Surface RT + Touch cover 2

Search This thread

2new

Jan 4, 2006
Vestby
Hi

I have the first Surface RT and I bought at Touch Cover 2. But I have a problem; When I flip the keyboard all the way back, and lay the Surface flat, the screen goes black (sleep), same as if I close the the cover the normal way. If I only put one finger between the backside of the Surface and the Touch cover, there is no problem.

Someone els with this problem or should I return it and get a new one ?

cx1

Aug 14, 2007
Hi

I have the first Surface RT and I bought at Touch Cover 2. But I have a problem; When I flip the keyboard all the way back, and lay the Surface flat, the screen goes black (sleep), same as if I close the the cover the normal way. If I only put one finger between the backside of the Surface and the Touch cover, there is no problem.

Someone els with this problem or should I return it and get a new one ?

I've had 2 RT with 2 different touch cover v1 do the same thing. Personally hoping they sell out the RT so I can get a replacement of a Surface 2. My RT is frustratingly slow to use now and various apps tend to crash it. Getting sick of wiping it every other month.

jimmielin

Oct 21, 2011
Beijing, China
I've had 2 RT with 2 different touch cover v1 do the same thing. Personally hoping they sell out the RT so I can get a replacement of a Surface 2. My RT is frustratingly slow to use now and various apps tend to crash it. Getting sick of wiping it every other month.

It's hardly unlikely they will be replacing RTs with 2s soon - they have lots of unsold inventory they'd like to get rid of, and I've pushed support for multiple times for annoying issues on the RT that are clearly related to the hardware design itself (or the slow Tegra 3 processor), but I'm on my 6th replacement and they still insist on replacing my RTs with RTs that are bound to fail with the same issue as soon as they arrive.

I'd say our warranties would run out prior to Microsoft running out of their RTs - you might get better luck if you live in the EU or China where there are 2-year warranties enforced by law, but otherwise, early adopters will soon be out of their luck.

cx1

Aug 14, 2007
It's hardly unlikely they will be replacing RTs with 2s soon - they have lots of unsold inventory they'd like to get rid of, and I've pushed support for multiple times for annoying issues on the RT that are clearly related to the hardware design itself (or the slow Tegra 3 processor), but I'm on my 6th replacement and they still insist on replacing my RTs with RTs that are bound to fail with the same issue as soon as they arrive.

I'd say our warranties would run out prior to Microsoft running out of their RTs - you might get better luck if you live in the EU or China where there are 2-year warranties enforced by law, but otherwise, early adopters will soon be out of their luck.

I paid for the extra year of warranty so it may happen at some point. The MS rep I got it from even stated the unit would be replaced by whatever the current model was. I think if the RT wasn't such a flop that would be the case.