[Q] Help...not booting!

Search This thread

MrsDLA

Nov 11, 2012
Hi guys, I hope you can help....my phone has the latest cyanogenmod ROM installed and all has been running well...until today.I had the phone on charge and when I tried to boot it was getting stuck on the 'samsung galaxy s iii GT-I9300' screen..I have rebooted to recovery cleared cache, delvik cache and installed the ROM again, rebooted and still not working, so I repeated the same steps but also done factory reset, still the same. I have tried to connect the phone to pc but it is failing to load MTP usb drivers ....which I think is a unrelated issue.
I'm sure I should be able to get it going via recovery, have been trying all day...is there something I should be doing that I haven't tried already?
Hope somebody can help as I'm pulling my hair out!
Thanks in advance.
Donna

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Is product name blank in download mode, if yes then you have SDS and need a new motherboard. If no then flash stock rom using odin after full wipe and format of system & data, factory reset in recovery after flash and see if it boots.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Simonna

Apr 8, 2013
If you can go into recovery mode, it's not SDS, if you have backup just restore it, or go into download mode and flash stock Samsung firmware.
Make sure that you have latest Samsung drivers on your computer installed.Good luck. ;)

MrsDLA

Nov 11, 2012
Hi guys...
Thanks for the replies, I'm in the process of downloading the latest stock ROM, I didn't realise it was such a big file 800+MB!

Donna

MrsDLA

Nov 11, 2012
still no luck

Hi guys,
I tried to reflash stock via odin and kies but still the phone is stuck on the samsung logo...so I tried reflashing CM 10.2 but its still the same....I really dont know what else to try...any help would be appreciated.

Donna

Jumaqidi

Dec 3, 2013
If you can go into recovery mode, it's not SDS, if you have backup just restore it, or go into download mode and flash stock Samsung firmware.
Make sure that you have latest Samsung drivers on your computer installed.Good luck. ;)

It is possible to have sds even if u can boot into recovery.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Simonna

Apr 8, 2013

Well,as much as I have read about SDS, you can't go into recovery mode,you can go only into download mode and there is blank product name.So maybe to OP it's a different situation, and to OP I would suggest to check if product name on download mode isn't blank.

Reactions: tallman43

tallman43

Aug 29, 2011
The Land of Android

Unfortunately not :)

1) Complete eMMC failure. This usually happens over night whilst on charge* - The LED may be lit but the phone will not wake. Subsequent removal of the battery will turn off the LED. You will never get the LED back on. The phone will never turn on again. It needs to go to a service centre and have the motherboard replaced

* Being on Charge is NOT the cause. This is a writing to memory issue and it is more likely to happen when teh device is awake rather than in deep sleep. When the S3 is on charge, it holds a wake lock (so remains awake) throughout the entire charging period, meaning SDS is more likely to occur when on charge This does not mean you should avoid charging your phone. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen

2) Half SDS as it has not-so-affectionately become known. This tends to be more of a boot loop of the Samsung boot splash. the eMMC is partially wiped out. You cannot boot into android or recovery . It fails at the boot screen, but the screen does turn on none-the-less. The only; thing you can do is top boot into Download mode.

MrsDLA

Nov 11, 2012
Hi guys

Just to clarify, the product name on download mode isn't blank....and yes I tried the reset after loading from odin.

Donna

G

GuestX0020

Reflash and turn it on and wait for some time, dont pull out battery, just wait, nothing to lose :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Well,as much as I have read about SDS, you can't go into recovery mode,you can go only into download mode and there is blank product name.So maybe to OP it's a different situation, and to OP I would suggest to check if product name on download mode isn't blank.