Some apps don't show up in my Market

Search This thread

Ravynmagi

Nov 2, 2010
Maybe this has nothing to do with the NC, not sure yet.

But I've noticed that some apps don't seem to show up in the Market on my Nook Color, but do on my Android phone and AppBrain.

For example EA Mobile has some 99 cent games on sale right now. I got Need for Speed for my phone. And it shows up in AppBrain on my NC, but in the Market it's not there.

I noticed some others missing too like Super Manager.

Are these apps not showing up because this Market apk came from the Galaxy Tab and they aren't supported on tablets (noticed one of the EA games did mention it wasn't supported on the Galaxy Tab)? Or is something else going on?

clockcycle

Dec 28, 2007
Miami, FL
Moto G Power (2021)
Maybe this has nothing to do with the NC, not sure yet.

But I've noticed that some apps don't seem to show up in the Market on my Nook Color, but do on my Android phone and AppBrain.

For example EA Mobile has some 99 cent games on sale right now. I got Need for Speed for my phone. And it shows up in AppBrain on my NC, but in the Market it's not there.

I noticed some others missing too like Super Manager.

Are these apps not showing up because this Market apk came from the Galaxy Tab and they aren't supported on tablets (noticed one of the EA games did mention it wasn't supported on the Galaxy Tab)? Or is something else going on?

Market will not show apps that are deemed incompatible with your device. Since NC doesn't come with market, it will mainly show you generic apps. Other alternate market apps may show you apps that work or that don't and apps that require OS 2.2, since the NC is an unsupported device.

-CC

naezwood

Dec 20, 2010
I've had this same problem, specifically with Pocket Legends. I sideloaded an old .apk of it and booted it up. It works, but then tells me to upgrade and when I let it go to the market, the screen just flashes and goes back to the pocket legends app.

Ravynmagi

Nov 2, 2010
Ugh. Is this something that could be fixed in the future? I'm starting to get surprised at how many apps I can't download from the Market now. Can't even install Firefox. :(

I guess I can try side loading some of these thing from my Android phone.

earlyhike

Dec 26, 2010
Inconsistance

I've had to re-root my new nook color several times. The first time I did it the Market had a limited number of apps. Viewing the "Top Free" or "Top Paid" only had about 10 apps visible as opposed to a long ongoing list of apps.

After a factor reset and re-root the market was showed any and every app.

After a third factory reset and reroot the market was back to the original way with far fewer apps. (currently Firefox, Dolphin, Skyfire are NOT visible but Opera is)

So I can confirm "something" is problematic. I came to this forum hoping for an answer myself.

Running 1.0.1 and used auto-nooter each time.

barbo

Sep 17, 2008
NY
This may not fix your problem, earlyhike - but it may help someone:

When viewing the market holding it as a portrait, only 10 apps show but if you rotate to landscape then you can scroll through the long list.

Hope this helps someone :)

Ravynmagi

Nov 2, 2010
Now I'm curious what is going on.

Those of you that found Firefox, were you using the new Market or the old market?

I'm using the New Market and not seeing Firefox (and some other things). I wonder if this new Market apk is the issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This may not fix your problem, earlyhike - but it may help someone:

When viewing the market holding it as a portrait, only 10 apps show but if you rotate to landscape then you can scroll through the long list.

Hope this helps someone :)