OTG Mass storage problem

Search This thread

massivebanana

Mar 12, 2013
Whenever i transfer files from my usb stick to my phone or the other way around i get disconnected at random times. How do you fix this ?

rohitarora27

Jul 7, 2013
gurgaon
try the following

Whenever i transfer files from my usb stick to my phone or the other way around i get disconnected at random times. How do you fix this ?

you might try out transaction of files via another pd or might try out with another otg cable for the same
there is a possibility of these two things being faulty or incompatible with one another
if the problem still persists then there is slight change with your read/write permissions to the folders/files
might try out the above and let me know

hit thanks if i solved your query :)

massivebanana

Mar 12, 2013
you might try out transaction of files via another pd or might try out with another otg cable for the same
there is a possibility of these two things being faulty or incompatible with one another
if the problem still persists then there is slight change with your read/write permissions to the folders/files
might try out the above and let me know

hit thanks if i solved your query :)

pd ?, and how can it be the OTG cable fault, its an normal cable ? How do i change/check the read/write permissions ?

rohitarora27

Jul 7, 2013
gurgaon
pd ?, and how can it be the OTG cable fault, its an normal cable ? How do i change/check the read/write permissions ?

just a bit confused here.
are you copying files from your pd (pen drive) to your phone via a otg(on the go) cable. or are you interpreting the data transaction with a pc.
also would like to know if your phone is rooted and are running a rom /kernel?

happy to help :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

massivebanana

Mar 12, 2013
just a bit confused here.
are you copying files from your pd (pen drive) to your phone via a otg(on the go) cable. or are you interpreting the data transaction with a pc.
also would like to know if your phone is rooted and are running a rom /kernel?

happy to help :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Well apparently it started working, its only disconecting if i transfer files with the help of ES file explorer, if i use the default "browser" it works.

rohitarora27

Jul 7, 2013
gurgaon
Well apparently it started working, its only disconecting if i transfer files with the help of ES file explorer, if i use the default "browser" it works.

default file manager works
its great to hear that
u can change the es file explorer and make it work by enabling the setting called root explorer

let me know if it works in es explorer as well

hit that thanks meter and tell i helped you :) happy to help.
B)