[16-JUL-2011] pcarvalho eXtreme ROM

Search This thread

pcarvalho

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 6, 2008
pcarvalho eXtreme ROM 3.19 WM6.5 OS 5.2.21911/23569/28014/24001/ 29022 WWE R0

Development has been resumed, my thanks to all that made this possible

HTC POLARIS WM65 BUILDs: 21911 [COM2] / 23569 [COM5] / 28014 [WMD] / 24001 / 29022
[READ THESE FEW POSTS BEFORE PROCEEDING]

Roms sorted by date.

UPDATE:
29022 is up, follow the white rabbit...
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=15707730&postcount=8079

this is a fix release...sound issues should be gone...had to remove htc volume control is it still has issues...fixes minor gfx glitches...updated to lastest and probably final leak version of wm6.5.3 (29022)...will from now on work on unresolved issues and finalize rom...this will still take some time due to work...

updated physics engine and utask app by ultrashot...my thanks to him...

patched htc album to novsync, faster scrolling once cache is made...

removed no longer supported apps (my phone and marketplace)...if u need them install via cab...

Important Note:
if you have radio 1.65.xx.xx installed on your polaris, downgrade the radio 1st...
it will not allow you to flash any other ROM (i couldn't even flash official HTC ROM when i tried a ROM with that radio)
link 2 a radio that allows downgrade
There seem to be HR and MC losing data issues with some roms, so i recommend flashing a htc original rom and only then this one, before proceeding as always make a backup of all data before attempting to use this rom...

This is released as "WORK IN PROGRESS" so you can if you want, post what works/what doesn't...
in time i'll correct bugs and release when it seems fit...meanwhile i'll actively answer all major questions, giving all support which is always nice to have...hope you all like it...
cheers

Details:
Rom Name: pcarvalho polaris eXtreme (Beta) R0
Radio included: no radio included but has to be 1.59 and above
OS: 5.2.21911 / 23569 / 28014 / 24001 / 29022 WWE (thanks to the people that make them available)
OEM Drivers: 3.19/1.60 (thanks to Cmonex and chavonbravo) or 3.19 untouched (htc)

NOTES:
You NEED HardSPL installed before flashing any ROM...
Don't forget to make a backup of all data before trying it out...
1st boot takes long time to complete...
Hard Reset after 1st Boot (when it gets 2 calibration screen) to minimize problems, this is always a must as most problems are do to not doing so...
use compatible Radio depending on what version you download...
3G an H are disabled by default for max battery...
some programs have been tweaked, so if you feel they are slower or got bugs, please report them...
support will be provided, here in this thread ASAP...
the (Beta) is due to the fact that wm65 is not released yet...
Tested incoming /outgoing calls... but cannot speak or hear...plus camera all black...change the RADIO to supported one...
2G dialer is made for portrait only
iGO hangs...disable AGPS

Bugs:
cant set date. solution: use wheel.
headphone icon is not displayed in taskbar. solution: not found

myCabs:
pcarvalho WM65 Old Style Icons

all ROM cookers, friends and anyone else that might have helped me one time or so, for the help they gave me while i was learning how to cook, everyone that made all the awesome tools to make cooking possible so everyone could get a better rom for their device ;)
my thanks also to all those that appreciated my work, support it and have sent me some coffee for my long nights awake working for all of you :)

ScreenShots:

Build 21911:

Build 23569:

Note: Both have similar software, only major diference is button layout.

Original HTC ROM:
RUU_Polaris_HKCSL_WWE_3.19.831.3_radio_sign_25.85.30.07_1.59.42.15_Ship
RUU_Polaris_HKCSL_WWE_3.19.831.3_radio_sign_25.85.30.07_1.59.42.15_Ship mirror
flash this rom 1st if you have any stability issues

do not flash if you cant handle BETA software, this 6.5.X has issues, lots of them, its normal to be so as its still in development
ScreenShots of WM6.5.X build, thanks der-nickel

