[APP][2.1+] Kii Keyboard 1.0 - An all new alternative android keyboard!

Search This thread

EVObastard

Jan 26, 2013
Philladelphia
We must be using a different Kii and Swiftkey... For me, Swiftkey's predictions are MANY times better and the forward prediction (next word) is very often correct too, saving me even more typing.

Swipe is just as accurate and doesn't type as much utter nonsense as Kii does, but again, we must be using different apps ;)
Haha that's so weird, just shows you how different an app can be from one device to another.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

banciii

Jul 26, 2012
Budapest
With Kii the main difference is not the functions, performance etc. but the language support. If you see a non-english, smaller language like mine, Hungarian, Kii is far more better than any other keyboard app, especially if we see the suggestions while typing or swiping. Much much more efficient.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Kii Keyboard is an all new alternative android keyboard!

●Main features:
    ★Smart and accurate predictions
    ★User defined text shortcuts
    ★Extra number row on top
    ★Extra arrow row on top
    ★Swiftkey like next word prediction
    ★Gesture keyboard control
    ★Swype like gesture input
    ★Thumb Keyboard like split keyboard layouts
    ★Support iOS6 emoji input
    ★8 build-in HD themes
    ★Support a variety of themes: Go Keyboard, Better Keyboard, Themeshop Keyboard themes
    ★Font and color customization
    ★Use any pictures as keyboard background
    ★True Multi-touch keyboard

●Support 34 languages:

kp64HJjY2OuZCjeAhDH_NUARM7INVdyibJvNZw3Ltt-qf7JWDpUCWS_5nEvUpyBuL8c=w124

Play store link to download:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zl.inputmethod.latin
    Yea I went to download on my new phone and couldn't find it either! Hope they can do an alternative link or something

private temporary: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6y9czqxVYzVYmJ0OWVKVlNmUjQ/view?usp=sharing
    I also have google running but only 31mb not 80 like you. Wonder what the google thing is?

Sent from GNII by TapII

Guys, memory usage in modern operating system are designed to be dynamic. The system is designed in such a way that it will give as much memory as needed to an app (up to some maximum) if it has the memory available, the allocated memory will remain even when they are not being actively used. When another app (or process) needs memory, the system automatically reallocate the unused memory from one app to this other app that needs them. This memory reallocation takes time so the system will not do it unless it's necessary.

This is why on some devices you see an app uses more memory and on some devices it uses less. For example, on mine phone, Kii Keyboard is currently using 20MB of memory. If you see an app uses a lot of memory, it may just mean the system has enough memory to go around and therefore does not need to reallocate unused memory from one app to another.

Monitoring an app's memory usage is the developers' problem, not something an user should be concerned about. From an user perspective, you should just be concerning about whether the app is performing well/smoothly, if it is, there's really no need to care about how much memory it uses.
    Kii keyboard is based off the android 4.2 keyboard, that's why you find many similarities between many of these ports. We are all trying to take the good ides from different keyboards and incorporate them, so yes many features are inspired by different keyboards on the market. I have definitely tried many of these alternative keyboards.

I've used the other JB keyboard and when I tried this one I presumed it was off the 4.2 base with improvements & additional options/features.

But, I haven't looked at the 2 we mentioned to compare menu by menu - are they that close?

--

EDIT: Trying to compare the three keyboards. They all even seem to have some different options of what they can & can't do (does the one by VLLWP have swipe like ability that I'm just missing?). Emoticon is on the enter key on two of them, and a letter on one. Long press on the period gives slightly different menus. Long press on the ?123 key is much better on the Kii keyboard.

So,to me, this doesn't look like a direct rip of one of the ones in the market - this looks like it started as a port of the 4.2 keyboard that he is trying to improve.

Of all 3, I'd stick with whoever keeps trying to improve on it, even if they all started as ports.
    I'm really missing ability to correct already made words. I mean swipe a whole SMS then you find a mistake, you click on bad words and choose another from the bar. Here I have to double click, delete and reswipe

Sent from my HTC Desire X using xda premium