*** Firmware News & Alternative Install Methods*** Ver.10.6.1.14.8 date 1405

Search This thread

masiegel

Mar 28, 2010
Thanks but I already tried that about 50 times, also made a restart, changed the language but still no update available

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

rlarson)mn

Aug 25, 2007
Thanks but I already tried that about 50 times, also made a restart, changed the language but still no update available

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Well I am stuck on revision 21. Not 22 or 26 but the original. The only update I got was when I connected my TF201 tablet to my TF700
t. The dock went from 206 to 207. When ever I check for manual updating it indicated I am up to date with my revision level which is getting really old. I attempted two different persons instructions for downloading the US update from Asus's site but neither one accomplished their intention. In a word HELP ASUS!

UPDATE: Downloaded the file from Asus's site and did a complete manual update from a miniSD card. Worked and am at 22 at this time with no issues. Waiting for 26 OTA update to come through or a posting on Asus's site for another complete manual update.

Last edited:

Redefined301

Jul 20, 2012
TAIPEI CITY
Well I am stuck on revision 21. Not 22 or 26 but the original. The only update I got was when I connected my TF201 tablet to my TF700
t. The dock went from 206 to 207. When ever I check for manual updating it indicated I am up to date with my revision level which is getting really old. I attempted two different persons instructions for downloading the US update from Asus's site but neither one accomplished their intention. In a word HELP ASUS!

Always be happy with what you got you're not stuck, as there's newer firmware in the future.

Did you unlock your bootloader?

criodor

Dec 21, 2010
Duiven
Changelog as far as I could find:

TF700T ICS v9.4.5.26
• Touch
Upgrade touch F/W to 7053
Add update fail dialog for touch firmware update
• Improve eMMC file transfer performance(PC to Pad)
• Fix MicroSD compatibility issue
• Upgrade GMS(Google Mobile Services)
Chrome v18.0.1025123 (US and WW SKU only)/ GMail 4.0.5/ Google Maps 6.8.1/
Google+ 2.6.0/ Play Store 3.5.19
• System Behavior
Screen does not turn on when removed from dock
When Tethering is enabled, WiFi won’t disconnect even when device sleeps.
• File Manager
Add Unzip Feature
• FOTA
Allow user NOT to accept FOTA for unlimited times.
• Wi-Fi Direct
Bug fix and performance fine-tune
• MyLibrary
Performance fine-tine
• App Backup
Phase in AppGuide 2.0
Increase backup size from 600MB to 2GB.
Bug fix and UI fine-tune
• Camera
Upgrade camera f/W to 0xB03200
UI fine-tune
• E-Mail & Exchange
Add “Threading Display”, “OOO”, “Grouping Display”, “Rush Hour”, “Partial Download/Down the rest message”, “Select All option” Features
Bug fix and performance fine-tune
• Live Wallpaper
Adds enable/disable animation setting in AsusDayScene.
• Wall Paper
Fix BMP, GIF images do not fill the whole screen as wallpaper
• Settings
USB to LAN accessory: Add Ethernet connection related settings in suspend mode.

Source = https://www.facebook.com/asusfinland

Last edited:

d14b0ll0s

Sep 4, 2011
Great find, thanks!

So does Chrome actually install now even if it wasn't installed before? I had it, so wouldn't know.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

The first update for the infinity is out 06/07 Version V9.4.5.22

The Second update for the Infinity is out 27/07 Version V9.4.5.26 :good:

Changelog. numerous performance/app updates plus new microSD code

Perhaps you could add the full changelog ^^ now until it's available on ASUS site.

cheltenham2004

Nov 30, 2010
Baiona
www.hotelarce.com
Great find, thanks!

So does Chrome actually install now even if it wasn't installed before? I had it, so wouldn't know.

---------- Post added at 11:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

Perhaps you could add the full changelog ^^ now until it's available on ASUS site.

No probs any ideas just let me know :good:

Reactions: d14b0ll0s

rlarson)mn

Aug 25, 2007
Did you unlock your bootloader?

No did not unlock anything. Finally ended up doing a file download of revision 22 as well as a manual update unzipping manually and putting the file onto a miniSD card and inserting it into my tablet after doing a cold boot. That did it and am now at 22. Waiting for 26.

Superinc

Jul 27, 2008
Wow, went the whole day withoutcrashing or restarting. How it should be , still kind of laggy while i type this message. Good job, asus.