Last edited:
Reactions: Sethielh

pcarvalho

Jan 6, 2008
Please use supplied links only

Old:
pcarvalho eXtreme (3.60.WM65X) ROM 3.19 R0 Release (101MB RAM) [28014] (non3D) [24-Dec-Merry Xmas]
pcarvalho eXtreme (3.60.WM65X) ROM 3.19 R0 Release (101MB RAM) [28014] (non3D) [24-Dec-Merry Xmas] mirror

pcarvalho eXtreme (3.3D.WM65X) ROM 3.19 R0 Release (85MB RAM) [28014] (3D) [24-Dec-Merry Xmas]
pcarvalho eXtreme (3.3D.WM65X) ROM 3.19 R0 Release (85MB RAM) [28014] (3D) [24-Dec-Merry Xmas] mirror

pcarvalho eXtreme (3.60.WM65X) ROM 3.19 R0 Release (101MB RAM) [24001] (non3D) [13-Feb]

pcarvalho eXtreme (3.60.WM65X) ROM 3.19 WWE Release (101MB RAM) [21911] (non3D) [01-Aug]

pcarvalho eXtreme (3.60.WM65X) ROM 3.19 WWE Release (101MB RAM) [23569] (non3D) [01-Aug]

New:
pcarvalho eXtreme (3.60.WM65X) ROM 3.19 WWE Release (101MB RAM) [23569] (non3D) [25-Oct] fileserve.com Link

pcarvalho eXtreme (3.60.WM65X) ROM 3.19 WWE Release (101MB RAM) [23142] (non3D) [24-Oct] fileserve.com Link
(test version, for debugging only, should work just fine but has bugs)

if you like my rom's, use them and want to keep me motivated or just simply to buy me a coffee, in return i'll give you the best support i can, thanks ;)

for alternate links: ask me via PM, thanks

ps: please report all bugs found.

Note:
to people that post my rom on other forums, could you please either copy this full post or post a link to this post, instead of posting the direct link to the rom, else others cant read about problems and fixes avaliable. thanks

Fixes/Tweaks:
Titanium Tweaks
3G Dialer
Battery/Clock/New icons/3G and H tweaks
Disable connections disconnect on end key
Disable default bubble pop-up when incoming call (fixed in 2300X and above)
Default dialer fix for when device locked (only if you disabled slider dialer) (fixed in 2300X and above)
Enable vibrate on touch (ezinput 2.1)
Backlight Fix (23009)
Manila 2D installer
Video not playing fix
M2DC
add Chinese Support
fix iGO8 - ezinput 2.1 issues
make blue bars black in WM65X Builds

Last edited:

pcarvalho

Jan 6, 2008
small tweaks:
1. to make screen more touch sensitive when aligning screen, tap on the cross with the least pressure possible...

2. want to autolock device? goto start>settings>system>smart lock...

3. want to hide contacts from SIM card? then advanced config will be your friend...

Last edited:

pcarvalho

Jan 6, 2008
Things people are always asking about:

Q: When will a new version be released?
A: when im done testing and i think its good for most people...

Q: Will other languages other than english (WWE) be made?
A: simple answer...no...maybe in 2010...

Q: Can you make a 3D/Lite/XYZ version? and when will it be out?
A: yes i can make it...as long as i have time, it will be out when downloads provide me with the info that people want more of it and i have time to make/test it...

Q: Can you make a build based on COM2/3/4/5/Z?
A: yes, i can...but ill be the judge of when and how ill make it...cooking takes a lot of time and whatever i release is always about quality...patience please...

Q: What is the diference between COM2/COM4/WMD/XYZ branch?
A: the most noticeble is until COM2 its old style (WM61) above COM3 its new style (WM65X with bottom buttons)...the rest, have no idea...

Q: Whats the difference between 3D and non3D version?
A: they differ in the drivers...as name says...one has opengl drivers and less 16Mb of ram because of them...the other has not and 16Mb more than 3D version of same rom...the rest is the same (programs/tweaks/customization)...and no you cant install P3D Drivers on non3D rom cause it will break compatibility...

Q: Is there any diference in speed between 3D and non3D version?
A: simple answer...yes, thanks to gfxboost that is included. but at a cost of 16Mb of RAM for DDI drivers...so that means programs (some) can be crashing because of lack of...opera/youtube are 2 of them...but i also wouldn't call non3D slow at least wm6.1 wise...you'll be the judge...

Q: Tested incoming /outgoing calls... but cannot speak or hear...plus camera all black...whats wrong?
A: You have the wrong radio version installed...change it! radio 1.59.xx.xx and above should work...

