Phone volume problem solved

Search This thread

tripp

Aug 1, 2008
Hi!

I love my Diamond, but it has one big problem - I wasn't able to hear it in noisy environments. I realized, that poor sound is somehow related with AudioPara3.csv file in Windows directory. I made some tests with this file and whoaaa... my phone is quite louder now. Now I wish to share it with you. Unzip the file, overwrite the old file with the new one in the Windows folder (make backup before) and soft reset the device. You must hear the difference.. :)

Attachments

• AudioPara3_lighter_boost.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 12,233
  • AudioPara3_Original.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 6,428
  • AudioPara3_full_boost.zip
    4.9 KB · Views: 12,729
Last edited:

arix

Feb 24, 2007
I didn't test your file yet, I m sure it maye help, but I made some tests with CorePlayer by change the equalizer parameters and got little bit more volume but with distortion ,seems like the main problem is the speaker itself....

tripp

Aug 1, 2008
I didn't test your file yet, I m sure it maye help, but I made some tests with CorePlayer by change the equalizer parameters and got little bit more volume but with distortion ,seems like the main problem is the speaker itself....

AudioPara3.csv file contains volume and gain values for speaker and microphone. I've tested it, and by raising volume values to the maximum - nothing happened, by raising gain values to the maximum- volume is louder. IMO this is maximum, that Diamond's poor speaker can produce. I am satisfied with it, maybe someone can do more tests and get better result.
Btw, all sounds are louder now: ringtone, speakerphone, system volume, music playback, etc.

korytr

Jul 5, 2008
I tried this and it really sounds like massive quality loss. This has to be tweaked much more.

sibbor

Jul 28, 2008
sibbor.nu
Thanks! Will try this out. If it works out well I would love to see this tweak/fix implemented in some cooked ROM's ^^
EDIT: This works out great! A bit load sometimes, and I can't lower the volume, but atleast I hear the phone ringing now :p

Last edited:

devish85

Jul 30, 2008
help

can u help me add audio para 3 files into my windows....i mean can u tell me all the step how to do to get audio para 3 files......thank you

josvasanth

Aug 14, 2008
folks
i tried the total commander...
I was able to mke a backup of the existing file
but not able to copy the new file attached...
any detailed steps s very much appreciated..

VK

mmak310

Sep 20, 2007
mine is actually too loud, even on the lowest setting people around me can hear my conversation. can I use the same procedure to accomplish the opposite?