[Recovery/Bootstrap] Atrix 2 Bootstrap Recovery

Search This thread

nitroglycerine33

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2010
IA
This is a bootstrap recovery for the Atrix 2. It is based off of Koush's bootstrap for the Droid Bionic and modified for the Atrix 2. I do not own an Atrix 2 but everything should work!

Flash at your own risk! Enjoy!

Download: http://www.elementalxdesigns.com/ec...Recovery-Bootstrap-Atrix-2-Bootstrap-Recovery

Steps to use bootstrap:
1. Install the Atrix2Bootstrap.apk
2. Select "Bootstrap Recovery"
3. Superuser will prompt for permissions
4. Select "Reboot Recovery"

When the phone reboots it will boot up into Clockworkmod Recovery.

Last edited:

svtfmook

Aug 14, 2007
ok, i backed up

however, there's no way to boot into cwm recovery.

holding up/down and power gets you to the moto fastboot, where you can select recovery, you'll be greeted by a triangle and android, pressing up/down again gets you to the stock recovery. but cannot get into the cwm recovery.

Reactions: duncanidahoe

nitroglycerine33

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 29, 2010
IA
ok, i backed up

however, there's no way to boot into cwm recovery.

holding up/down and power gets you to the moto fastboot, where you can select recovery, you'll be greeted by a triangle and android, pressing up/down again gets you to the stock recovery. but cannot get into the cwm recovery.

That is because it is a bootstrap recovery. You cannot flash over the stock recovery with a locked bootloader. The only way to get into clockworkmod recovery is through the bootstrap.

Reactions: russell359

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
We'll use this just like we would Rom Manager correct? Now to find be a nice bootanimation and get rid of that awful AT&T logo!!

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
Ok still not able to flash a zip? Its starts and then aborts. Can some one else try this also to make sure it isn't just me

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 AM ----------

do not flash this, just put this in /system/media

I need to take out the stock animation and save it first, then replace with your zip correct? Do you have a preview

dasfiend

Aug 6, 2010
Gurnee, IL
Ok still not able to flash a zip? Its starts and then aborts. Can some one else try this also to make sure it isn't just me

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 AM ----------

I need to take out the stock animation and save it first, then replace with your zip correct? Do you have a preview

You can also disable the animation entirely via build.prop if you want.

svtfmook

Aug 14, 2007

yes

it's the nexus prime animation set to our resolution and fps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRuQfN6e3MM

Reactions: JRW 28

JRW 28

Aug 19, 2011
FL
Ok gotcha. Was trying to flash a couple of bootanimations I had saved from my OG ATRIX. Thought I could flash them like I used to on it.

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
If recovery gives us the ability to flash things to our phone, and the original recovery method didn't work on this phone, how can we flash this unofficial recovery to it? I'm so confused right now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a bootstrap recovery for the Atrix 2. It is based off of Koush's bootstrap for the Droid Bionic and modified for the Atrix 2. I do not own an Atrix 2 but everything should work!

Flash at your own risk! Enjoy!

Download: http://www.elementalxdesigns.com/ec...Recovery-Bootstrap-Atrix-2-Bootstrap-Recovery

Steps to use bootstrap:
    1. Install the Atrix2Bootstrap.apk
    2. Select "Bootstrap Recovery"
    3. Superuser will prompt for permissions
    4. Select "Reboot Recovery"

When the phone reboots it will boot up into Clockworkmod Recovery.
    I Was about to ask that. Could you please make a mirror?

LIFE! Enjoy it while you Still have it!

Atrix 2 Bootstrap:

here you go --> Mirror
    Updated the OP to change to my new download link. I updated my site and it changed all the download URLs.
    awesome

here goes nothing, lol
    How do you remove the bootstrap? I still cannot use my sdcard in recovery...want to try installing again or trying a different method.

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

here ya go

[Removing CWM on Boot]
    1) Delete file /system/bin/mot_boot_mode
    2) Rename file /system/bin/mot_boot_mode.bin to /system/bin/mot_boot_mode

[Removing CWM Recovery]
    1) Delete file /system/bin/logwrapper
    2) Delete file /system/bin/hijack
    3) Rename file /system/bin/logwrapper.bin to /system/bin/logwrapper
    4) Delete directory /preinstall/recovery