Q: Can i run manila 2.1/2.5/2.6 on my polaris?
A: Yes you could if someone made the port (someone like me)...but...you will never see it running simply because there isnt enough RAM/ROM to handle it, there are no fully working opengl drivers...and like so...our polaris simply doesn't meet the minimum sys specs to be able to fully run manila 3D...even if someone wanted to make the port...id just say: just buy a HD2! its cheap compared with the all work you'll have ahead...

Last edited:

kostas244

Apr 14, 2008
Oropos - Athens
@ pcarvalho
I think :rolleyes:... that your rom have more ram available.
Sorry for that but i have only one Polaris for testing (with your rom inside now)so i don't remember exactly the ammount of ram.:eek:
And something else...Why the progressive bar (in abum video) always missing in all the latest roms?

Last edited:

pcarvalho

Jan 6, 2008
@ pcarvalho
I think :rolleyes:... that your rom have more ram available.
Sorry for that but i have only one Polaris for testing (with your rom inside now)so i don't remember exactly the ammount of ram.:eek:
And something else...Why the progressive bar (in abum video) always missing in all the latest roms?

must be some wm6.5 compatability issue...i didn't change anything there...

BadBoyBassie

May 26, 2008
Erp
Everything is working fine for me!

1 thing. the sound is different then other roms. when i play music it is a bit low.. not low volume but sounds very low, no high tones.

ive installed wow srs hd and now its fine.

good job! will keep this for a while!

02xda2

Jul 4, 2005
I have downloaded TranMinhMan's latest. But it looks like there is no need to flash that and test after the tests done as above by you people. Thanks.;) Now using pcarvalho's 6.5 with radio 1.58.32.33. (quick GPS not working)

alinescoo

Mar 12, 2008
Well, in the morning I've tested TranMinhMan's ROM, now pcarvalho's ROM. I've been using Win 6.5 since the first ROM I found and I must say, I'm delight with the progress so far. In TranminhMan, with 3.13 drivers from the total of 84 MB, I think free was around 40-45.

@pcharvalho: great great job. I'm using Radio 1.65.xx.xx and everything works fine. Indeed, video is working on Album. The battery drain ain't big, so I guess you enabled some power savings in registry. I installed a battery metter and works great.

Some suggestions for the next ROM:
1. Include KeyLock.cab for those who want to enable hardware buttons when device is lock
2. Include DeviceLock1.2.cab. It creates a shortcut to Lock function and this shortcut can be mapped to a hardware button.
3. WM6.5 Titanium Weather tab would be a nice addition.
4. SyncroTime is always needed
5. PIM Backup is always needed
6. Toggle Wifi On/Off: AKToogleWiFi.cab (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2868203&postcount=1) It creates a shortcut in start menu to enable/disable WiFi with one click. By the way, what is the default wifi protocol enabled b ? g ?

This is the begining of a new era for Polaris. The device keeps getting smoother and smoother. I'm really glad that finally we have a cooker on xda for win 6.5 Polaris Roms. You have made my day pcharvalho. Looking forward for new releases. Thank you. Respect.

pcarvalho

Jan 6, 2008
I have downloaded TranMinhMan's latest. But it looks like there is no need to flash that and test after the tests done as above by you people. Thanks.;) Now using pcarvalho's 6.5 with radio 1.58.32.33. (quick GPS not working)

could you please elaborate on the quickgps not working...doesn't start? doesn't download? certificate error? something else? so i can check that out ;)

pcarvalho

Jan 6, 2008
Well, in the morning I've tested TranMinhMan's ROM, now pcarvalho's ROM. I've been using Win 6.5 since the first ROM I found and I must say, I'm delight with the progress so far. In TranminhMan, with 3.13 drivers from the total of 84 MB, I think free was around 40-45.

that gives mine 10-15 more and thats always nice :)

@pcharvalho: great great job. I'm using Radio 1.65.xx.xx and everything works fine. Indeed, video is working on Album. The battery drain ain't big, so I guess you enabled some power savings in registry. I installed a battery metter and works great.

