[DRIVER] 2-Way In-Call recording on X1

Search This thread

ultrashot

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
Driver posted below is only for X1. Don't install it on other devices!!!

Don't know where should I post it, but I think it is more suitable for ROM Dev forum.

Everyone who tried to record calls on X1 knows that our phone records only YOUR voice,
and you hear your friend's voice badly. Driver posted below fixes this problem.

Installing:
0) Full backup (use SPB Backup, for example)! I don't take any responsibility for broken phones!
1) Install driverwiz_2wayrecording.cab
2) Soft-Reset

After that you'll get "Record" menu item during calls, also you will be able to use third party recorders like Resco Audio Recorder, Vito Audio Notes and so on.

Quality isn't as great as when you record only one line, but it is much better than it was before.

You are free to use this driver in your ROM if:
1) post a link to this topic and write a little patch's description in one of the first posts of your topic.
2) write author's nickname ("ultrashot" :D )

UPD (5th of september):
Added cab made by DriverWiz util, with it you don't have to install NewSDKCerts.cab, so it means less problems with certificates.

7th of september:
deleted old cab and certs, use only driverwiz created one.

v1.2:
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8434567&postcount=44

Attachments

• driverwiz_2wayrecording.cab
    645.9 KB · Views: 2,042
Last edited:
Reactions: Fennesz

st3v3nhai

Nov 5, 2008
anyone using energy rom tested this driver yet? please specify your rom and version used to test this driver. I'm going to backup my energy rom b4 test this one now :) thnks ultrashot

ultrashot

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 26, 2009
St.Petersburg
yesternova, it is only for X1, that's why it is posted in X1 section.
Ethermind means that vulcan's dialer doesn't have "record" button in dialer (he tests it on X1)

womanizerzz

Oct 23, 2005
Thank you. My phone was ok with new cab, I dunno why i had problem with installed sdkcert.cab

Muo

Aug 22, 2009
IL
ultrashot this is awesome! Unfortunately for me a bit to late as I have moved from the X1.

inuli

Jun 19, 2010
2-way-In Call for X1/plz specify engines for which these drivers are!...

Hello,
onto my Leo HD2 these drivers caused a complete fail of sounds, even phone didn't ring any more. So I had to perform a hard-reset, thus wasting my time. Fortunatedly Iade a complete system-backup before installing these not-functionning drivers. Please be so kind to tell in future, for which phones your drivers are written for. Thanks!! Inuli

williyung

Feb 1, 2009
Medan
826x.blogspot.com
Hello,
onto my Leo HD2 these drivers caused a complete fail of sounds, even phone didn't ring any more. So I had to perform a hard-reset, thus wasting my time. Fortunatedly Iade a complete system-backup before installing these not-functionning drivers. Please be so kind to tell in future, for which phones your drivers are written for. Thanks!! Inuli

That's completely your fault!!! Didnt you see the tittle say "[DRIVER] 2-Way In-Call recording on X1" ????:rolleyes:

On HD2 you dont need to modify the driver, just add this key and it should work!
[HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\WaveDev]
MixModeRecord=1

Last edited:

quetzalquatl

Aug 2, 2008
Constanta
www.spritmonitor.de
Work on Jack's 5.x ROM too. Any idea how to decrease a little bit the other party voice level? It is recorded way to loud with too much distortions leaving no room for my voice. It's like 130% with 70% ! Maybe a tweak in registry or something? Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Driver posted below is only for X1. Don't install it on other devices!!!

Don't know where should I post it, but I think it is more suitable for ROM Dev forum.

Everyone who tried to record calls on X1 knows that our phone records only YOUR voice,
    and you hear your friend's voice badly. Driver posted below fixes this problem.

Installing:
    0) Full backup (use SPB Backup, for example)! I don't take any responsibility for broken phones!
    1) Install driverwiz_2wayrecording.cab
    2) Soft-Reset

After that you'll get "Record" menu item during calls, also you will be able to use third party recorders like Resco Audio Recorder, Vito Audio Notes and so on.

Quality isn't as great as when you record only one line, but it is much better than it was before.

You are free to use this driver in your ROM if:
    1) post a link to this topic and write a little patch's description in one of the first posts of your topic.
    2) write author's nickname ("ultrashot" :D )

UPD (5th of september):
    Added cab made by DriverWiz util, with it you don't have to install NewSDKCerts.cab, so it means less problems with certificates.

7th of september:
    deleted old cab and certs, use only driverwiz created one.

v1.2:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8434567&postcount=44