Ausmike

Jun 2, 2011
NYC
Am in US ............. and got UPDATED to

BUILD NUMBER
IML74K.US_epad-9.4.5.26 -20120720

and only issue I got with ASUS = short changing me by 'selling me' a Tf201 DOCK as TF700 dock !!!
(as I already did have that dock with my other tablet from ASUS!!!)

Redefined301

Jul 20, 2012
TAIPEI CITY
Am in US ............. and got UPDATED to

BUILD NUMBER
IML74K.US_epad-9.4.5.26 -20120720

and only issue I got with ASUS = short changing me by 'selling me' a Tf201 DOCK as TF700 dock !!!
(as I already did have that dock with my other tablet from ASUS!!!)

What if you went to buy something called "ABCD" and it was written on the price list as "DCBA" and in the end you found out that "the thing you bought" is actually the very thing which you were looking for, would you still complain about someone selling you "DCBA" where "ABCD" doesn't actually exist? (would this still concludes him selling you a replacement product instead of what you were really looking for ?)

Kalipok

Jul 28, 2012
What if you went to buy something called "ABCD" and it was written on the price list as "DCBA" and in the end you found out that "the thing you bought" is actually the very thing which you were looking for, would you still complain about someone selling you "DCBA" where "ABCD" doesn't actually exist? (would this still concludes him selling you a replacement product instead of what you were really looking for ?)
You misunderstood him, it's more like "what if you bought an optional device ABCD for you old EFGH and that, when you decide to buy the brand new EFGH2, you are told you should buy the new optional DCBA, because it fits the new EFGH2 better... And once you get it, you see that it's the exact same ABCD you already bought. Wouldn't you complain ?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Alitheia

Redefined301

Jul 20, 2012
TAIPEI CITY
You misunderstood him, it's more like "what if you bought an optional device ABCD for you old EFGH and that, when you decide to buy the brand new EFGH2, you are told you should buy the new optional DCBA, because it fits the new EFGH2 better... And once you get it, you see that it's the exact same ABCD you already bought. Wouldn't you complain ?"

So as you can see he has the old dock already and it's probably with firmware that's not compatible with TF700 anyways, (but if he plugs his TF700 into the old dock, it will update the old dock's firmware automatically doesn't it?) So either way his old dock becomes a dock which is then compatible with TF700 and in the end he still have the decision to sell his old device complete with the old dock to someone else.
And if he didn't read the posts where people have already suggested that the old dock is almost the same and can be interchanged.
Wouldn't there be anymore confusions about the dock?

Ausmike

Jun 2, 2011
NYC
NEW DOCK & OLDER DOCK ~~~ interchangeability

So as you can see he has the old dock already and it's probably with firmware that's not compatible with TF700 anyways, (but if he plugs his TF700 into the old dock, it will update the old dock's firmware automatically doesn't it?) So either way his old dock becomes a dock which is then compatible with TF700 and in the end he still have the decision to sell his old device complete with the old dock to someone else.And if he didn't read the posts where people have already suggested that the old dock is almost the same and can be interchanged.Wouldn't there be anymore confusions about the dock?

AM not sure where to begin .. or re-start this DOCK "substitution" issue....

so let me make few things more 'clear' with some details

a) already have a DOCK with TF201 (older model transformer for pple who didnt know) and the DOCK = is also grey ( looks same as new new one)
b) bought new DOCK ( for tf700 32GB grey to match) at same order with tablet , on first week of release.....

>>> for few people with replies above - some of things to note::
1) I am not new to tech stuff (never did much thinsg on windows ; am old Unix fart)so can DRIVE into teckie bits fast , but am too lazy now ( retired)
2) I ACTAULLY READ and RESEARCH SPECS b 4 buying - so as to KNOW WHAT AM GETTING..... ( not a tire kicker!)
3) when I ordered these two ( tablet and dock ) I actually was ALREADY a VIP MEMBER on ASUS - so was able to see and get details specs from ASUS via their tech Support link
4) got emails quoting TWO SEPERATE (NEW) sku numbers ,

>> so since these were 'supposed' to be NEW HARDWARE and new Software-OS..... I so excited to see them PHYSCALLY
to my suprise , when I opened the DOCK package ( thought = wow it looks same ) but when I PLUG two (tablet and dock) and booted
; one of FIRST THING I LOOKED @ was "about"
and to my suprise = saw DOCK listed at TF201....

