[ROM][11.05.2012] Android Revolution HD™ 7.0.4 | HQ & Performance | O/C | Legendary

Search This thread

mario.a

Apr 7, 2008
Landscape Mode

Hi @ all,

im using this Custom Rom as my first custom rom ever, and i'm truely satisfied after uninstalling some stuff i don't need and giving the cpu some extra speed (i made this tweaks using rom toolbox).

but i do miss the landscape mode, on the homescreen when i use the hardware keyboard.
in most of the apps installed the landscape mode is working, but not on the homescreen.

does anybody knows how to fix this issue?

thanks in advance
greetz

masterismos

Sep 13, 2011
Nafpaktos
Hi @ all,

im using this Custom Rom as my first custom rom ever, and i'm truely satisfied after uninstalling some stuff i don't need and giving the cpu some extra speed (i made this tweaks using rom toolbox).

but i do miss the landscape mode, on the homescreen when i use the hardware keyboard.
in most of the apps installed the landscape mode is working, but not on the homescreen.

thanks in advance
greetz

Is not an issue. Sense 3.5 doesn't have rotate homescreen.

send from other space

masterismos

Sep 13, 2011
Nafpaktos
Which radio do you use with this ROM guys? I use .19 and battery life is horrible. It sucks 25% of battery in 2-3hrs in stand by mode, doing nothing

I use the same but every user is different. I leave in different country from you so isn't the same. Example .19 radio works fine for me but not for you. Check all radios in radio thread and find what is the best for you

send from other space

v3dran

Mar 19, 2010
Tuzla
I use the same but every user is different. I leave in different country from you so isn't the same. Example .19 radio works fine for me but not for you. Check all radios in radio thread and find what is the best for you

send from other space

Yes, but this radio worked excellent with other ROMs, no battery draining, nothing. I flashed WWE Vision Gb Sense now, so I'll se if there are some changes. Thanks anyway :)

bogdan5844

Jul 3, 2011
Bucharest
Hi @ all,

thanks in advance
greetz

Sense doesn't support rotating in the homescreen launcher. You might try an alternative launcher such as Go Launcher or ADW Launcher - find them in Google Play.

The stock Sense ROM on our devices was custom made in order to rotate. Probably that is one of the reasons HTC hasn't released any update apart from 2.3. It poses a supplimentary work to do.

Aresmar

Aug 16, 2011
@Aresmar

For general use, most of the time using ondemand is good enough. However, you did flash the unity kernel (version 10, right?) which has the smartassV2 governor. SmartassV2 is a governor based on the interactive one but has some major changes, one of which include an in-built sleep profile. I've found it to work well.

Although, for Sleep I would advice using either conservative or scary governors. Conservative speaks for itself I think, and scary is based of the conservative governor and scales like it, but works more like the smartass governor.

First of all thanks for your suggestions. :D

Unity v10 Doesn't have smartassv2 but has smartass and SavagedZen. I read that savaged zen is a modified smartassv2. So for wake I started using SavagedZen.

For the sleep governor as you suggested I may use scary governor.

Savagezen seems to fix the small lags and stutters when scrolling. Still there are a few stutters but I will test a while.

otariq

Feb 17, 2012
Is there a way to make hw keyboard changes like double space doesn't add a period and enter sends a text instead of space? Also can i remove the "En" symbol and the alt and shift symbols from the notification bar when using the keyboard? This is the first real sense rom ive used and its great so far. Good job to the devs. Just one thing was that the browser crashed my phone when trying to watch a video on tmonews.com. oh and also the www .com key isnt working is there a fix for that? Also what are u guys using to overclock

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

Last edited:

Steven How

Apr 14, 2011
Zofox!yashif! I think I know the problem with the sms! Go build prop search for ro_HIDDEN_APP_MIN_ADJ and change to 1 and the sms app will stay at oom value of 1...not get killed XD

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA

Reactions: zofox and yasirrfc

Aresmar

Aug 16, 2011
Anyone else is having a music stutter issue when playing mp3's from default player?
This happens after screen goes off and after a few stutters it doesnt happen. Can it be related to Sleep Governer? or sleep min max clocks?

masterismos

Sep 13, 2011
Nafpaktos
Anyone else is having a music stutter issue when playing mp3's from default player?
This happens after screen goes off and after a few stutters it doesnt happen. Can it be related to Sleep Governer? or sleep min max clocks?

when i am downoading something big (like a game) the speed with open screen is example 200kb/s when the screen is of the speed goes to 70kb/s and when i open the screen goes again to 200kb/s. i mean that set your sleep settings of cpu min 245 and max 700. if you have a progres in backround with screen off. i think the problem is the max speed of cpu in sleep mod.

