[Q]HTC Desire HD QHSUSB_DLOAD driver[brick caused by rom manager sdcard repartition]

Search This thread

xsdenied

Dec 18, 2010
Dear All,
After I did repartition sd-card with rom manager i can't boot my phone. I mean i can't even get to download or recovery mode. I think it also repartition internal sd too. Right now when I plug in to charge or usb even the red light does not turn on but windows 7 does recognize it as QHSUSB_DLOAD, if can find a driver I think I can flash it with odin but after several hours of searching I could not find any driver suitable for it. Can anybody help me with this?

xsdenied

Dec 18, 2010
I know but as I don't have that weird driver Odin does not recognize phone. So I need the drivers called qhsusb_dload...

xsdenied

Dec 18, 2010
I hope somebody can find solution to this problem, that we flash entire phone without recovery mode... if somebody has the driver please post it...

Sleipnir1985

Feb 2, 2011
Ya, I have the same issue.

I wasn`t able to find the driver for my device too. Sad Panda!

...seems like there`s no solution right now. I ll give it to HTC this evening if noone could give THE advice to repair it on my own.

Does anyone know why the desire is crashing when trying to use ROM Manager to partition the sd-card?

Reactions: kesz85

xsdenied

Dec 18, 2010
Well, I think I will give it to HTC a few hours later today seems to me there is nothing we can do about it.

Hawks556

Feb 11, 2011
All the drivers that are needed are installed with HTC Sync. Odin won't find your DHD because it's meant for Samsung phones (and even they have to be turned on in download mode). As your phones won't boot to either recovery or bootloader there's not much you can do.

xsdenied

Dec 18, 2010
You are right, I already sent it to HTC. I hope they don't recognize that it's rooted. But as it has already repartitioned the sd-inside, I don't think they will try to recover any data and try to understand it.

vcglmcg143

Jun 3, 2007
I don't know if this helps anyone...... I found the drivers for "QHSUSB_DLOAD" but I haven't been able to do much else. If anyone else finds a way to recover the device please post.

Attachments

• ZTE_C261_WinXP_32.rar
    491.8 KB · Views: 18,065
  • ZTE_C261_Vista_x86.rar
    491.5 KB · Views: 15,432
Reactions: aaurnab

BrooklynAvi

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 5, 2008
Brooklyn
www.mibapps.com
Koush confirmed that this was an issue with older versions of ROM Manager and has since been fixed. However, this happened toe yesterday using the latest recovery and the latest ROM Manager. He hasn't responded to me as of this post. A new phone is on its way from tmobile.

JSLEnterprises

Apr 26, 2011
Buenos Aires
Riff Box Jtaging recovery im guessing.

Now i Dont have riff box, but I have x64 drivers installed and working for the qualcomm port, and QPST sees the phone properly. The only thing im missing are the files to flash.

Edit:
If anyone is needing them; Attached are the x64 drivers for "qhsusb dload"

Last edited:

connexion2005

Feb 27, 2009
Texas
www.mobiletechvideos.com
You can't flash the phone when it's in CPU mode. The only devices that can really do that are the NVFlash units that are the Tegra 2 chipsets. From what I know, JTAG is required. And yes I use the RIFF box and advanced micro-soldering to recovery these particular models. The Desire HD is a very difficult phone to take apart and requires skill in small electronics to not damage components. Despite the build quality, HTC makes phones that are very difficult to dis-assemble.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Riff Box Jtaging recovery im guessing.

Now i Dont have riff box, but I have x64 drivers installed and working for the qualcomm port, and QPST sees the phone properly. The only thing im missing are the files to flash.

Edit:
    If anyone is needing them; Attached are the x64 drivers for "qhsusb dload"
    Yep, odin is probably the right program to use :rolleyes:
    Here's another thread with the same story.
    You are right, I already sent it to HTC. I hope they don't recognize that it's rooted. But as it has already repartitioned the sd-inside, I don't think they will try to recover any data and try to understand it.
    Actually I would only use Odin with Samsung...
    Ya, I have the same issue.

I wasn`t able to find the driver for my device too. Sad Panda!

...seems like there`s no solution right now. I ll give it to HTC this evening if noone could give THE advice to repair it on my own.

Does anyone know why the desire is crashing when trying to use ROM Manager to partition the sd-card?