AHD drops wifi on stock and custom ROMs

Search This thread

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
I have an AHD and I have had this problem for a while. When on stock or custom ROMs, the phone will suddenly drop the wifi connection. Sometimes, it will re-connect right away, other times, it takes a bit. Once it re-connects, it will either stay connected for a few minutes and drop again or it will connect and immediately drop it. It didn't bother me too much but it seems to be getting worse.

I'm running the latest Bell radio (mb886_bp_100740.071.65.61p).

Anyone else have this issue?

Edit: does the same thing with the latest retail Mexico radio too.

Last edited:

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Thanks for the links. The solutions offered don't help. I have WiFi, it just drops randomly at times.

I'll be putting the ahd away and switch to using my backup Samsung phone.

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
I have used the above fix for intermittent WiFi connectivity problems just like yours.

Sent from my Atrix HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I just loaded the att radio from stock 4.1.1 ROM for testing. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks again for your help.

Edit: The AT&T modem seems to have really helped. I surfed continuously for 40 minutes and it never dropped the wifi signal :)

Last edited:
Reactions: TheJeremyWhite

Taha Haq

Mar 7, 2013
karachi
I just loaded the att radio from stock 4.1.1 ROM for testing. I'll let you know how it goes.

Edit: The AT&T modem seems to have really helped. I surfed continuously for 40 minutes and it never dropped the wifi signal :)

Hello I am having the exactly same problem can you tell me how you solved this issue ?

Sent from my ATRIX HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

audit13

Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
Download the stock ATT 4.1.1 ROM and extract the file named NON-HLOS.BIN using 7zip.

1) install the adb/fastboot files to a single directory on my computer;
2) place the NON-HLOS.bin file in the adb/fastboot directory from step 1;
3) open a command prompt window as an administrator;
4) install the Motorola USB drivers and connect my booted phone with USB debugging enabled;
5) from the command line, type "adb reboot bootloader" and press the enter key to get my phone into AP Fastboot Flash mode;
6) from the command line, type "fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin" and press enter; and
7) reboot the phone and check to made sure my baseband now says "QUINARA_BP_100740.081.65.05".

I have to say that it helped but the problem did reappear. I then decided to flash a complete stock ATT 4.1.1 ROM again, I ran the OTA update which updated the modem again, and wifi has been fine since the OTA update.

Reactions: Taha Haq

chrisb906

Jan 4, 2013
I have an AHD and I have had this problem for a while. When on stock or custom ROMs, the phone will suddenly drop the wifi connection. Sometimes, it will re-connect right away, other times, it takes a bit. Once it re-connects, it will either stay connected for a few minutes and drop again or it will connect and immediately drop it. It didn't bother me too much but it seems to be getting worse.

I'm running the latest Bell radio (mb886_bp_100740.071.65.61p).

Anyone else have this issue?

Edit: does the same thing with the latest retail Mexico radio too.

Omg. I didn't know u were in this devices section too? Lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have used the above fix for intermittent WiFi connectivity problems just like yours.

Sent from my Atrix HD using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Download the stock ATT 4.1.1 ROM and extract the file named NON-HLOS.BIN using 7zip.

1) install the adb/fastboot files to a single directory on my computer;
    2) place the NON-HLOS.bin file in the adb/fastboot directory from step 1;
    3) open a command prompt window as an administrator;
    4) install the Motorola USB drivers and connect my booted phone with USB debugging enabled;
    5) from the command line, type "adb reboot bootloader" and press the enter key to get my phone into AP Fastboot Flash mode;
    6) from the command line, type "fastboot flash modem NON-HLOS.bin" and press enter; and
    7) reboot the phone and check to made sure my baseband now says "QUINARA_BP_100740.081.65.05".

I have to say that it helped but the problem did reappear. I then decided to flash a complete stock ATT 4.1.1 ROM again, I ran the OTA update which updated the modem again, and wifi has been fine since the OTA update.