Superfr34k

Mar 6, 2012
Use ROM Toolbox app. open it, switch one screen to the right and tap build.prop editor in there, you can edit the lines and in worse cases a backup of the original gets automaticly saved.

zofox

Jul 22, 2010
Parma
I do not find this in my build prop. Do you just add it? And if so exactly how should it be added. Typed exactly.

Sent from my HTC Vision using xda premium

Run supercharger sript, go in option.. After some setting it will ask you tu choose between local prop or build prop.. Choose buil... Go to system/ and u'll find it :p

inviato dal mio desire z. by zofox/zabak

dxaxn

Sep 5, 2008
Ok after two weeks of testing combination gosms, swap enabled, sch option 6 and 7, bulletprof gosms, I'm still losing sms...
I lived in dream that problem is only with stock messaging app.
I will try build prop asap
Thank you

Sent with bad english using XDA

Aresmar

Aug 16, 2011
when i am downoading something big (like a game) the speed with open screen is example 200kb/s when the screen is of the speed goes to 70kb/s and when i open the screen goes again to 200kb/s. i mean that set your sleep settings of cpu min 245 and max 700. if you have a progres in backround with screen off. i think the problem is the max speed of cpu in sleep mod.

I bought Sennheiser cx300-II precision earphones to enjoy music with my Desire Z. And yesterday after horrible music quality experience finally I have solved my problems.

Somehow the default sense music player is failing. I didnt change my OC setting just tried installing PowerAmp and listening music on it. There is no stutter problem. PowerAmp plays 200% better quality than beats audio and there is no stutter any lag or any low quality experience.

It is the default audio drivers or the sense music player itself thats causing the problem. I recommend everyone PowerAmp music player.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][11.05.2012] Android Revolution HD™ 7.0.4 | HQ & Performance | O/C | Legendary

I'M NOT DEVELOPER, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU TRANSFORM YOUR PHONE INTO A BRICK.

[ROM] Android Revolution HD™ 7.0.4 | High Quality & Performance | O/C | Legendary - xda-developers
    Android Revolution HD with HTC Sense 3.5
    Based on 1.05.401.4 HTC Sensation XL RUU with Android 2.3.5 & HTC Sense 3.5

System details:
    - Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread) - HTC Sensation XL RUU 1.05.401.4
    - This is improved version of stock ROM - no visual changes!
    - Very fast, clean & stable!
    - Full HTC Sense 3.5 Interface
    - Multi-language (WWE)
    - Arabic and Hebrew languages support! (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9213827&postcount=2)
    - For HTC Desire Z
    - Thanks to HTC for the base firmware
    - Thanks to JSLEnterprises for letting me use some components like part of the ramdisk and soundimages files

ROM details:
    - Removed software (CPU) rendering - full Andreno200 (GPU) rendering
    - Fully optimized and tweaked
    - ROOT (SU + SuperUser Permissions - Thanks to ChainsDD)
    - Newest BusyBox
    - RAM optimizations
    - Speed optimizations
    - Enabled GPU UI rendering
    - SD Card speed tweak
    - Data, cache and system partitions mounting tweaks
    - Battery auto-calibration script (Thanks to seo)
    - Bloatware applications removed (Amazon MP3, SoundHound, etc.)
    - All system applications updated to latest available
    - Improved camera performance
    - Advanced Power Menu and CRT Animation as extra add-ons
    - Zipaligned (Improved RAM management)
    - Zipalign on boot (for user applications on data partition)
    - Fully de-odexed
    - init.d scripts (BusyBox run-parts) support
    - sysro/sysrw commands support
    - Excellent battery life!
    - Device partitions mounted & formatted as fast EXT4 file system instead of EXT3
    - SD card EXT4 partition support
    - You can replace HTC boot animation with any custom boot animation
    - ...and many more!