> so i got on PHONE to ASUS (tech Support) and they went thru all sorts of "marketing talk... Balah blah ,,,..
so my i was left with final two choices:
1) return whole shipment
2) Asus to CREDIT me some MULA $$$ ....

so I accepted 2nd Options ( but still bit pissed as i feel 'cheated' )
cheated = for me were if you were buying a car ( hope I dont get picked on for using car as an EXAMPLE@@)
like u went to a dealer , to buy a NEW < LATEST MODEL CAR eg 2102/2013 models > ,, and youw ere given specs and shwon pictures of new new model
BUT when u take delivery , you see and find numbers ; models that shows up as its a MODEL listed as 2010/2011 model!!!

that my BEEF..................but ASUS did come to the party = gave me check for xxxx...

weirdest part is

when I MATE the tolder Tf201 dock with Tf700 tablet = it works like a charm !!! ((((get SAME INFO in 'about' section)))
when I mate the new new dock with TF700 tablet = still get same sameas above - like there is NO differance now

** note before the 'last update' that ASUS pushed , there was some 'driver' differance showing in about section , but NOW ITS SAME SAME
dont matter which physical DOCK I USE with TF700 tablet ( pity i ddint take screen shot to show the differance before .. grrr

** HOWEVER the new new dock = get some issues with OLDER Tf201 tablet ( as I havent updated that to ICS) ,,,,,,,,,,,, so I get some key function issues- minor things >> so am planning on ( working over night again till 4am before wife yells @moi!!) UPGRADE to ASUS STOCK ICS ROM (( the TF201 = rooted and has loader UNLOCKED .. so not as SIMPLE to upgrade etc etc...)

SIDE NOTE::: i feel ASUS is going to release software/ drivers soon to address this 'driver from tf201' that they using into current NEW TF700 dock ( the newer dock is more lighterweight , better battery life and is NEW NEW HARDWARE = just pity the dev;s in rush to release the products didnt get enough time to RENAME THAT INTERFACE DRIVER and fix the display in 'about' screen !!!!

hope this helps with some/any confusions about DOCK

Love this forum = had lots of fun reading and contributing to it ,,,,,,,,,,, HAIL to the teck's here !!
cheers

leroybrute

Jan 1, 2012
spud state

a) already have a DOCK with TF201 (older model transformer for pple who didnt know) and the DOCK = is also grey ( looks same as new new one)
b) bought new DOCK ( for tf700 32GB grey to match) at same order with tablet , on first week of release.....

1) I am not new to tech stuff (never did much thinsg on windows ; am old Unix fart)so can DRIVE into teckie bits fast , but am too lazy now ( retired)
2) I ACTAULLY READ and RESEARCH SPECS b 4 buying - so as to KNOW WHAT AM GETTING..... ( not a tire kicker!)
3) when I ordered these two ( tablet and dock ) I actually was ALREADY a VIP MEMBER on ASUS - so was able to see and get details specs from ASUS via their tech Support link

>> so since these were 'supposed' to be NEW HARDWARE and new Software-OS..... I so excited to see them PHYSCALLY
to my suprise , when I opened the DOCK package ( thought = wow it looks same ) but when I PLUG two (tablet and dock) and booted

> so i got on PHONE to ASUS (tech Support) and they went thru all sorts of "marketing talk... Balah blah ,,,..
1) return whole shipment

cheated = for me were if you were buying a car ( hope I dont get picked on for using car as an EXAMPLE@@)
like u went to a dealer , to buy a NEW < LATEST MODEL CAR eg 2102/2013 models > ,, and youw ere given specs and shwon pictures of new new model
BUT when u take delivery , you see and find numbers ; models that shows up as its a MODEL listed as 2010/2011 model!!!

that my BEEF..................but ASUS did come to the party = gave me check for xxxx...

weirdest part is

when I MATE the tolder Tf201 dock with Tf700 tablet = it works like a charm !!! ((((get SAME INFO in 'about' section)))
when I mate the new new dock with TF700 tablet = still get same sameas above - like there is NO differance now

** note before the 'last update' that ASUS pushed , there was some 'driver' differance showing in about section , but NOW ITS SAME SAME
dont matter which physical DOCK I USE with TF700 tablet ( pity i ddint take screen shot to show the differance before .. grrr

** HOWEVER the new new dock = get some issues with OLDER Tf201 tablet ( as I havent updated that to ICS) ,,,,,,,,,,,, so I get some key function issues- minor things >> so am planning on ( working over night again till 4am before wife yells @moi!!) UPGRADE to ASUS STOCK ICS ROM (( the TF201 = rooted and has loader UNLOCKED .. so not as SIMPLE to upgrade etc etc...)

