[Q] SGH-I747 Completely dead

Search This thread

root2006

Feb 24, 2013
Hi,

I recently rooted my phone (SGH-I747) this was two weeks ago. Everything was good no problem nothing at all. This morning I restart my phone and it will not start again. The battery was full charge and I tried other battery and does not work. There is no light when I try to charge it and there is no sign of life nothing at all. I tried to get into download mode but I could not. My question is there any hope that I can get my phone back I am really frustrating. :crying:

RPelham

Dec 19, 2012
Tampa
Try pulling the battery for 30 seconds. Reinsert the battery and see if your phone can boot.

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

Castaway78

Dec 30, 2010
Hi,

I recently rooted my phone (SGH-I747) this was two weeks ago. Everything was good no problem nothing at all. This morning I restart my phone and it will not start again. The battery was full charge and I tried other battery and does not work. There is no light when I try to charge it and there is no sign of life nothing at all. I tried to get into download mode but I could not. My question is there any hope that I can get my phone back I am really frustrating. :crying:

My condolences. Same thing happened to my phone today. I called up AT&T, and they referred me to a local AT&T Repair Facility. They tried what they could, but in the end, they swapped my phone out. I ended up losing all my stuff that wasn't backed up in the cloud. Not a lot, and mostly all replaceable... but annoying just the same.

RPelham

Dec 19, 2012
Tampa
My condolences. Same thing happened to my phone today. I called up AT&T, and they referred me to a local AT&T Repair Facility. They tried what they could, but in the end, they swapped my phone out. I ended up losing all my stuff that wasn't backed up in the cloud. Not a lot, and mostly all replaceable... but annoying just the same.

Its unfortunate, but the galaxy s3 is known for "sudden death".

root2006

Feb 24, 2013
Try pulling the battery for 30 seconds. Reinsert the battery and see if your phone can boot.

I almost tried every possible solution on the internet and non of them works. I did try this but does not help. it is not booting at all.

Last edited:

RPelham

Dec 19, 2012
Tampa
I had iPhone for more than three years and I never had a problem. I just got this phone last month I think I will go back to iPhone.

lol. I had an iPhone since the first gen came out. switched to this device and will never look back.

FYI: I've had defective iphones too. There will always be a defective device from someone. no mfg is perfect. Hardware fails, it isn't anyone's fault. Its why there are return policies and warranties. I've taken my iphones for replacements and I've taken my android phones in for replacements.

P.S. If you had more than one bad experience with the same product I would understand your frustration. However, switching to a less powerful phone because of one bad experience is absurd.

root2006

Feb 24, 2013
lol. I had an iPhone since the first gen came out. switched to this device and will never look back.

FYI: I've had defective iphones too. There will always be a defective device from someone. no mfg is perfect. Hardware fails, it isn't anyone's fault. Its why there are return policies and warranties. I've taken my iphones for replacements and I've taken my android phones in for replacements.

P.S. If you had more than one bad experience with the same product I would understand your frustration. However, switching to a less powerful phone because of one bad experience is absurd.

My problems started from the day one. First time it did not accept my micro sim card and they replaced my phone and after one week the charger did not work and after one month they sent me a new one. now my phone is dead. Samsung customer service is the worse in this country I really had to fight with them just to send me a new charger. I will see what will happen tomorrow when I tell them that my phone is completely dead. :D