[ROM][04/26/12] Virtuous Inquisition v4.0.2 :: AOSP-Experience Senseless ICS (4.0.3)

Search This thread

jazacoop

Dec 10, 2007
Melbourne
i despise FB so i got rid of it for good, but this might help...was posted a while ago, and RMK said it was just what he needed to fix this problem...give it a shot

http://android.modaco.com/page/news/_/android/enabling-facebook-sync-in-ice-cream-sandwich-r140

Thanks for that!

Am curious as to whether part or all of this fix has already been built into the Rom? You said RMK said it was just what he needed to fix the problem, so should I be following these instructions?

From what I can see, there is an apk to install and a script to place in /system/etc/init.d. It seems the sqlite3 binary is already present in /system/xbin.

I'd love some feedback from someone who has this working. Should I be following these instructions?

mgear356

Jun 13, 2008
really? thats strange...has it shown ANY yet? it is an unfortunate side effect of ICS-ports for the time being, but eventually it will show up...

something else that i found helped was open music app, connect to pc, pick data connect (not charge), wait a moment, disconnect and try again

EDIT** HAHAHA its doing it to me now too!

EDIT*** i cleared data again, no reboot. opened again, scrolled over to genres (far right) then kept scrolling right, and it populated again...give that a shot
Yeah bro, anyway now is to clear data after each reboot

Solidus_n313

Jul 3, 2010
Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
Thanks for that!

Am curious as to whether part or all of this fix has already been built into the Rom? You said RMK said it was just what he needed to fix the problem, so should I be following these instructions?

From what I can see, there is an apk to install and a script to place in /system/etc/init.d. It seems the sqlite3 binary is already present in /system/xbin.

I'd love some feedback from someone who has this working. Should I be following these instructions?

I assume he would, but I didn't see it in the change log...hopefully he can provide some insight later today

b3ndik

Jul 6, 2010
Norway
Can someone confirm if spotify is working on this rom now? Just download spotify from the market and see if it opens. All help appreciated :)

Sent from my MIUI.us Sensation XE using xda premium

typhex

Nov 9, 2009
Bielefeld
Sometimes my phone is vibrating but I have no clue why. Sometimes in normal use and sometimes in my pocket. Sometimes short vibration and others are 3 short vibrations. Did someone made the same experience or have any clue? Maybe it should be like that:confused:

Gesendet von meinem HTC Sensation mit Tapatalk

shnizlon

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2009

Attachments

• shot_Jan_11_2012_4.jpg
    shot_Jan_11_2012_4.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:

k8sh

Mar 26, 2010
I assume he would, but I didn't see it in the change log...hopefully he can provide some insight later today

I also have issues with fb not syncing pics. All I have are pics from contacts with Gmail. I did try removing the accounts, clearing app caches etc but it didn't work. The instructions for those are in the fix thread in case someone may have a better luck with it.

I hope rmk incorporates all the fixes found in the fixes thread. I also find it difficult to reinstall all fixes after a fresh rom install especially if the fix is not a flashable file since I have to weed through all the posts to find what bugs or fixes exist. Also, there are quite a number of posts in this thread with apks that most people are looking for or links to threads but are buried deep within the thread...and the search sometimes does not help much. Is it possible that those posts be incorporated in the OP as addons fixes etc? Like the dark mms apk, the volume wake apk, shnizlons mods, etc. I'm not demanding, just a mere suggestion so the thread may be a bit cleaner without the repetitive questions from those who do not usually follow the thread from first post to last post. I do try to catch up on posts every night but I'm pretty sure I have missed quite a few good ones here and there.

All in all, this is a really awesome rom. Thanks to rmk and team. Closest thing we are ever going to get to aosp icscon our sensation.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

Sleepytime28

Feb 9, 2010
I'm not sure if these bugs have been reported or not. First Bluetooth connects but audio only comes out of the phone speaker. Second I'm having problems with the xda app. It loads but when I open a thread it freezes and restarts.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using XDA App

anurbanlegend

Aug 29, 2007
Be careful of pointing to potential Warez.. Tapatalkpro is a paid application. I didn't want you getting possibly banned. You know how "strict" it is in these parts. LMMFAO. Seriously, Even on getjar it's been removed. But you're correct as it does work with ICS..
187e9c84-5d8c-1d09.jpg

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk

Thanks for your concern... but post #5 on http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1404420 is from the moderators and they said the GetJar gold apps are legit... Also download from PC if phone doesn't let you.

R3dox

Nov 26, 2009
Nope, I am already requesting the full desktop site, though I have such issues with the mobile site as well. Almost no text shows and this already happened on 1.4.2 as well, but because I went to the full site anyway, I didn't care.

Now it also happens on the full site, so now I do care and don't like it :p. Might be the site itself, though, as someone suggested, because I'm fairly sure that it was fine when I tested the website after flashing 2.0.0.

Also, I'm not really sure how those signal bars are actually "more function" considering they are fairly arbitrary and if you really want to know your signal strength, you should check the actual dB in the phone menu. As long as you get full bars you can also see whether it's blue (connection with google servers) or not, so basically you're not losing out on anything :p.

So now I flashed 2.0.1 over 2.0.0 without wiping and the website is rendered as it should again.

