Screen Protection?

Search This thread

cdf3

Mar 15, 2011
I've been going back & forth whether or not I should get one as well. I tend to see more negative reviews than positive ones for the Zagg. I won't be as rough with it like I am with my cell phone. I'm wondering if I will need a protector at all.

anchor_th

Jun 14, 2010
I got an InvisibleShield and I think it's worth it. It's just comforting to know that I can do whatever I want to the screen, and there won't be any scratches on it.

MrSewerPickle

Aug 17, 2010
Frisco
I have one on my captivate, my laptop and have ordered one for my tab. I will say they are definitely not for everyone. So heres how I would describe it:

-100% will protect your screen from scratches (micro and major). Even gorilla glass will scratch.
- Feels like a orange peel or rubber/plastic on the screen. I love it, some ppl really hate it.
- After cleaning it, you might notice your finger catching a bit on swipes and drags. Its minor but some people again like that super slick glass feel for a touch screen and thats understandable.
- Might have some small bubbles after applying. They WILL go away over time, I promise.

WRXBluByU

Feb 10, 2011
I have had them on my phones for years, deff not putting one on the Tablet. It's not carried around in your pocket. It has scratch resistant glass so any normal day to day stuff shouldn't scratch it.

xManMythLegend

Dec 1, 2008
NYC
Those wet application orange peel ones all suck.
Static screen protectors are much easier to try and remove if you dont like them.

bluefire808

Jul 18, 2010
Not sure if the GT has gorilla glass but my Evo does and i have dropped it atleast 6x i the year i have owned it. All 4 corners got marks and i even managed to drop it face down in a compacted gravel parking lot. It slid after it landed face down! Still not one scratch when im sure normal glass would have spider webbed. So if its gorilla glass dont need a screen protector baby!

Kevin Gossett

Oct 14, 2010
North Texas
On my phone? Absolutely. On the Tab? I don't think it's necessary. I've had my ipad since it launched without a screen protector, and don't have a single scratch, because when I'm not using it, it's in a case

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

ericc191

Jan 28, 2007
West Fork
Nay for the tab. It's going to spend most of its time in my house on the coffee table. Gorilla Glass has me covered, in my opinion.

happilyaccosted

Oct 15, 2010
Union City
Nay for the tab. It's going to spend most of its time in my house on the coffee table. Gorilla Glass has me covered, in my opinion.

What gorilla glass? I haven't seen anything that 'officially ' states the 10.1 having gorilla glass

Ie... http://www.netbooknews.com/26680/users-reporting-google-io-galaxy-tab-10-1-build-quality-failure/

Last edited:

ericc191

Jan 28, 2007
West Fork

cdf3

Mar 15, 2011

jetfire18

Nov 19, 2010
I just install the bodyguardz full body armor. Worth the money.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA Premium App

v3rn

Dec 20, 2009
Boston
I'm not too worried about the screen scratching, but it picks up fingerprints way too easily. I need to buy an oleophobic screen protector that won't collect fingerprints and oils, just haven't found one that is a decent price and has some positive reviews.

cdf3

Mar 15, 2011
I'm not too worried about the screen scratching, but it picks up fingerprints way too easily. I need to buy an oleophobic screen protector that won't collect fingerprints and oils, just haven't found one that is a decent price and has some positive reviews.

I hate the fingerprint smudges as well. I saw a post a while back. Someone recommended to use a special solution on the screen that will help. Can't find the post unfortunately.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

piperp

Jun 23, 2011
I'm not a big fan of the smudges either but you only notice them when the display is off or you're viewing the screen from a wide angle. When I'm using it right in front of me, I can't even see them and I know it has a lot of smudges on it.

Like others said, it's not my phone so it won't be directly exposed to keys or other things that may scratch it. I can't wait for my Samsung book case to arrive to I feel better about it sitting out when I'm not using it.

Digital Man

Jul 21, 2007
New York

Boxwave Cleartouch Anti-Glare is really good at resisting fingerprints, if you don't mind a matte screen (I prefer a matte anti-glare on all my mobile devices)

Wasn't available yet, last time I checked, for the GTAB 10.1 but I'm sure it will be out shortly. Have one on my XOOM and my GTAB 7.

xManMythLegend

Dec 1, 2008
NYC
Are there any pics or videos of this on the web? I've never used anti glare screens I feel like its going to drop the screen quality.

ky0nkyon

Feb 2, 2010
I hate the fingerprint smudges as well. I saw a post a while back. Someone recommended to use a special solution on the screen that will help. Can't find the post unfortunately.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

was it rain-x?

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA Premium App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yea or Nay?

I saw a Zagg at Best Buy for $29. Worth it? I know i do not want to scratch the screen.