Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Paresh Kalinani

Apr 28, 2012
Mumbai
OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6T
Will HTC One V get an upgrade to Android 5 JellyBean? ?? I have already bought this phone but some people say that I've done a mistake and I should have bought a phone with dual core so that I would be able to upgrade it to JellyBean? HAVE I DONE A MISTAKE?? My price range was just Rs.18,000.

Passa91

Dec 17, 2010
The HTC One V has an unlocked bootloader and the kernel source is released. If Jelly Bean doesn't arrive through official means, I think you'll find it'll get it unofficially.

I do not see why a single core device would not be able to run Jelly Bean.

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
1gh is enough for JB. if JB will be improved in terms of speed and smoothness and using less resources then it will be just fine for One V. From GB to ICS it is a major jump because the whole system is cleaned and the clutter is removed (from within android internally) and you can see why. ICS is moving faster than GB on a device as old as Htc Hero (2009 released).

handisetyadi

Mar 5, 2011
how about our one v RAM? Its always under 100mb in normal use. Will it be able to handle JB ?
Im worried RAM will be an obstacle for one v to get JB update

the Doctor

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2011
In the TARDIS
Jelly Bean hasn't even been announced yet. I don't think there are any answered to the question. Nobody even knows for sure what changes it will bring.

1ceb0x

Jun 25, 2010
The Earth
how about our one v RAM? Its always under 100mb in normal use. Will it be able to handle JB ?
Im worried RAM will be an obstacle for one v to get JB update

It's like that on stock rom running sense + icecream. What did you expected? from 512 mb ram, to have 500 free?!

After you've installed a custom rom without sense that eats a lot of ram, you will have enough ram for yourself.
One V will maybe won't get OFFICIAL JB update, but it will definitely be ported once it is released and sources are out.

And dudes, come on! You are waiting for port? IT IS NOT EVEN LAUNCHED YET! You have ICS, play with it. I am stuck on Chocolate - Eclair - GB roms from 2009. I had ICS on my current phone but some things are not working correctly because it is a port and it is not done. If I were you I will love every moment that ICS + sense has to offer.

I can't wait to buy the One V... 8 more days!

Last edited:

Passa91

Dec 17, 2010
All you guys complaining about RAM (in this topic and the other one in Q&A) need to relax - that's just how Android works. Android will free up memory when it needs it. I'm not an expert but my understanding is that its memory management is drastically different to OSes like Windows and OS X.

This is the same reason why stuff like task killers are terrible. 512MB RAM is easily fine for ICS and will probably be fine for JB too (on an 800x480 screen anyway).

shubhamchamaria

Jan 28, 2011
Mumbai
All you guys complaining about RAM (in this topic and the other one in Q&A) need to relax - that's just how Android works. Android will free up memory when it needs it. I'm not an expert but my understanding is that its memory management is drastically different to OSes like Windows and OS X.

This is the same reason why stuff like task killers are terrible. 512MB RAM is easily fine for ICS and will probably be fine for JB too (on an 800x480 screen anyway).

After rooting supercharging also handles ram in a better way...

Sent from my HTC One V using XDA

the Doctor

Retired Senior Moderator
Dec 15, 2011
In the TARDIS
With 512MB RAM, you do not need Supercharger (I would dispute its usefulness at all).

Let Android handle memory the way it was designed.
Agreed. It makes you wonder what Google's software engineers supposedly overlooked that someone had to come behind and fix. What Supercharger does is not secret. If Google wanted to, they could buy it and put into the stock kernel but I don't see that happening.

On an experiential level, the only ROM with Supercharger kernel that I ever used was a great ROM, but it's performance was not noticeably better than a regular overclocked kernel. In fact, it had a greater tendency to hesitate and lag my Wildfire S.

ThePresence

May 24, 2011
Mumbai
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
That isn't true ...I have got 3 its updates since I bought my phone and my friends one x has just got one....they also fixed the menu button problem in our case while it still remains unresolved if not for blubbers...

Sent from my HTC One V using XDA

What???I'm only got one update is there's any effect on update after rooting???

Sent from my HTC One V using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I read on the net that JB will not support Single Core 1Ghz processors and even some Dual Core processors...!!!!:(

They said hat even for gingerbread which even 500mhz processors run beautifully!
    So no need to worry and I can guarantee that we will get JB! if not hTC then I will try...I am still learning compiling from source!
    After rooting supercharging also handles ram in a better way...

With 512MB RAM, you do not need Supercharger (I would dispute its usefulness at all).

Let Android handle memory the way it was designed.
    I have no idea what the topic is about here. Jellybean has not yet been announced or released. This thread serves no purpose, as such, I'm closing it. If you want to have an off-topic discussion, you can create a new thread in the Off-Topic section. Before creating a thread, please search the forums first, as I am sure a thread about this topic already exists.

Thread Closed.

"if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice" ~N.P. Rush

Brought to you courtesy of my Galaxy Note (i717) using XDA Premiero!