I noticed that the settings shortcut in the notification pulldown is gone, is that supposed to happen with the sense thing? If so, I'll definitely flash the AOSP one :p.

shnizlon

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2009
Reactions: oFcAsHeEp

mrg02d

Jul 3, 2011
Tallahassee
We need a way to adjust the soft key vibration....Its way too much punch and it isnt consistent. I used to use spare parts to just turn it off altogether, but now spare parts loads and looks like a tiny thumbnail of an app on my screen...Unusable.

Matt

anurbanlegend

Aug 29, 2007
We need a way to adjust the soft key vibration....Its way too much punch and it isnt consistent. I used to use spare parts to just turn it off altogether, but now spare parts loads and looks like a tiny thumbnail of an app on my screen...Unusable.

Matt

In the fixes thread they said try to disable gpu acceleration if you have it enabled and try the app again. Sorry can't test right now I'm in the middle of flashing my phone again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    inquisitionkopia.jpg

Virtuous Inquisition is a an ICS (4.0.3) Senseless ROM, meaning essentially all Sense components have been removed in favor of their AOSP counterparts. Everything except the camera app has been replaced. Any work, such as mods or fixes, you would like to contribute would be gladly accepted. The project has one goal, to provide a ROM which is as close-to-AOSP-ICS as possible.

• Based off the HTC 3.32.401.5 *release* base.

• Sense has effectively been removed. Some components may be coming back (such as the camera and music player), as they are better than their AOSP counterparts. I'll provide an option for purists who want AOSP-only-no-matter-what.

• Remaining HTC framework beautifully themed to match ICS by shnizlon.

• Stock kernel, not overclocked.

• Pre-rooted with the latest version of Superuser and modified ramdisk to allow adb remount, mock locations, etc.

• IO optimizations including the use of ext4 with writeback journaling for all mounts and larger read-ahead buffer for improved sdcard performance.

• Automated battery calibration. Just plug your phone in after a wipe and charge it to full (preferably overnight), then let our script do the rest.

• Over the air updates via ROM Manager.

More Information :: Download :: Change Log
    If you download, please take a moment to hit the "Thanks" button and rate the ROM.
    Report bugs, request features and follow general progress of the ROM nearly real time here:

Virtuous Development Tracker
    VI 4.0.2 Goodies by Socali

This post will kept updated with Fixes / Patches / Notes for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

=====

Important Kernel Files Reset for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

SebastianFM Kernel v1.4.1, which is included with VI 4.0.2, comes with Sebastian's own thermald.
    This thermald includes, in my opinion, extremely high temps settings. The problem is that those settings are hard-coded and are not read from the thermald.conf file.
    Other kernels are expecting the default thermald and not this custom one, so they are not overwriting it.

I strongly recommend flashing this before flashing any other kernel. Even in-between flashing different kernels, as different kernels might include other files that need to be replaced/removed.
    This patch will reset kernel related files that exist in the ROM's partition to the original HTC v3.32 default files.
    This does not include an actual kernel - you must flash a kernel after this patch and before rebooting the phone.

Download flashable: kernel-reset-vi402-socali.zip
    md5sum: e8453ea397855c3ecf42030734831a45

=====

Sebastian Kernel v1.30.2 Underclocked to 1.242Mhz for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

(This is the same kernel posted by me before, but in a new package that includes the Kernel Reset Patch, so you can simply download and flash one file.)

This is Sebastian Kernel v1.30.2 hexedited by me to underclock it to 1.242Mhz with a safer (or more conservative) thermald.conf file.
    This gives you kernel closest to the original HTC v3.32 one with Sebastian's MultiTouch fix and ZRAM support.
    I prefer keeping the CPU clock at 1.2mhz so that the CPU stays stable and cool and doesn't drain the battery as quickly.
    I hexedited it instead of recompiling so that I stay as close as possible to Sebastian's build.

Note: This kernel will give you lower benchmark scores (about 5700-5800 AnTuTu score on my phone). This is not a bug, it's a feature..

Download flashable: kernel-v1.30.2-uc-1.242mhz-socali.zip
    md5sum: b4f69d3be2ee48994e785160eb57c452

=====

Ultimate Quad Lockscreen v4 for VI 4.0.2 by Socali

96 Different customization combinations!
    New Aroma based installer - easier to install and choose the options you want.

Options include:
    1) Choose Full-ring (compatible with Accessibility) or Half-ring layout.
    2) Show/hide quadlock when pattern/PIN is set.
    3) Use Volume Keys to Wakeup the phone.
    4) Allow/disable notifications pull-down.
    5) Open one of the following apps:
    AOSP MMS, ChompSMS, HandcentSMS, GoSMS, PansiSMS, Google Voice.

Please note: 4Ext Touch Recovery is required for installation.

Download flashable: ultimate-quadlock-v4-vi402-socali.zip
    md5sum: 1f437396becb2f4847d56e04845d4491

=====

This is the result of hours of effort researching, fixing and testing. You're welcome! :)
    AOSP Phone With Mute Fix for VI 4.0.0 by Socali

AOSP Phone With Mute Fix for VI 4.0.0 by Socali

This is my fix to the AOSP Phone included with VI 4.0.0, that enables the mute button during calls.
    This one took a lot of time and research, but I finally got it! :D
    (For those who didn't know, the phone included in the rom does not mute - bug #984 on VI issue tracker)

Download flashable: aosp-phone-mute-fix-vi400-socali.zip
    md5sum: c14b5714b28e42232991c1694b91e526

This is the result of hours of effort researching, fixing and testing. You're welcome! :)