SIDE NOTE::: i feel ASUS is going to release software/ drivers soon to address this 'driver from tf201' that they using into current NEW TF700 dock ( the newer dock is more lighterweight , better battery life and is NEW NEW HARDWARE = just pity the dev;s in rush to release the products didnt get enough time to RENAME THAT INTERFACE DRIVER and fix the display in 'about' screen !!!!

Love this forum = had lots of fun reading and contributing to it ,,,,,,,,,,, HAIL to the teck's here !!
cheers

Its just to bad you have to explain yourself in detail for the smart asses while most understood from logic to begin with.

1) return whole shipment

weirdest part is

cheers

FYI in case you missed it an asus rep in the general section is claiming theyARE physically different and the model sticker was an oops/lazy. He claims it's different color, different weight, different battery position.

I called BS but since you have both you may want to chime in. I asked for pictures, no response yet.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Tenth update for the Infinity is out 29/05 Version 10.6.1.14.8-20130514 4.2.1 :good: (Versions can be downloaded from the link)

Release Notes to follow

Direct Link for Download (link now live)

http://www.asus.com/Tablets_Mobile/ASUS_Transformer_Pad_Infinity_TF700T/#support

To Install the download file follow bellow.

Unzip the initial file you have downloaded. It will unzip into another .zip file actually.
    Now copy that zip file to a microsd card's root, and insert the card into your tablet.
    You will see a notification icon in the taskbar that there is an update detected, click that notification and it will update your tablet

Alternative Firmware update Method

1. Decompress downloaded .zip file (it will be another .zip)
    2. Rename it to EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip
    3. Format FAT32 the MicroSD card that you will be using for the update process
    4. Copy the file to (the root directory of) your MicroSD
    5. Insert it into the tablet
    6. Shutdown (power off) the tablet
    7. Power it on by pressing and holding VOLUME DOWN and POWER buttons simultaneously
    8. When you see white text in the top left corner of the screen, release the buttons ^^ and press VOLUME UP button until you see Android logo and process bar
    9. Wait patiently for 10 minutes or so
    10. Enjoy!

Also remember that you will probably need to use RootKeeper to regain root privileges and reinstall BusyBox too (firmware update changes the /system partition).

Thankyou to d14b0ll0s

Right, I tried this and discussed it further with d14b0ll0s. I just couldn't get it to work.
    I already have the .22 CN version pre-installed. I tried WW, US and TW but none would work. Once I enter recovery it just can't find the update files.
    It's irritating me that I can't use any of the Google apps including the Play Store, and the rest of the apps I have are mostly in Chinese.

If anyone has an idea, I'd love to hear it.

Hello ...

download the update file (TW or WW or whatever you want) from the ASUS download page.
    You have to decompress the ZIP File. Then you have the actual update ZIP file (TW_epad-user-9.4.5.22.zip or WW_epad-user-9.4.5.22.zip).
    You have to rename the File to "EP201_768_SDUPDATE.zip" (Important: write big!) and copy the File to the root of a FAT32 formated microSD Card and insert the same into your Tab.
    Now, reboot into recovery and the update install will begin without any verification of Software Version. After the update, your Data and Programms are still there.
    I had installed the WW Version on a TW and it runs perfect.

I hope i understand your problem correct and could help you ... and sorry for my bad English.

Greetings Andy
    Is it just me wondering this, or why are they releasing a firmware update that updates Google apps?

Isn't that what the Play Store is for?

The only thing I'm looking forward to is getting Jelly Bean eventually :)

Agreed. I wish it didn't include G+ at all really. No intentions of using it.

You can however disable built-in apps!
    - go to control-panel/apps
    - select all
    - uninstall any updates for the app you hate/want to remove
    - now that app is clean/original you can click "disable"

App should now not be listed anymore and playstore will no longer search for updates on it (or atleast should not).
    The first update for the infinity is out version V9.4.5.22

attached the change log :D

it is the tw version at the moment the ww version should be out in a few days

++ OTA update to 9.4.5.22 now out for ww 13th July ++
    Firmware Update V9.4.5.22 for specific regions has been officially released:
    JP - Japan
    CN - China
    US - United States
    WW - Presuming for Europe region
    TW - Taiwan
    http ://support .asus .com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=ASUS+Transformer+Pad+Infinity+TF700T&p=20&s=16