usb tethering direct from phone to xbox 360

Search This thread

stephen.brader

please can someone tell me if there is a way to use usb tether my htc wildfires internet directly from phone to xbox with no pc inbetween as this should speed up connection and fix the nat type. if this isnt possible please tell me a way to change the nat type when i use wifi tether on my phone to get xbox live

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using XDA App

project.self

Sep 5, 2011
Greenville
Even if there was a way to do so, I don't think it would be really worth it. It's like trying to connect to XBL using dial-up; super slow more than anything.

stephen.brader

when i use wifi tethering the very few games it lets me join due to strict nat type have bareley any lag especially if its a good host with fast internet. it isnt as slow as dial up as i get 3g signal which is way faster than edge/gprs so if i only got edge/gprs then the speed,would be dial up speed and wouldnt even connect to a game even with open nat type i bet. all i want is an easy way to open the nat type cos i get quite fast internet. also the sound from people talking in party,game chat etc bareley gets crackeled up which you would expect with this connection. someone needs to develop an app to open the nat type and if it has already been done, someone please upload it and post it here.

kaneno

Apr 3, 2014
hope

please can someone tell me if there is a way to use usb tether my htc wildfires internet directly from phone to xbox with no pc inbetween as this should speed up connection and fix the nat type. if this isnt possible please tell me a way to change the nat type when i use wifi tether on my phone to get xbox live

I Know. This an old post. But i was wondering the same thing.. This is my set up i share my wifi with my naber we both have the xbox one and the 360 we Had some isuses with smart glass because. Of this tho so i Just ran an ethenet. Cable qq laptop to xbox one. Ect..But ther is only. One Out for ethenet on my laptop. So no live for 360 so my thaughts wer this (could you not just
Buy a. Usb to ethenet. Connecter use an old android. Phone. Make. It connect to your home. Wifi. For speed isuse.? Would. This be to ezy? ) thaughts please. Thanks

Jimofblanca

Jan 24, 2016
I don't play gta5 live, but I need an internet connection to save game progress. My smartphone does not have WiFi, it does have Bluetooth and USB tethering. I've searched to see if Xbox 360 has Bluetooth capability. Nothing definitive yet.

allend66

Sep 8, 2014
Birmingham
This has me scratching my bonce too. I don't have internet at home but have a internal network in the house with wifi switch (for laptops, NAS and streaming media to xbox). The only internet I have is my all-you-can-eat data plan on 3 (UK).
I have easytether which connects laptop flawlessly but should also connect xbox 360 / Wii / ps3 but I get an MTU error on xbox. Annoying as I need to connect to Live! to update console and play a new game (also all my bought games revert to demo mode offline) Anybody got any progress on this?

Reactions: Jimofblanca

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This has me scratching my bonce too. I don't have internet at home but have a internal network in the house with wifi switch (for laptops, NAS and streaming media to xbox). The only internet I have is my all-you-can-eat data plan on 3 (UK).
    I have easytether which connects laptop flawlessly but should also connect xbox 360 / Wii / ps3 but I get an MTU error on xbox. Annoying as I need to connect to Live! to update console and play a new game (also all my bought games revert to demo mode offline) Anybody got any progress on this?