Bootloop LG G2 Sprint

Search This thread

usvi525

Nov 7, 2008
Dallas/Fort Worth
Hello everyone thanks for checking out my post for assistance.
I was running the OpTimuS 2.2 yesterday when my phone jumped into a boot-loop. The phone will be on for about 20-40 seconds then reboot. During that time I have no service and when I update the profile I get a message that I don't have any service. I can get into recovery and Download mode. I tried to just wipe and install the rom again. That process resulted in the same boot loop. I have a back up but that was done before the "spark" update and I didn't want to restore that because I know there will be an issue with the radio. I downloaded the stock rooted rom but the phone will not stay on long enough to transfer the file and when I try and load via recovery it will not allow me to transfer the file. (never shows up on computer I might be doing that wrong) I then attempted to bring the phone back to stock following this process http://www.rwilco12.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=96 but when I get down to step 13 the program will not respond anymore. I am going a friends house to try on a different computer but I wanted to get this out there just in case that has the same result.
Thanks again for any info that you could provide.

Shadow_God

May 13, 2012
Euless
Hello everyone thanks for checking out my post for assistance.
I was running the OpTimuS 2.2 yesterday when my phone jumped into a boot-loop. The phone will be on for about 20-40 seconds then reboot. During that time I have no service and when I update the profile I get a message that I don't have any service. I can get into recovery and Download mode. I tried to just wipe and install the rom again. That process resulted in the same boot loop. I have a back up but that was done before the "spark" update and I didn't want to restore that because I know there will be an issue with the radio. I downloaded the stock rooted rom but the phone will not stay on long enough to transfer the file and when I try and load via recovery it will not allow me to transfer the file. (never shows up on computer I might be doing that wrong) I then attempted to bring the phone back to stock following this process http://www.rwilco12.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=96 but when I get down to step 13 the program will not respond anymore. I am going a friends house to try on a different computer but I wanted to get this out there just in case that has the same result.
Thanks again for any info that you could provide.

Flashing back to stock won't work, I had the same thing happened.......it's the EFS Partition (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2451390) If you made a EFS Partition Backup, then flashing that will be your best hope.....I didn't make a backup :p so I went to sprint cuz I have insurance and they are ordering me a new phone

usvi525

Nov 7, 2008
Dallas/Fort Worth

Shadow_God

May 13, 2012
Euless
They replaced it even though your phone was rooted?

I used the LGFlashTool to bring it back to stock unrooted.......but my phone had no sevice and rebooted every couple minutes, plus the touchscreen wasn't working either.....I told them I took the Spark update and thats when it happened, he said they had alot of issue with touchscreen stopped working and rebooting issue with the spark update......so they didn't look at it long...lol

I have tried back to stock numbers of times....installing modems....restoring my backups....nothing would get it to work, so I gave up and went to sprint...lol

Last edited:

alone-together

Jan 7, 2014
On the rom you were using, have you tried enabling airplane mode to prevent reboots? You could try to get a stock-based flashable zip on the device if possible.

baublitz

Jun 21, 2012
This is my last ditch effort. Small back story: I somehow wiped EVERYTHING on my G2. EFS partition, ESN, data, SIM info., everything with dialer codes. All of my network information reads "unknown". I tried many methods from here on the forums to get this data back and it turns out I have lost my EFS partition- DNA for the network? I sent it to LG to get it fixed, having done a hard reset and leaving no trace of root. They sent it back without even asking and did no repairs. The note said "board bent". WTF?? How does the user bend the main board, especially when I never opened it? They voided my warranty and ripped off my IMEI/MEID sticker from the back of the phone.

Anyways, I am here with a brick. No network still. Here is what I have done:

1) .tot method to ZVC. Several more times... once to ZV7 where I lost touch capability. Luckily saved my arse with a micro->usb cable and a mouse.

2) attempted to root with ioroot25. Failed because the phone WILL NOT find recovery mode. adb, voldown+pwr then again from power off, and apps are unable to force the phone into recovery mode. I assume it is possible that my recovery mode is deleted?

3) Would have tried all of these "rewrite your efs/imei/etc" things but I can't do any without root. Can't root without recovery, can I?

4) Spent the last two weeks scouring the internet for a fix and going back to my Epic 4G temporarily.

Please help me, has anyone seen this before? Can anyone help me fix it? I am to the point where I would pay to have it fixed. Any experts out there? XDA has yet to let me down... I just need to know if I can fix it or if it is a brick so I can go searching for an old Sprint GS3.

Thanks all,

baublitz