[USB Drivers] Galaxy S GT-I9000 (Working on ICS)

Search This thread

METEMEDO

Jul 26, 2011
Hello.

And bacon and spam:
I've recently upgraded my SGS to ICS (ICSSGS ROM) and started to develop a simple application.
So, now i've got to the point that the emulator starts to show its limitations, so i need to debug directly on the real device.
Well, i've been trying to make ADB recognize my phone, tried several usb drivers from several sites, none of them worked.
After several hours spanking windows, it's finally working (yes! almost 6 AM in the morning!).

What matters:
So, to anybody who have the same problem as i had, do the following:

0. Uninstall any drivers that you've tried before.

1. Extract the zip file that i've uploaded to anywhere you like.

2. Enable debugging on your phone and connect it to PC throught the USB cable
(Just connect it, don't mount)

3. On your computer, click Start -> Right click on "Computer" -> Manage
This will open the "Computer Management" window (it might take some seconds to load).

4. Click "Device Manager". Now you should find your device in the list. It must be really easy to find. It's called something like "GT-I9000" or "GalaxyS" and it has a yellow warning sign next to it.

5. Right click on it and choose "Update Driver Software". In the window that appears, choose "Browse my computer for driver software". It then asks you where is the driver.

6. Click the "Browse" button and choose the folder you extracted from my zip file.
(If you didn't change it, it must be called "Android Composite ADB Interface")

7. Click "Next" and cross your fingers. If you're lucky, it may work for you.

Final notes:
1. I'm not responsible for ANYTHING. Whatever you do, it's your own choise to do it. I guarantee absolutely nothing. :D
2. This is was tested on Windows 7 - 64 bits with Team ICSSGS RC4.2 ROM and Semaphore ICS 0.9.1 Kernel.
3. Have fun.
4. If you try this, please answer the topic and tell everybody if it's working for you (mentioning your Windows version and what ROM you use).

Driver file:
-> http://www.mediafire.com/?t8ekrd9ly3mwwbk

Last edited:

war6

Mar 14, 2012
Missing file when installing driver on windows 7 x64

Hi,

I have recently installed the most recent Dark Knight ICS 4.0.4 build to my Samsung Galaxy S. The ROM seems very good but I'm an android app developer and need to be able to debug my applications on the device via USB.

I have tried the driver provided in the thread which won't install due to a missing file according to the Windows 7 x64 driver install wizard. The exact message is displayed after step 7 and says:

"Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it."

"Android Composite ADB interface"

"The system cannot find the file specified".

Is there a file missing in the package? Has anybody managed to get this driver working?

Cheers,

Ben

Cooolboy

Feb 7, 2011
I have the same problem, but with WIndows 7 32 bit. Drivers from discusion doesn't work. Don't you have some for 32 bit?

I found SDK Components on developer.android.com, where is Android driver which suppose to work, but unfortunately ODIN still do not see phone.

Last edited:

bestjsg

Aug 11, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
I also have the same problem but mine is worse because my phone is completely down after I tried to restore from a GB ndriod backup failure , phone won't boot , cannot boot into recovery only in download mode but no way my 4 x computers would detect the phone now ....tried using heimdall in linux as well as sdb, no go....so sad...help...

Sent from my Dell Streak using XDA

RazorNova

Oct 23, 2010
Jyväskylä
Using Google USB drivers finally worked for me. They can be optionally installed with Android SDK using SDK manager (extras). After installation drivers can be found in <sdk>\extras\google\usb_driver.

Just follow the instructions in the first post to find your device from device manager with exclamation mark. Need at least one reboot to work and I also redirected the driver installation process to Google usb driver directory but now ADB finally recognizes my SGS (MyICS, Android 4.0.3).

Edit: Operating system Vista 64-bit

[Currently stuck in "error: device not found" while trying adb push -command. I will update if I find a workaround. Probably something to do with inf-file.]

For alternate .inf -file (optional):

Google "usb-drivers-not-working-after-flash-latest-rom-ota" and see post #12 to see alternative inf-file. Some have managed to make adb recognize the device with that file, but I have at least this far been unsuccessful.

Edit: Problem above was caused by me being stupid and trying to use push in shell, which caused phone unable to locate host system folders. I don't know if that inf file has anything to do with drivers working now, but go ahead and try it if doesn't work with the original .inf

Last edited:
Reactions: livekrad

kumar rocky

Apr 25, 2012
USB option has been lost in my galaxy s

Using Google USB drivers finally worked for me. They can be optionally installed with Android SDK using SDK manager (extras). After installation drivers can be found in <sdk>\extras\google\usb_driver.

