4.4.2 BloatWare

Search This thread

Sezmar

Aug 24, 2010
Dayton
Has anyone noticed how much they have moved it around. I mean not only is it in /data/data/ /data/etc/ /system/app/ and other places, they now put in /system/priv-app/ and others. They are really trying to hide it this time lol. I was think of putting a new list together if people are interested.

I do a lot of traveling, so it may take a few day before I can sit down to complete it.

TheKraken13

Jul 17, 2013
Has anyone noticed how much they have moved it around. I mean not only is it in /data/data/ /data/etc/ /system/app/ and other places, they now put in /system/priv-app/ and others. They are really trying to hide it this time lol. I was think of putting a new list together if people are interested.

I do a lot of traveling, so it may take a few day before I can sit down to complete it.

I'd love to see a list of where they put the bloatware and if possible a list of anything that you have removed without causing any issues. Thanks for your work on this!

Reactions: linuxtad

linuxtad

Aug 11, 2008
I vaguely recall reading an article or press release/quote that samsug had heard consumers and are scaling back on bloat with less forced installs on the S5. It seemed like shortly after that, new apps started appearing on my phone, as if to ratchet it up on S4 users...

In any case between Samsung, Google and Sprint I have over 40 apps disabled/frozen or uninstalled. It's beyond ridiculous at this point. :(

Last edited:

ekz13

Feb 10, 2009
Virginia
LG V60 ThinQ
what's everyone using to freeze, I'm trying to avoid having to rename them all to .bak or straight up deleting.. titanium? or something else..

CatFood

May 13, 2013
what's everyone using to freeze, I'm trying to avoid having to rename them all to .bak or straight up deleting.. titanium? or something else..

Could just disable the app in the app manager, quite a few allow it, those that don't can just change to.bak. That way if something is not working you can enable things later if something is misbehaving.

Last edited:
Reactions: ekz13

xfullmetal17

Jan 31, 2011
From my experience, it would appear that items in /system/app can be disabled through app manager, but not in /system/priv-app. I lasted maybe a week on the stock ROM and then flashed Cyanogenmod, so I don't know exactly if that's true or not.

mxmr

Jan 25, 2012
Wisconsin
You might want to check out this thread as it has given you a good head start, but it just doesn't include the sprint bloatware. I'd be interested to know what sprint specific apk's can be removed from stock NAE without messing up any of the network stuff.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You might want to check out this thread as it has given you a good head start, but it just doesn't include the sprint bloatware. I'd be interested to know what sprint specific apk's can be removed from stock NAE without messing up any of the network stuff.

I'd love to see a list of where they put the bloatware and if possible a list of anything that you have removed without causing any issues. Thanks for your work on this!

I just delete, remember some of the bloat is in /system/priv-app/

use your recovery choice to make a backup to your sd card

Could just disable the app in the app manager, quite a few allow it, those that don't can just change to.bak. That way if something is not working you can enable things later if something is misbehaving.