more vivid and contrast

and for the record, i can see my inc out in broad daylight just fine.. and I live in florida... i guess some people with these phones must be blind.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    explain exactly what you did, and what it did. as much detail as possible.