Download

Android Rvolution HD v7.0.4: http://www.elektro-instal.com/napior/Android_Revolution_HD_7.0.4_vision.zip
    MD5: 373ca2f49fbecae1b5dbdf283bc8ffb7

Android Rvolution HD v7.0.2 Fixed: http://www.elektro-instal.com/napior/Android_Revolution_HD_7.0.2_visionV2.zip
    MD5: 6b92f05188df7f8b6c60f3653d7ae95d

Android Rvolution HD v7.0.2: http://www.elektro-instal.com/napior/Android_Revolution_HD_7.0.2_vision.zip
    MD5: 657758ab7ff2cf803688559814fc43c5

Android Rvolution HD v7.0.0: http://www.elektro-instal.com/napior/Android_Revolution_HD_7.0_Vision.zip
    MD5: f6cdba32b3c92ae6d8d532aa21ed7b44

Extras
    More extras:http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=9213827&postcount=2

You need:
    - Rooted Desire Z or T-Mobile G2.
    - s-off.
    - DZ hboot.
    - EXT4 touch recovery.

How to flash:
    - Download ROM and place it on your SD card
    - Boot your phone in recovery mode
    - Make full wipe
    - In main menu, select "install zip from sdcard"
    - select "choose zip from sdcard" and browse to the location of "Android Revolution HD (vision).zip"
    - "reboot to system"

- WIPE is not required if you are going to ARHD 7.0.x

Credits:
    All thanks for mike1986 for base and VirtuousTeam for unity kernel.

I am not the author of this port.
    The author is my friend: napior
    Changelog:

Android Revolution HD v7.0.4
    - Tweaked ondemand governor
    - Fixed [sys/kernel/debug] being unmounted
    - Added small compability fix for GPU Performance Patch
    - Debugging only via the application's manifest for better performance
    - Fixed auto-permissions on boot for init.d scripts
    - SuperUser by ChainsDD replaced with SuperSU by chainfire (latest version)
    - Zip-aligned using newest SDK r18
    - Google Play (Android Market) updated to latest 3.5.16
    - Facebook updated to latest 1.9.2
    - Gmail updated to latest 2.3.6
    - YouTube updated to latest 2.4.4 and moved to data/app
    - Adobe Flash Player updated to latest 11.1.111.7
    - Adobe Reader updated to latest 10.2.0
    - Google Plus updated to latest 2.5.0.329322
    - ES File Explorer updated to latest 1.6.1.3
    - Google Maps updated to latest 6.6.0
    - Maxthon updated to latest 2.6.2
    - Twitter updated to latest 3.2.1
    - Recovery updated to latest 1.0.0.4 RC3
    - Included latest DropBox because HTC merged with DB
    - Other minor changes and fixes

Android Revolution HD v7.0.2 Fixed
    - Fixed bootanimation

Android Revolution HD v7.0.2
    - Fixed FC after setup wizard for some users
    - Fixed no kernel installation when wrong recovery is used
    - Google Plus updated to latest

Android Revolution HD v7.0.1
    - Removed some obsolete libraries
    - Possibility to choose RCMix or Unity kernel during flashing
    - Added missing zipalign binary
    - Google Plus updated to latest
    - ES File Explorer updated to latest 1.6.1.2
    - Google Maps updated to latest 6.3.0
    - Added some missing locations like English (United States)
    - Twitter updated to latest 3.1.0
    - Maxthon updated to latest 2.4.6
    - Added HTCCamera.apk fixed by Lyapota
    - Fixed first customization menu screen
    - Other minor changes and fixes

Extras/MODs:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20149129&postcount=3

Kernel RCMix v12.2
    http://www.elektro-instal.com/napior/RCMIX_v122_OC_UV_2WCR_EXT4.zip

RCTweaks v2.0 For All Sense 3.5 ROMs:
    http://www.elektro-instal.com/napior/RCTweaks_V2_For_RunnyDrOiD.zip
    Enable backlight permanently:
    "RCTweaks -> Display Options -> Button Backlight Settings -> Medium Light"

TouchPad Wake On:
    www.elektro-instal.com/napior/TP-Wake_BeatMod_3.0.zip

Keyboard without Arrows:
    www.elektro-instal.com/napior/Good_working_Keyboard_Without_Arrows.zip

SuperSmoth Rosie by hamdir:
    http://www.elektro-instal.com/napior/SuperSmoothRosie_by_hamdir.zip

UltraSmoth Rosie by hamdir
    http://www.elektro-instal.com/napior/UltraSmoothRosie_by_hamdir.zip

Xloud (increase volume)
    http://www.elektro-instal.com/napior/XLoudEngine_XxXPachaXxX_UNIVERSAL_Flashable_Zip.zip
    I do not know whether or not damage the speaker so I advise careful when applying.