Just follow the instructions in the first post to find your device from device manager with exclamation mark. Need at least one reboot to work and I also redirected the driver installation process to Google usb driver directory but now ADB finally recognizes my SGS (MyICS, Android 4.0.3).

[Currently stuck in "error: device not found" while trying adb push -command. I will update if I find a workaround. Probably something to do with inf-file.]

Google "usb-drivers-not-working-after-flash-latest-rom-ota" and see post #12 to see alternative inf-file. Some have managed to make adb recognize the device with that file, but I have at least this far been unsuccessful.

Edit: Problem above was caused by me being stupid and trying to use push in shell, which caused phone unable to locate host system folders. I don't know if that inf file has anything to do with drivers working now, but go ahead and try it if doesn't work with the original .inf

What should i do after instaling SDK

gawcio

May 24, 2012
The very important thing is that newest Google USB driver is in
Code:
[B]<android-sdk>/extras/google/usb_driver/[/B]
location, not in
Code:
<android-sdk>/usb_driver

It really makes the difference ! :)

Reactions: leoon and afterglow
these drivers only worked once...
all the other times killing and starting over adb i was getting error messages like "device not found" and "protocol fault" even though adb devices was listing the device online.
apparently i connected the phone to another USB3 port on my pc (front panel) and that was it!! it now works every time i type adb shell or adb devices.i no longer get any error messages.rather weird

anyway..i also wanted to be up to date with everything so i uninstalled all related software like the older java 6 jdk, Android SDK and the drivers mentioned above.
i followed the procedure below and installed all the latest packages:
latest java 7u5 JDK, the latest Android SDK (nstaller_r20.0.1-windows.exe) then ran sdk-manager and loaded http://developer.android.com/tools/extras/oem-usb.html#InstallingDriver google USB drivers rev 6. then installed these drives so i got the ADB composite interface on my device manager and it all works fine now.
:)

Last edited:

mucski

May 25, 2010
Bordeaux
mucski.net
I recenelty installed latest ICS , and SDK recognizes my phone as ACER ADB , when I'm pretty sure its a Samsung I9000 . I tried uninstalling the ACER ADB and install the one that the guy posted in the first post , and it didn't work , it said this driver is not compatible , oddly it reinstalled ACER ADB though. I can't even uninstall it at all , I removed all my Samsung drivers , and everything else I installed for Samsung , and its still there , I even tried removing the GOOGLE USB drivers , still there.

Neendless to say that the phone doesnt connect to the PC at all even though it says everything is alright. For example i got ths gPAD app , which uses the USB with Debugging to turn the phone into a mouse , but it says its not connected even though it is.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello.

And bacon and spam:
    I've recently upgraded my SGS to ICS (ICSSGS ROM) and started to develop a simple application.
    So, now i've got to the point that the emulator starts to show its limitations, so i need to debug directly on the real device.
    Well, i've been trying to make ADB recognize my phone, tried several usb drivers from several sites, none of them worked.
    After several hours spanking windows, it's finally working (yes! almost 6 AM in the morning!).

What matters:
    So, to anybody who have the same problem as i had, do the following:

0. Uninstall any drivers that you've tried before.

1. Extract the zip file that i've uploaded to anywhere you like.

2. Enable debugging on your phone and connect it to PC throught the USB cable
    (Just connect it, don't mount)

3. On your computer, click Start -> Right click on "Computer" -> Manage
    This will open the "Computer Management" window (it might take some seconds to load).

4. Click "Device Manager". Now you should find your device in the list. It must be really easy to find. It's called something like "GT-I9000" or "GalaxyS" and it has a yellow warning sign next to it.

5. Right click on it and choose "Update Driver Software". In the window that appears, choose "Browse my computer for driver software". It then asks you where is the driver.

6. Click the "Browse" button and choose the folder you extracted from my zip file.
    (If you didn't change it, it must be called "Android Composite ADB Interface")

7. Click "Next" and cross your fingers. If you're lucky, it may work for you.

Final notes:
    1. I'm not responsible for ANYTHING. Whatever you do, it's your own choise to do it. I guarantee absolutely nothing. :D
    2. This is was tested on Windows 7 - 64 bits with Team ICSSGS RC4.2 ROM and Semaphore ICS 0.9.1 Kernel.
    3. Have fun.
    4. If you try this, please answer the topic and tell everybody if it's working for you (mentioning your Windows version and what ROM you use).

Driver file:
    -> http://www.mediafire.com/?t8ekrd9ly3mwwbk
    The very important thing is that newest Google USB driver is in
    Code:
    [B]<android-sdk>/extras/google/usb_driver/[/B]
    location, not in
    Code:
    <android-sdk>/usb_driver

It really makes the difference ! :)