good to know that radio 1.65.xx.xx works

Some suggestions for the next ROM:
1. Include KeyLock.cab for those who want to enable hardware buttons when device is lock
2. Include DeviceLock1.2.cab. It creates a shortcut to Lock function and this shortcut can be mapped to a hardware button.
3. WM6.5 Titanium Weather tab would be a nice addition.
4. SyncroTime is always needed
5. PIM Backup is always needed
6. Toggle Wifi On/Off: AKToogleWiFi.cab (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=2868203&postcount=1) It creates a shortcut in start menu to enable/disable WiFi with one click. By the way, what is the default wifi protocol enabled b ? g ?

will take that into account next time...
plus i just found fixes for video problems including youtube :)

psx2pal

Jan 5, 2008
maybe a fix for quick gps

Hello, this is maybe a fix for quick gps.

Install an task manager and terminate then "QuickGPS.exe". After this step maybe you can start it. This was a Problem from previouse Roms from TranMinhMan, but after this step it wokrs for me,

Baybe this trick works on this Rom too. I'll test it later.

Sry for my bad english.

kostas244

Apr 14, 2008
Oropos - Athens
Hello, this is maybe a fix for quick gps.

Install an task manager and terminate then "QuickGPS.exe". After this step maybe you can start it. This was a Problem from previouse Roms from TranMinhMan, but after this step it wokrs for me,

Baybe this trick works on this Rom too. I'll test it later.

Sry for my bad english.

Yeeeeesss!!!! I confirm. It's working with that trick;)

If you need a 3g Dialer ...Combo_HTC_3G_Dialer_V1....It's working too !!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    build 29020 is out...

test it and let me know about issues...

cheers

Link:
    WM65_HTC_Polaris_29020_WWE_Beta1.rar
    I have tried this solution but it only works for once......

after that there is no sound on the device.....its like i have a dead speaker....no tones no nothing.....

any other solution or a re-cooked rom with the problem pre-fixed?

hi greekfragma,

im currently uploading a fixed rom, removed the app that made these sound issues happen...

once its uploaded ill post here its link...

cheers

29022:
    http://www.fileserve.com/file/Hb9DAMB
    next up...

COM3 build 29017 has:
    -htc volume control (goodbye old wm volume control)
    -newer sip menu (now works like newer devices)
    -new utask by ultrashot (press and hold taskmanager for settings)
    -sip icon overlap fix in phonecanvas (now 2G dialer should be without glitches)...

major issues:
    -since its COM3 phonecanvas/screenlock may have issues that need to get debugged

-ezinput also has an issue, one can now change layout/languages alot easier but to make things work after every change touch input settings (sip menu item) has to be run, some layouts my be unfinished still...

alpha state is just cause i need people to test it...other then that its fully working rom...

cheers

LINK:
    pcarvalho eXtreme 29017 alpha fileserve (10-04-2011)

pcarvalho eXtreme 29017 alpha hotfile (10-04-2011)
    hi my fellow htc cruise owners

before i begin thank you those that believed in me and that due to my absense got worried...i am...ok...worrie no more please...

sorry for being away for so long but both work and personal life made it very hard to finish what i was doing...that was at the time...fixing stuff 2 make our polaris work a bit more a bit longer...

meanwhile i had a complete system break down, i had copies but not very updated and i would have 2 remake most of the rom all over again

all my efforts went, sort to say, down the drain...

i even managed 2 loose all my passwords, cause i saved them all in my browser (stupid me :) )...including xda forum one...

additionally my own htc polaris also failed me, on one of my last capable attempts on making a android rom...

i ended up losing 50% of the storage capacity...

all these events leaded 2 my total and complete lost in work and ability to bring my simple attempt on making a bug less rom to a final stage...

all and all it was a fun stage...i enjoyed it a lot...hope some of u enjoyed it too...

again sorry for being away for such a long long time...but i only was able to recover my account password 2 weeks ago...

since i had no more working kitchen nor workable device i decided 2 move on a month or so ago...

i have joined the android era...

gotten a new device and will start finding out how android OS is made up, once i have the time (if i ever will have it any time soon)...

again thank you to all...

if u ever need any help please contact me via PM (something i also have 2 take care cause my PM box got a bit full)

cheers
    whats to come...

build 29020 SYS
    major issues since my last alpha release should now be fixed (email/wifi, incall volume)
    threaded email
    added screen rotation app
    new lockscreen layout
    new wallpaper