Removal of notice after the shift it to the side ARHD v7 (SWIPE)
    http://www.elektro-instal.com/napior/lyapota_Swp2Clear_notify_ARHD7.zip

Removal of notice after the shift it to the side ARHD v7 + RCMix (SWIPE)
    http://www.elektro-instal.com/napior/lyapota_Swp2Clear_notify_Runny4.zip
    I am very positively surprised by the speed of this ROM.
    Rom of Sense does not require swap to normal operation.

You should not be surprised ;)
    If you want help or tips about under/over-volting I suggest you ask nik3r, he's a lot more knowledgeable on this matter than me. You can PM him or even ask at his EliteMod ROM thread.

To help with battery life you'd need to set up some profiles so clocks lower as battery percentage degrades. For this, you can use some apps. I'm only going to give a quick rundown about 3 ones I've used, they are SetCPU, CPU Tuner and the Virtuous OC Daemon (VOCD). Keep in mind that this is all personal experience/opinion and your results may vary. So,

First off is VOCD. Since it comes with the Unity kernel, you'd think it would be a good idea to use it. And it is, VOCD is a really good option If you don't want to mess around too much. It's rather simple to configure and it works wonders. However in my opinion, the lack of features such as profiles (it does have profiles but it's a set amount and compared to the other two is lackluster in that aspect) makes it less useful than the two below.

Second comes SetCPU. I've spent a fair amount of time using it, and It was a great app. It can be found in the market and bought for a set price, or be downloaded for free from the developer's site. About it's only difference when compared to VOCD is that it offers more flexibility when it comes to profiles. You can set as many as you like, and also set a "Priority" for them.

Now, to explain this I have to make an example. Assume that you have set up two profiles on SetCPU, #1 to set the max clock to 800MHz when the phone has less than 60% battery left, and #2 to set the max clock to 500MHz. The problem would be, if the phone is both under 60% bat and the screen is also turned off, which profile is SetCPU going to use? This is where "Priorities" come in. So, if profile #1 has a priority of 40, and #2 has a priority of 60, if #2's prerequisites are met then all profiles with lower priority than #2 (in this case, #1) are going to be disregarded. This gets around a lot of issues, and at first glance, it may look as a good concept, but I've also found it to be lackluster. It introduces some problems when it comes to profiling and (in my opinion) it is a bit of a mess when you want to change things.

Lastly, what I am using right now is CPU Tuner. It's a lot like SetCPU but it has a different (perhaps better?) way in managing profiles. It has a different concept, which consists of Triggers, Profiles and Virtual Governors.

So, starting off, a "virtual governor" is the same thing as the ordinary counterpart. It allows you to set the (actual) governor, and the powersave bias. I'm not entirely sure what the powersave bias does behind the scenes, but what it offers is choosing a balance between performance and battery life.

Afterwards, comes the profile. In a profile you can set a virtual governor, the min and max frequencies of the CPU, and services to enable/disable (those are Mobile Data, 2G/3G, Sync, WiFi, BT and Airplane mode). You can set as many as you like.

Lastly, the Triggers. The triggers are the ones supposed to set the actual profiles. How it works is, if your battery percentage is above a user set percentage, then the "Trigger" sets some rules. Those rules essentially define which profiles are going to be used for various states of the phone (these include when the phone is on battery, on AC (charging), when the screen is locked, when a call is in progress, and finally, when the battery is hot). Again, you can set as many as you like.

I find this concept to be a lot more versatile and easier to change when set up. It's a lot more tidy too. It may be a bit confusing at first but after spending about 10 minutes playing with it you'll figure it out.

Take the above information with the fact that I don't find any of the three options above bad in any way, my comments are personal opinion and you may not share it! So please try all three and decide for yourself!